ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

1 hour ago, pmg said:

Sorry if I have missed the info elsewhere but what can the r3 handle in comparison to the r2 in terms of pps (packets per second) and qos up/down.

I'm not actually interested at all in terms of the new wifi capabilities as I have access points for that.

So really just trying to see the net benefits of the new r3 for me over the current r2 bar getting duma os 4 earlier.

Thanks in advance

I'm curious how your R2 handles using access points. Technically mine work with my XR but doesn't recognize devices correctly at all. Does your R2 identity them correctly?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Stilts29 said:

How will you be informing people when their routers are being sent? I got a receipt from PP for payment but no direct email from Netduma?

Is there some way to track the pre order?

Thanks

Yes everyone who has ordered will get a tracking email when it has shipped. Your order confirmation may have gone to your spam folder

19 minutes ago, IrishNomad said:

I'm curious how your R2 handles using access points. Technically mine work with my XR but doesn't recognize devices correctly at all. Does your R2 identity them correctly?

That's always going to be a tough one because it's going through another device, I don't know if we have specifically tested that but I'll ask the team

Debating on ordering as an upgrade from the xr700. Just a little apprehensive as I have a larger household with lots of devices. The xr700 handles all my traffic rather well but I'd honestly really like to walk away from Netgear for obvious reasons. I do have >1Gbps Internet as well (around 1200/40). Aside from the wireless as I have 2 APs to handle WiFi, what would be the benefits to upgrade to the R3?

@IrishNomad

It seems to identify some but not others ,so I actually think its more an issue with how the device broadcasts and the access point also identifies rather than the router. They are all there just not all correctly named.This is using ubiquiti U6-LR.

@Netduma Fraser

thanks for your earlier reply !

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Weind8695 said:

Received the XR1000 yesterday and returning it.

Just pre-ordered the R3. Looking forward to it. 

Any ETA on shipping time?

Thanks

If all goes to plan you should have it by Xmas.

41 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

Debating on ordering as an upgrade from the xr700. Just a little apprehensive as I have a larger household with lots of devices. The xr700 handles all my traffic rather well but I'd honestly really like to walk away from Netgear for obvious reasons. I do have >1Gbps Internet as well (around 1200/40). Aside from the wireless as I have 2 APs to handle WiFi, what would be the benefits to upgrade to the R3?

That's understandable, from a pure software standpoint, it's unlikely the XR700 will receive any more major updates (e.g. new features) and going on from that the R3 will have DumaOS 4 which has new features like Anti-Jitter and QoS updates that will work wonders for larger households (more on that later). More frequent updates and new features coming. Obviously the hardware on the XR700 is still a beast even compared to the R3 but does it have RGB? 😄

24 minutes ago, pmg said:

@IrishNomad

It seems to identify some but not others ,so I actually think its more an issue with how the device broadcasts and the access point also identifies rather than the router. They are all there just not all correctly named.This is using ubiquiti U6-LR.

@Netduma Fraser

thanks for your earlier reply !

Hmm do your devices correctly show online or offline? That's another issue I have in addition to most being named Null. I use a TP-Link HD660 and on the AP GUI, it correctly names my 35+ devices. I had none of these issues when using the XR WiFi.

@IrishNomad

Online offline has seemed accurate from my experience ..... yes you can name the devices and if you give them a fixed ip it should be fine. I in truth finder it easier to manage from the AP in general though .

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserAre there going to be any improvements or plans to accurately detect devices when there off and online live?

Nothing specifically relating to that that I am aware of but everything is improved. If a device is going into standby/instant on modes then that could be the cause

Just pre-ordered the R3. Actually feels really good to walk away from the usual name brands in networking. I'd honestly rather support a smaller company like netduma that seems to really care about it's user base and believes its product. Cheers to the entire team and I'm looking forward to being a true part of the netduma family instead of an ugly Netgear XR step-child. 

4 hours ago, pmg said:

@IrishNomad

Online offline has seemed accurate from my experience ..... yes you can name the devices and if you give them a fixed ip it should be fine. I in truth finder it easier to manage from the AP in general though .

That's way too much work that really shouldn't be required and I agree, managing from the AP is the only way to get accurate info about devices now it seems. Not being named properly or being able to tell offline or online, makes most of the DumaOS useless. Most people want to plug and play, not plug and config for hours on end. That's time away from gaming lol. I enjoy tweaking on devices that are made for that but a device made for simplicity, I just want it to work. In all fairness I guess I'm asking a little much by wanting to run my own AP but a guy can wish for the best of both worlds. Maybe an R4 Pro with 2.5G ports and AP support will be in the future 😁

1 hour ago, XR700 Owner said:

Hey @Netduma Fraser, do you happen to know the range of the WiFi on this unit in sq ft? If not it's ok. I'm going to see if I can get away with just using the R3 and ditch the 2 APs currently distributing WiFi. 

That would be impossible to answer as everyone’s environment is different.  You would need to map out your property to see what is required taking into consideration that a router can far exceed a client for communication so you want good coverage to avoid errors in transmit which slow down the network.

@Netduma Fraser

I just ordered the Netduma R3. Would there be any limitations for using this router in Singapore for example?

I am on a 1gbps up/down internet connected via RJ45.

Best Fibre Broadband Plans & Deals in Singapore | StarHub

Finally, Singapore power socket is based on the UK/British Type G standard. Is it possible to include that if your SKU for UK has that power adapter provided? I understand they are being shipped out from UK anyways.

Thanks Fraser!

electricity-tiles-type-G.jpg

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's most likely in spam, if not I can resend it

I've checked it but don't see it anywhere. Could you resend it to me please?

How and what info do u need me to share with u?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes everyone who has ordered will get a tracking email when it has shipped. Your order confirmation may have gone to your spam folder

That's always going to be a tough one because it's going through another device, I don't know if we have specifically tested that but I'll ask the team

I double checked spam folder and did not receive an order confirmation from yourselves. Would you mind resending please. Thanks

13 hours ago, IrishNomad said:

That's way too much work that really shouldn't be required and I agree, managing from the AP is the only way to get accurate info about devices now it seems. Not being named properly or being able to tell offline or online, makes most of the DumaOS useless. Most people want to plug and play, not plug and config for hours on end. That's time away from gaming lol. I enjoy tweaking on devices that are made for that but a device made for simplicity, I just want it to work. In all fairness I guess I'm asking a little much by wanting to run my own AP but a guy can wish for the best of both worlds. Maybe an R4 Pro with 2.5G ports and AP support will be in the future 😁

Are you using the device manager export and import functions for device names?  I have over 70 devices on my home network.  I keep a master device list that I import whenever I have to reset the router.  

• Administrators
11 hours ago, XR700 Owner said:

Hey @Netduma Fraser, do you happen to know the range of the WiFi on this unit in sq ft? If not it's ok. I'm going to see if I can get away with just using the R3 and ditch the 2 APs currently distributing WiFi. 

No we don't have a value for that but it should cover the average sized home at the very least

9 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

@Netduma Fraser

I just ordered the Netduma R3. Would there be any limitations for using this router in Singapore for example?

I am on a 1gbps up/down internet connected via RJ45.

Best Fibre Broadband Plans & Deals in Singapore | StarHub

Finally, Singapore power socket is based on the UK/British Type G standard. Is it possible to include that if your SKU for UK has that power adapter provided? I understand they are being shipped out from UK anyways.

Thanks Fraser!

We always try to include the relevant power adapter for the country it is being sent to so as you do use the same power adapter as us that will be shipped to you!

7 hours ago, Sameer said:

I've checked it but don't see it anywhere. Could you resend it to me please?

How and what info do u need me to share with u?

Thanks!

I have resent it, double check spam as well

4 hours ago, zzennnn123 said:

@Netduma Fraser

In this version of dumaos are the ppoe and IPV6 problems already solved?

It will be resolved yes!

1 hour ago, Stilts29 said:

I double checked spam folder and did not receive an order confirmation from yourselves. Would you mind resending please. Thanks

I have resent it, double check spam as well