ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, IrishNomad said:

I would love to see a head to head review of the new R3 vs an equally powerful OpenWRT powered router with Cake QoS. Compare all features but focus on lag and ping reduction.

That's a cool idea and I get why you'd want that but once we do that we'd then have to do other routers as well. Once you see more of DumaOS 4 though you'll see there really is no comparison!

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Eefo said:

@Netduma Fraser Could you please also confirm details of my order too? Placed the order on November 23rd, but haven't received any email after that. I paid via PayPal and those are the only emails i have, nothing from Netduma side.

[email protected] is the email i used to pay for the pre-order.

I can confirm we do have your order, would you like a screenshot of the order?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's a cool idea and I get why you'd want that but once we do that we'd then have to do other routers as well. Once you see more of DumaOS 4 though you'll see there really is no comparison!

Well this would only be done by users that own both and I don't see a reason to include other routers except these since they're well known for being the top QoS routers.

I'll wait till the R3 ships and then open a new thread to see if anyone would be up for it!

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can confirm we do have your order, would you like a screenshot of the order?

Thank you for the confirmation, and that is okay as long as you can see me in the list. 
Any rough idea on when to expect the tracking no?

Has the ppoe bug causing problems on the Xr1000 been fixed on the R3. Would prefer that the R3 handle the the ppoe connection. Also owned the Xr500 for a long time, which would correctly restrict speeds when Always was applied. The Xr1000 does not do this.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Eefo said:

Thank you for the confirmation, and that is okay as long as you can see me in the list. 
Any rough idea on when to expect the tracking no?

If all goes to plan customers will have it by Xmas.

3 hours ago, Sabrewing said:

Has the ppoe bug causing problems on the Xr1000 been fixed on the R3. Would prefer that the R3 handle the the ppoe connection. Also owned the Xr500 for a long time, which would correctly restrict speeds when Always was applied. The Xr1000 does not do this.

We're working hard to make sure issues like that are not present so it's as stable as possible

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

@Netduma Fraser I've sent you a message  but have not received a response. I can see on my CC that the payment has gone through (not pending) that's all I have on my end.  Would be nice to have a confirmation/receipt and tracking if we need to be home to sign for delivery. 

Best to email for this, I can't find an order with your forum email so if you send some details of the order I can look it up that way and send you a confirmation

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If all goes to plan customers will have it by Xmas.

We're working hard to make sure issues like that are not present so it's as stable as possible

OO BOIII. Its exciting.
I have a General question, nothing related to Netduma. 
Is that true that with time the networking devices get worn off and needed to be changed? 
Someone mentioned that, and i gave it a thought and it turns out to be true to me, Because if you look these devices run 24/7 365 days and For sure with time their performance get affected.
What are you thoughts on it?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, XR700 Owner said:

I have done that Fraser. Sent you the details yesterday and you haven't read it yet from what I can see.

[email protected] ? I'm not seeing anything there, could you send it again please?

49 minutes ago, Eefo said:

OO BOIII. Its exciting.
I have a General question, nothing related to Netduma. 
Is that true that with time the networking devices get worn off and needed to be changed? 
Someone mentioned that, and i gave it a thought and it turns out to be true to me, Because if you look these devices run 24/7 365 days and For sure with time their performance get affected.
What are you thoughts on it?

They are designed to be always on and use little power so they can definitely last a long time but as with everything they can degrade but if you look after them you should be good.

24 minutes ago, Densha-Warrior said:

Hi! 

Will there be a vlan option for connection like R2? (My internet provider use vlan 100)

If so, will it be there when R3 comes out?

Thanks

Yes VLAN is available.

If all goes to plan you'll have it by Xmas.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserQuestion have the speeds for the hybrid vpn improved on the R3 or it the same as on the R2?

I'm actually not sure on that one, in theory it should be better than the R2, I'll check with the team and get back to you.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No it doesn't

Email [email protected] with your order number and we can sort that out for you

It's really a shame that the latest model is inferior in terms of hardware to a model that's five years old.
I wanted to change the router to benefit from an up-to-date and stable DumaOS firmware, but it's impossible because I need this specific connectivity..

2 hours ago, santa78 said:

It's really a shame that the latest model is inferior in terms of hardware to a model that's five years old.
I wanted to change the router to benefit from an up-to-date and stable DumaOS firmware, but it's impossible because I need this specific connectivity..

You could always set the xr700 into AP mode and just use it as a switch with an sfp+ port with your R3 as the primary router.