ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

Hello Fraser

i own the xr500. Tried R2 xr1000 as well before i dont get A+ bufferbloat with Dumaos its around 30ms. Only with openwrt i get A+. Do you think the R3 will handle bufferbloat like openwrt? 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, e32iL said:

Hello Fraser

i own the xr500. Tried R2 xr1000 as well before i dont get A+ bufferbloat with Dumaos its around 30ms. Only with openwrt i get A+. Do you think the R3 will handle bufferbloat like openwrt? 

If you're using 3rd party tests they can be impacted by Traffic Prioritization which is why it may not appear as good. We have done work though to improve the tests and overall QoS will be better.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Sameer said:

Hi @Stilts29!
did you now receive your confirmation email after @Netduma Fraser confirmed re-sending it on latest reply?
I still havn't got it. checked my spam/junk folders. no luck for me.

I can send you a screenshot from the order as it appears on the backend for us if you would like it for your records?

3 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Are you using the device manager export and import functions for device names?  I have over 70 devices on my home network.  I keep a master device list that I import whenever I have to reset the router.  

No, I've never used that feature as that would still require manual work to name everything to begin with. With so many names being Null or something else totally unidentifiable, figuring out what's what would take hours. If I'd started a list from scratch when first connecting everything I can see that being a great idea but since I switched to an external AP long after the fact, that's not something I want to take hours to do.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can send you a screenshot from the order as it appears on the backend for us if you would like it for your records?

That would be great!

Please yes, thank u!

Before I place my order for the R3 (see this is maybe the only way out of my numerous issues on my XR500) please can you confirm:

- DHCP bug is no longer present so I can let the router allocate IPs correctly just like any router should (I would hope so as I assume netgear are no longer involved in this) 

- QOS isn't causing websites to no load (such as Twitch) so I don't have to no longer keep having to toggle it on and off to load a simple website? 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, DanologyUK said:

Before I place my order for the R3 (see this is maybe the only way out of my numerous issues on my XR500) please can you confirm:

- DHCP bug is no longer present so I can let the router allocate IPs correctly just like any router should (I would hope so as I assume netgear are no longer involved in this) 

- QOS isn't causing websites to no load (such as Twitch) so I don't have to no longer keep having to toggle it on and off to load a simple website? 

1. That was a XR series bug to related to the Netgear developed settings so isn't applicable here.
  2. I've not encountered anything like that so far

7 hours ago, e32iL said:

Hello Fraser

For reference, the first image is with SmartBoost off and the second with it running. the efficiency of SmartBoost is noticeableqosoff.thumb.png.4de5349c580967037d2063248b9145b7.png

qoson.thumb.png.41f6a9d816ccf66979abec84169bcdc7.png

Ordered a couple hrs or so ago.

Had a good time participating in the R2 beta firmware/ SmartQoS during the summer with cloud and firmware updates improving things constantly. 

It is that commitment that made me pull the trigger on the new one even though i can still manage with the R2. 

Wireless upgrade is a big plus for me especially now that i upgraded to 500mbps ftth. 

I hope some extra care is given to geofiltering games that use the Steam Datagram Relay servers on PC - especially Destiny 2.

Either way, ggs netduma team, looking forward to getting the new beast.

19 hours ago, Sameer said:

Hi @Stilts29!
did you now receive your confirmation email after @Netduma Fraser confirmed re-sending it on latest reply?
I still havn't got it. checked my spam/junk folders. no luck for me.

Hi @Sameer, no I did not receive the resent order email unfortunately. @Netduma Fraser please can you send a screenshot? Also any chance you can confirm which email address you have been sending to privately with me? I have checked my profile email I have set up and its correct. I have received emails from the forum all ok.

Many thanks

• Administrators
13 hours ago, XR700 Owner said:

@Netduma Fraser

Hey I've been looking in my inbox and junk/spam folder for the confirmation/tracking email and none can be found. 

PM me the email you used to purchase - I can't find an order with the email used for your forum account.

3 hours ago, Stilts29 said:

Hi @Sameer, no I did not receive the resent order email unfortunately. @Netduma Fraser please can you send a screenshot? Also any chance you can confirm which email address you have been sending to privately with me? I have checked my profile email I have set up and its correct. I have received emails from the forum all ok.

Many thanks

Same email as your forum account, I've DMd you the screenshot

On 11/30/2023 at 3:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We always try to include the relevant power adapter for the country it is being sent to so as you do use the same power adapter as us that will be shipped to you! 

Hi Fraser,

Is it possible to change the adapter? My order will be shipped to Ireland but I need the EU version of the adapter.