ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

18 minutes ago, KelboLive said:

Upgrading from my XR1000 as well, its been a royale pain as of late and im chalking it up to netgears incompitence. throwing rapp errors and all sorts of issues. Heres to hoping the r3 is a much smoother experience.

Yeah.....It hasnt been the best. Nothing I do to the setting really help lol 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Zennon said:

Long time no see :) question for you Fraser.
I would likely use my BT hub for PPPoE duties and turn off DHCP. It can handle 1000mb internet speeds I get.
What throughput would I be looking at getting on the R3. In testing what is the max?
Thanks in advance.

Hey, how you doing!

If the R3 is handling PPPoE probably around 300 but QoS will work with it. We think we can potentially push that higher so we'll be looking into it for a future update.

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, how you doing!

If the R3 is handling PPPoE probably around 300 but QoS will work with it. We think we can potentially push that higher so we'll be looking into it for a future update.

I wont need the QOS feature with having so much bandwidth (it used to be a god send for me though back in my low bandwidth days) So I will be the BTHH for PPPoE dutys DHCP off.
I am interested in the Steady Ping feature so I have ordered an R3 today. Just noticed it is a part of QoS.
I will just switch back to the HH if I need a 1gb dl 😅

Edit 2, If I turn off DHCP in the duma and connect the duma to my "Xbox only" then I would have the best of all worlds. My bandwidth never congests as is.
Worth a test anyhow.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Zennon said:

I wont need the QOS feature with having so much bandwidth (it used to be a god send for me though back in my low bandwidth days) So I will be the BTHH for PPPoE dutys DHCP off.
I am interested in the Steady Ping feature so I have ordered an R3 today. Just noticed it is a part of QoS.

Edit 2, If I turn off DHCP in the duma and connect the duma to my "Xbox only" then I would have the best of all worlds. My bandwidth never congests as is.
Worth a test anyhow.

Steady Ping is actually apart of the Geo-Filter so you could exclusively connect your console if you wish!

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Steady Ping is actually apart of the Geo-Filter so you could exclusively connect your console if you wish!

Nice one.
I had sent you a DM yesterday Fraser so when you see it it was the same question about throughput as I asked here and a congratulations to the team on what you have all achieved. 😃

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Zennon said:

Nice one.
I had sent you a DM yesterday Fraser so when you see it it was the same question about throughput as I asked here and a congratulations to the team on what you have all achieved. 😃

Thanks man, much appreciated, glad to have you back!

Just got hit up from DHL:

Further Details - DHL cannot move the shipment or attempt delivery due to a local issue or restrictions imposed by the regulatory authorities.
Next Steps - Shipment will be moved or delivered once the issue is resolved or the regulatory restrictions are lifted. Please continue to monitor the progress online.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

Just got hit up from DHL:

Further Details - DHL cannot move the shipment or attempt delivery due to a local issue or restrictions imposed by the regulatory authorities.
Next Steps - Shipment will be moved or delivered once the issue is resolved or the regulatory restrictions are lifted. Please continue to monitor the progress online.

Interesting, it'll likely resolve itself, they may be backed up a little but if not let us know if there is anything we can do

On 12/14/2023 at 11:02 PM, Killerelite06 said:

Ordered mine on the 25th and still no shipping confirmation. Would have liked a message saying something along the lines of now shipping orders from the 23to25 etc but I am still hopeful for shipping tomorrow

I finally got my shipping confirmation. Mine's on the 29. So I presume that yours is finally on the way to you already?
Happy to see they are doing their absolute best to get as many shipped out as quickly as possible the entire week. Much appreciated. But seeing that Friday is coming to an end in the UK, am hoping that it will get shipped as opposed to just getting a confirmation. The weekend delay sitting at the warehouse as opposed to being in transit is going to delay my shipment even further. Oh well.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, it'll likely resolve itself, they may be backed up a little but if not let us know if there is anything we can do

Mine got put on hold too. I think it is weather related though. 

Further Detail
Due to adverse weather conditions, the shipment could not be processed.
Next Step
The shipment will be reallocated to the next movement or courier for delivery once the weather conditions improve. Please continue to monitor the progress online.

I'm in the US is there any weather conditions going on currently that I am not aware of .  

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I suspect yours was definitely shipped:

Now isnt that a pretty sight! :D Looks like Santas sleigh being loaded!

I heard those that get theres have been nice! And those that dont have been naughty.. Something to think about! Ha ha jk jk Happy Holidays everyone! :D 

Enjoy your new R3s!

Zippy.

5 hours ago, Zennon said:

Worth a test anyhow.

Zennon, You will enjoy the Steady Ping feature! Its a brilliant feature that works! You can tell the difference.. Even if you dont use QoS the feature does a good job..

All the best!

Zippy.

26 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Zennon, You will enjoy the Steady Ping feature! Its a brilliant feature that works! You can tell the difference.. Even if you dont use QoS the feature does a good job..

All the best!

Zippy.

Thats great to hear Zippy. I remember Iain posting about wanting to make this way back in the R1 days.
Its great that it is now a thing 😀

16 minutes ago, Zennon said:

Thats great to hear Zippy. I remember Iain posting about wanting to make this way back in the R1 days.
Its great that it is now a thing 😀

@Zennon Great to see you mate, @Zippy is right, Steady Ping makes a very noticeable differance

On 12/13/2023 at 7:08 PM, DE ALB said:

Me and a friend also pre-ordered and haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. What about Germany :S? 
Congratulations to everyone who already has it 👏

Well my R3 is in Zwickau. 

today i have a email it delivery to me. 
i look on tracking. 
a guy from dhl in zwickau have my r3. 
Zwickau is 1h by car away. 
i want call dhl. No one work

Thanks to Netduma for DHL Express. 
Fast from UK to Germany. 🙂

Update: I called DHL. Look for the package next week.

11 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

@Zennon Great to see you mate, @Zippy is right, Steady Ping makes a very noticeable differance

Hi mate, I'm still addicted to gaming like us all 😅
I have been waiting for steady ping since I heard about it years ago, happy days.

15 hours ago, Zippy said:

All the best!

Zippy.

I'm still waiting on the video for this feature what exactly is it doing?

5 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

I'm still waiting on the video for this feature what exactly is it doing?

Add a ping buffer to reduce lag spikes and improve gameplay. While your ping will slightly increase, your game will feel more reliable and responsive.

14 hours ago, Fairypusher said:

Well my R3 is in Zwickau. 
F……… DHL

today i have a email it delivery to me. 
i look on tracking. 
a guy from dhl in zwickau have my r3. 
Zwickau is 1h by car away. 
i want call dhl. No one work

Thanks to Netduma for DHL Express. 
Fast from UK to Germany. 🙂

I used to think dhl was good but ever since working for them and taking them to a tribunal...... even internally speaking to anyone with authority is impossible. I genuinely raised a case for hours pay they owed me over 1 thousand pounds and even the case management team had issues with them to a point they said if you don't pay what is owed they would take it further themselves.... since then I absolutely hate dhl with a passion.

I've paid £10 for there delivery service that got shipped yesterday from Cambridge taking it to a distribution centre in London to come back up to dunmow....

They could have left the package at Cambridge distribution centre and delivered it from there. 

Not only that but for £10 postage that states next day delivery them not working Saturday or Sunday is laughable. I think evri and dpd are doing a much better job these days at least evri in my area is

4 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Add a ping buffer to reduce lag spikes and improve gameplay. While your ping will slightly increase, your game will feel more reliable and responsive.

Hmmm sorry to be a noob how exactly are they doing that and how would it feel more responsive. Surly that's another process slowing it down? Would this still work for someone gaming on a gig down. I connect exclusive to uk servers and I'm on 4ms to 6ms

Also is this more for wireless gaming lag spikes?

Sorry for your delivery inconveniences...shit happens...

“Steady ping” creates a buffer on the ping of the server you are playing on, precisely to avoid spikes and to keep the gameplay fluid.

It does not interact with your wifi signal, but on the ping of the game server.

You can deactivate it of course.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, l2eactionz said:

Hmmm sorry to be a noob how exactly are they doing that and how would it feel more responsive. Surly that's another process slowing it down? Would this still work for someone gaming on a gig down. I connect exclusive to uk servers and I'm on 4ms to 6ms

Also is this more for wireless gaming lag spikes?

As above, so for example, say you connect to a server you have 10ms ping to, you can enable Steady Ping that will apply by default around an 8ms buffer. Effectively giving you 18ms ping. Any jitter/spikes you would have gotten on that 10ms ping will be absorbed by the buffer, so where as previously you would have had a 10ms ping that spikes up and is inconsistent you instead get a smooth 18ms ping throughout your entire match that never changes.

You can increase this buffer or disable it entirely. 

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As above, so for example, say you connect to a server you have 10ms ping to, you can enable Steady Ping that will apply by default around an 8ms buffer. Effectively giving you 18ms ping. Any jitter/spikes you would have gotten on that 10ms ping will be absorbed by the buffer, so where as previously you would have had a 10ms ping that spikes up and is inconsistent you instead get a smooth 18ms ping throughout your entire match that never changes.

You can increase this buffer or disable it entirely. 

Hmmmmm so maybe if lag compensation is also real I'm sure it is in some ways. Could this be tricking the server to give lag comp on a local server. Say uk is 5ms ping but if I add 20ms ping buffer I'd be on 25 this will be interesting to test thank you