ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

On 12/9/2023 at 3:21 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The R3, there isn't a beta for DumaOS 4 on the R2 yet and no need for more beta tests on the R3 now launch is so close. I'm sure we'll provide some beta firmware for the R3 after launch

I honestly feel for those of us who have supported since the R1 should be offered access to a beta dumaOS 4 for the R2 ahead of others. Would be nice to feel like our continued support is recognized imo. I understand the focus is on the R3 but man, it would be nice to see a loyalty program since we put these devices and beta firmwares into our networks to test. 

Hi Fraser.

i see multiple comments from you saying it “should be with you by Xmas if all goes to plan” does that mean there is a possibility that it won’t? I’m about to purchase but want to know the answer to this question first.

On 12/10/2023 at 10:49 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We've actually done away with the requirement to factory reset on the latest firmwares in Early Access, if you notice we don't mention to do so after the upgrade anymore. It should no longer be necessary to do so. We don't have a feature for that at the moment but it's been requested before so quite possible it will come in future. 

If all goes to plan, you will! You're welcome, glad to see you're so excited!

hey m8 do you think you could dm me my R3 order please didnt seem to recieve a email also checked spam folder too thanks

• Administrators
9 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

I honestly feel for those of us who have supported since the R1 should be offered access to a beta dumaOS 4 for the R2 ahead of others. Would be nice to feel like our continued support is recognized imo. I understand the focus is on the R3 but man, it would be nice to see a loyalty program since we put these devices and beta firmwares into our networks to test. 

Like with R2 Early Access I'm sure we will be doing that, pretty much anyone who signs up for that can have access to it and I suspect it will be the same for DumaOS 4 but right now we don't have a beta available.

1 hour ago, PharmDawgg said:

Will all the optimal settings in the guide be applicable to the R3 as well. I plan on putting a lot of time into the setup process.  Thanks for any input.  

No, we'll be updating guides and providing videos on the features. The state of the firmware is still quite fluid at the moment so once it hits launch and we have a better idea of what will be present we can get that out.

19 minutes ago, SableEU said:

Hi Fraser.

i see multiple comments from you saying it “should be with you by Xmas if all goes to plan” does that mean there is a possibility that it won’t? I’m about to purchase but want to know the answer to this question first.

There's a very slim chance you won't receive it by Xmas, we just don't want to promise that it will be delivered by then.

12 minutes ago, dizzy said:

hey m8 do you think you could dm me my R3 order please didnt seem to recieve a email also checked spam folder too thanks

Could you email [email protected] please and we can get you sorted

6 minutes ago, michele said:

Quando verrà spedito?

Dovresti riceverlo entro Natale, riceverai un'e-mail di tracciamento quando verrà spedito

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you clarify what you mean exactly?

There are lots of instances where we are told to disable IPV6 and try it.  Often, various functions work better with IPV6 disabled.  Because of this, I wanted to know if DumaOS 4 is handling IPV6 differently to resolve some of these issues.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

There are lots of instances where we are told to disable IPV6 and try it.  Often, various functions work better with IPV6 disabled.  Because of this, I wanted to know if DumaOS 4 is handling IPV6 differently to resolve some of these issues.

Gotcha, I don't think that'll be an issue, we've done our best to make it work right out of the gate, of course the real test is when it gets into the hand of all the users.

On 11/23/2023 at 6:10 PM, Netduma Lew said:

Today we announced the Netduma R3, powered by DumaOS 4. Welcome to the R3VOLUTION.

The Netduma R3 has a mission of delivering solid hardware for 2023 while also launching with DumaOS technology that you’ve never seen before. It arrives with a lot of firsts for a Netduma router, including WiFi 6 and RGB capabilities.

DumaOS 4 is a major standout that completely revolutionises how you get the most from your home network. Everything from classic features to the UI has been completely revamped, with several newcomer features that will change your game and THE game.

Here’s a breakdown of some highlights from DumaOS 4:

• Geofilter 2.0, a whole new Geofilter solution that works more effectively for virtually any online game.
  • SmartBOOST is the brand new evolution of QoS,automatically adjusting to give everything the optimal amount of bandwidth at any given moment.
  • Steady Ping heralds the arrival of our long-awaited Anti-Jitter technology (that’s right, it’s finally here). By sacrificing a tiny ping buffer, you ‘lock-in’ a ping that doesn’t fluctuate. Now, every game feels as smooth as the last.
  • And more, all in a completely overhauled UI!

This thread acts as both the announcement and discussion thread for the Netduma R3 - ask questions and get as excited as we are!

To answer some of the questions we expect to hear for the R3 and DumaOS 4, we’ve put together some ‘Pre-FAQs’:

Will DumaOS 4 be coming to the Netduma R2 or NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers (XR500/XR700/XR1000/XR450/XR300)?

We fully intend to get DumaOS 4 on the Netduma R2 - we’re expecting this to be a straightforward task so the wait won’t be long. If you own an R2 and would like to be notified when DumaOS 4 is available to you, please enter your email here.

However, for Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers, we have some more unfortunate news: as things stand, DumaOS 4 will not be coming to these units. As you can probably tell, it has been a challenge getting these models onto DumaOS 3.3, for reasons outside of our control. We have been able to get the XR500, XR450 and XR700 onto 3.3 via  open beta firmwares. And this week we received an XR1000 firmware from NETGEAR (running DumaOS 3.3) which is going through our internal testing now. 

So as things stand right now, the only way to get your hands on DumaOS 4 currently is to purchase a Netduma R3.

How much will the Netduma R3 cost?

We always try to provide good value for the hardware we’re responsible for, and because of that the Netduma R3 is landing with a launch discount, pricing it at $199.99 (exc. VAT) / £179.99 / €199.99. This price point won’t last forever, but we want people who support us early on the benefit from doing so.

What are the Netduma R3 hardware specs?

We worked hard to decide the final spec of the Netduma R3. It has WiFi 6 with really good WiFi coverage across your home (we tested this extensively and it’s a LOT better than the R2), a quad-core CPU and all the RAM and Flash memory we’ll ever need. Our overall aim was to use hardware that was really solid without charging you guys and arm and leg to buy it  

The full list of the Netduma R3 hardware spec can be found on our site, at the bottom of product page. Check it out!

CPU/WiFi Chip used: Broadcom BCM6756

Where can I learn more about DumaOS 4?

You can check our website for more about each of the newcomers to DumaOS 4, and stay tuned for our upcoming video series covering each feature in a little more detail.

Will DumaOS 4 arrive on Telstra Optimiser and EE WiFi Enhancer?

Yes, both platforms will be updated with the latest DumaOS features down the road.

Is the R3’s WiFi better than the R2?

We paid special attention to ensuring that the R3’s WiFi performs well, to cover all areas as a solid router for any home. The WiFi specifically in the R3 is Dual-Band Gigabit AX3000, providing a far better WiFi experience than the R2 in terms of range and throughput.

I have pre-ordered. When will my R3 be sent?

We expect routers to arrive in December, and we’ll begin shipping pre-orders as soon as stock arrives on a first-ordered-first-sent basis. 

What this means is that while we can’t give a specific shipping date to cover every order, we expect that every R3 preorder will be fulfilled before Christmas.

Can I buy a Netduma R2 instead of a Netduma R3?

The Netduma R2 is now officially out of stock, and we have no plans for renewing the stock.

Has the Netduma R3 been beta tested?

Yes! A selection of beta testers from the forum have extensively tested the R3 and worked with us to make sure it’s great. A huge special thanks to them for helping us (and keeping things quiet until now!)

Does the RGB look cool?

Yes, it looks very cool. But if you are no fun at parties, they can also be turned off 😛 

Hyped

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Like with R2 Early Access I'm sure we will be doing that, pretty much anyone who signs up for that can have access to it and I suspect it will be the same for DumaOS 4 but right now we don't have a beta available.

No, we'll be updating guides and providing videos on the features. The state of the firmware is still quite fluid at the moment so once it hits launch and we have a better idea of what will be present we can get that out.

There's a very slim chance you won't receive it by Xmas, we just don't want to promise that it will be delivered by then.

Could you email [email protected] please and we can get you sorted

Dovresti riceverlo entro Natale, riceverai un'e-mail di tracciamento quando verrà spedito

thanks i replied i messed up the email but hopefully that will be sorted

4 hours ago, Yoda said:

Just saw the Twitter(X) feed saying shipping for R3 pre-orders start tomorrow woot! :) 

Edit* Shipping in the order that the pre-orders were placed I believe. 

I have Order #431xx (23rd November 2023). 
i hope before Christmas🥰