ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

So i got my shipping info friday but from the looks of it it wasnt collected on friday. No info still on monday with a delivery date I'm guessing they wasn't collected or shipped/posted friday?

That or it hasn't been scanned by DHL yet, if you got it late on Friday then it was likely us creating the shipping label in preparation for delivery. With so many orders it's not really feasible to print it per order or on the day necessarily

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That or it hasn't been scanned by DHL yet, if you got it late on Friday then it was likely us creating the shipping label in preparation for delivery. With so many orders it's not really feasible to print it per order or on the day necessarily

I got the email around 12pm did you have a collection after that time? I only ask as I'm working now up until Christmas but of till new year 🙌

21 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

would have traded RGB for some 2.5GBE ports

2.5 Gb ports is something completely absurd and unnecessary that only increases costs, there are few people with connections greater than 2 Gb so increasing costs only for 4 people does not make sense...

16 minutes ago, titofuenla said:

2.5 Gb ports is something completely absurd and unnecessary that only increases costs, there are few people with connections greater than 2 Gb so increasing costs only for 4 people does not make sense...

It's not absurd or unnecessary for future proofing and more importantly, LAN traffic such as a NAS or media server.

18 minutes ago, IrishNomad said:

It's not absurd or unnecessary for future proofing and more importantly, LAN traffic such as a NAS or media server.

If you do a survey, I bet that more than 90% do not even have a 1Gb connection, which means much less than 2.5... and Nas and multimedia servers, the same, the vast majority of R3 users do not use it, which would increase costs.

54 minutes ago, IrishNomad said:

Hi ! 
If it's just to increase your local traffic speeds, just put a switch behind the R3. 

Personally I have an SFP+ switch and 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port connected between my PC and my NAS which allows me to do local network transfers at more than 500 MB/s on very large video files.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

I got the email around 12pm did you have a collection after that time? I only ask as I'm working now up until Christmas but of till new year 🙌

Yes we would have had a collection later in the day, more routers are being collected today so keep an eye on it and should track in the evening most likely

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Puoi inserire i dettagli VLAN e PPPoE sì

As above we're looking into making Steady Ping more reliable, the same with Ping Optimizer as well but if you try it 3 more times does it allow it to work?

Tried one more time from my computer hardwired it worked, not sure if the issue is with wifi only. 

This may be a dumb question, but in my current setup I use an router with disabled Wi-Fi connected to a wireless AP which handles all my wireless devices in my home. Any special setup or settings I should be prepared to configure on the R3? I plan on disabling the wifi on the R3 and using my wireless AP as that is centrally located in my home. Thank you. 

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, mron0903 said:

This may be a dumb question, but in my current setup I use an router with disabled Wi-Fi connected to a wireless AP which handles all my wireless devices in my home. Any special setup or settings I should be prepared to configure on the R3? I plan on disabling the wifi on the R3 and using my wireless AP as that is centrally located in my home. Thank you. 

Nothing specifically other than ensuring the upstream modem/router is setup to use the R3 in DMZ or modem/bridge mode

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Nothing specifically other than ensuring the upstream modem/router is setup to use the R3 in DMZ or modem/bridge mode

Well it's in AP mode, so there is no DMZ setting to enter on it. Should still be good? 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, mron0903 said:

Well it's in AP mode, so there is no DMZ setting to enter on it. Should still be good? 

That's fine though would indicate another router above that, is that right? If so would be best to have the AP behind the R3

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's fine though would indicate another router above that, is that right? If so would be best to have the AP behind the R3

I have my ISP modem LAN 1 to netduma WAN but in my kitchen i have another one router to cover all areas with wifi. I cant use ethernet cable from netduma to kitchen rooter but i have this choices in kitchen rooter:(router mode-reapeter mode-wisp mode-client mode-AP mode) what should i choose if i cant use ethernet cable from netduma to kitchen router?
Thank you!!

Hello!... so my Netduma R3 arrived today.. I really like the steady ping feature, but it seems like it's pushing up my usual avg ping in certain games - COD/FC 24 - (6-10ms) way higher now (c 30ms+) than it should do in certain cirumstances..

I live in London, and have already had really good ping, but when my partner watches Netflix on Apple TV it goes all over the place.. steady ping has helped. but as I say overall ping is much higher (almost negating the benefit)...

The router is great, but I think it is missing a REAAALLY important feature which I'm suprised is not included in a premium gaming router.. the ability to simply limit the download/upload of a specific device by a set number of MBs... 

I know QoS does this job to an extent, but it's still not stopping my Apple TV/Netflix etc from rinsing bandwidth while gaming.. so all that happens now with this new router, is my overall Ping is MUCH higher..

Yes, it's more steady... but I can't help but feel like if I could just limit my Apple TV bandwidth... I'd prevent spikes/packet bursts in bandwidth.. and I'd have lower ping overall.

Will you be adding a feature to limit bandwidth by device/IP address in future updates? I feel like it really needs it to be the best router on the market right now.. If you are.. what's the timeline?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Cobrinio said:

I have my ISP modem LAN 1 to netduma WAN but in my kitchen i have another one router to cover all areas with wifi. I cant use ethernet cable from netduma to kitchen rooter but i have this choices in kitchen rooter:(router mode-reapeter mode-wisp mode-client mode-AP mode) what should i choose if i cant use ethernet cable from netduma to kitchen router?
Thank you!!

You'd have to consult that routers manual to see which option will allow it to connect to a WiFi network rather than ethernet. 

7 hours ago, GRAAM said:

Hello!... so my Netduma R3 arrived today.. I really like the steady ping feature, but it seems like it's pushing up my usual avg ping in certain games - COD/FC 24 - (6-10ms) way higher now (c 30ms+) than it should do in certain cirumstances..

I live in London, and have already had really good ping, but when my partner watches Netflix on Apple TV it goes all over the place.. steady ping has helped. but as I say overall ping is much higher (almost negating the benefit)...

The router is great, but I think it is missing a REAAALLY important feature which I'm suprised is not included in a premium gaming router.. the ability to simply limit the download/upload of a specific device by a set number of MBs... 

I know QoS does this job to an extent, but it's still not stopping my Apple TV/Netflix etc from rinsing bandwidth while gaming.. so all that happens now with this new router, is my overall Ping is MUCH higher..

Yes, it's more steady... but I can't help but feel like if I could just limit my Apple TV bandwidth... I'd prevent spikes/packet bursts in bandwidth.. and I'd have lower ping overall.

Will you be adding a feature to limit bandwidth by device/IP address in future updates? I feel like it really needs it to be the best router on the market right now.. If you are.. what's the timeline?

Steady Ping increases your game ping to create a 'buffer' that absorbs any spikes/jitter from the game to give you one consistent ping throughout the entire game, creating a smoother experience overall as you don't feel the ping spikes. You can disable this by clicking Steady Ping at the top of the map or adjusting it's intensity.

You'll need to be using Congestion Control in that scenario - you can find that in Ping Optimizer > Advanced

There is that ability, you can do this from SmartBOOST > :r3menu in the top right > manage profiles > click on profile > click the top right icon in that area for bandwidth reservation.

You'll need to use Congestion Control

On 12/18/2023 at 8:17 AM, titofuenla said:

If you do a survey, I bet that more than 90% do not even have a 1Gb connection, which means much less than 2.5... and Nas and multimedia servers, the same, the vast majority of R3 users do not use it, which would increase costs.

Oh I'm sure you're correct. It would just be nice to have a future proofed device personally.

On 12/18/2023 at 8:53 AM, Fuzy said:

Hi ! 
If it's just to increase your local traffic speeds, just put a switch behind the R3. 

Personally I have an SFP+ switch and 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port connected between my PC and my NAS which allows me to do local network transfers at more than 500 MB/s on very large video files.

That is a viable solution but it would just be nice for an all in one solution. Maybe on the R4!

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes, so essentially... modem--> R3-->wifi AP... connected via Ethernet.