ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

• Administrators
4 hours ago, santa78 said:

It's really a shame that the latest model is inferior in terms of hardware to a model that's five years old.
I wanted to change the router to benefit from an up-to-date and stable DumaOS firmware, but it's impossible because I need this specific connectivity..

Netgear have many routers of varying specs and so they can do things like that no problem as they're a big company, for us, we've had the R1, R2 & now the R3 with it being a step up each time. You could do the above or have the 700 upstream. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Midvintersorg said:

Is it worth the upgrade from XR-500 to R3? :)  How close is the final version of Duma OS 3.3 on XR-500? Thanks for great support. 

I would say so. That will be the main version for the moment and we'll do some more fixes as well but no ETA

38 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

When will you go over what the anti jitter? Ping stabilisation does?

In the coming days/weeks before we start shipping. Keep an eye out on our YT channel as we'll post videos there, we've done two already on SmartBoost and a tour

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Netgear have many routers of varying specs and so they can do things like that no problem as they're a big company, for us, we've had the R1, R2 & now the R3 with it being a step up each time. You could do the above or have the 700 upstream. 

You know this is not a solution. The goal is to upgrade the router, not to keep the old one in parallel to compensate for the hardware shortcomings of the new one

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, santa78 said:

You know this is not a solution. The goal is to upgrade the router, not to keep the old one in parallel to compensate for the hardware shortcomings of the new one

We're NGs software partners, we don't create the routers just the software. I understand it's not what you're hoping for but in terms of our own router hardware it is a big improvement. You don't have to get the R3 but if you wanted to then the above is what you could do while still using the 700 for your SFP requirement. As much as we would like to be able to create huge spec routers it is very expensive to manufacture and for the customer to purchase, we're barely seeing 1Gbps speeds in the UK so it's not something we'd be able to test reliably either.

Few quick questions for ya teamduma....Is this routers throughput power good enough for gbs. Does it work with pppoe type connection. And what throughput can we expect when all the features it has are turned on.... example other routers with certain open firmwares may say because of hardware specs it can route 900mbs raw throughput but when you turn qos on or use a VPN ect. It can only do 300mbs effectively. Honest answer plz before I she'll out top money 😂😂 made that mistake before with the r2,xr500,xr1000. There all sat in my shed collecting spider webs now 😭

16 minutes ago, tduma said:

Few quick questions for ya teamduma....Is this routers throughput power good enough for gbs. Does it work with pppoe type connection. And what throughput can we expect when all the features it has are turned on.... example other routers with certain open firmwares may say because of hardware specs it can route 900mbs raw throughput but when you turn qos on or use a VPN ect. It can only do 300mbs effectively. Honest answer plz before I she'll out top money 😂😂 made that mistake before with the r2,xr500,xr1000. There all sat in my shed collecting spider webs now 😭

I had this issue with a tp link. Something to do with the slow cpu not handling everything and yes with qos on dropped half my speed was a joke. How companies get away with that is insane but homework seems to be the key these days as buisness is buisness and no body tells you the facts

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Glaucia said:

Nessa versão haverá opções Konami Efootball?

Não há jogos que precisem de opções específicas, mas você poderá selecionar o jogo para filtrar/priorizar

3 hours ago, tduma said:

Yes it will work with PPPoE though the speeds may be limited to around 300Mbps. We think we can improve on this but it won't be in time for the launch. If you use a VPN you'll be limited to whatever can be done through it, theoretically should be the max speed that the encryption protocol can do (we don't have a figure for that at the moment). Without all that and with QoS you should see near gigabit. 

2 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

Will the r3 be able to use Wireguard vpn?

Yes Wireguard can be used

On 12/1/2023 at 8:29 PM, IrishNomad said:

I would love to see a head to head review of the new R3 vs an equally powerful OpenWRT powered router with Cake QoS. Compare all features but focus on lag and ping reduction.

my Nano Pi r4s With everything activated cake vpn brands dscp manages 1 gb I don't know if the R3 will reach those speeds, although above it answered me that they are still correcting ppoe and IPv6 errors so I will wait and keep open wrt

On 12/1/2023 at 1:28 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've put a note on the order for you to ship with an EU power adapter

Did you need all customers to do this or will the shipping address give you a clue on what plug we will need? I will be having mine delivered and to be used in the UK. 

2 hours ago, pmg said:

I'm now wishing there was a proper access point mode for the R2 that would probably make me go for the r3 then.

Could then put the R2 to use , the idea of it just being a spare doesnt really appeal.

I agree!
I've supported Netduma since the early days of R1.
I've also got R2, would be great to have it as a Mesh net.

With Wireguard will you be adding vpn brands to the router ui. I had the asus with surfshark built in and it was brilliant as you didn't have to copy paste everything over and over.

And even if not will you please add the admin and password to actually stay on the page. So everytime I change locations I haven't got to copy paste admin copy paste password copy paste vpn?

Hello Netduma!!  So excited to get this. Upgrading from the R1 I haven’t used in a couple years. 
I preordered on 11/23 and got a receipt thru PayPal but did not get an order confirmation from Netduma. Can you confirm my order is being processed? 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, pmg said:

I'm now wishing there was a proper access point mode for the R2 that would probably make me go for the r3 then.

Could then put the R2 to use , the idea of it just being a spare doesnt really appeal.

2 hours ago, Sameer said:

I agree!
I've supported Netduma since the early days of R1.
I've also got R2, would be great to have it as a Mesh net.

We're actually looking at this for that very reason so the R2 can still have a use if you have an R3. No promises but it's on our radar!

2 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

With Wireguard will you be adding vpn brands to the router ui. I had the asus with surfshark built in and it was brilliant as you didn't have to copy paste everything over and over.

And even if not will you please add the admin and password to actually stay on the page. So everytime I change locations I haven't got to copy paste admin copy paste password copy paste vpn?

I'm not sure but I doubt it to be honest. The VPN feature has actually been completely redone/redesigned so it'll be a lot more stable this time around.

2 hours ago, Lennyhos said:

Hello Netduma!!  So excited to get this. Upgrading from the R1 I haven’t used in a couple years. 
I preordered on 11/23 and got a receipt thru PayPal but did not get an order confirmation from Netduma. Can you confirm my order is being processed? 

Confirmation email very likely went to spam, otherwise email us [email protected] and we can send you a screenshot of the order from the backend as your confirmation.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:40 AM, zzennnn123 said:

my Nano Pi r4s With everything activated cake vpn brands dscp manages 1 gb I don't know if the R3 will reach those speeds, although above it answered me that they are still correcting ppoe and IPv6 errors so I will wait and keep open wrt

This is one device I seriously considered because of it's price/performance ratio. I think a direct comparison of the ping and gaming performance between that and the R3 would be very interesting.