ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

1 hour ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

I told this dude all of this and he told me tock kick rocks, guess when someone else backs it up, he listens lol. 

Perhaps you weren't aware of your snobbery shining through your posts. His has none of it. It was purely informative. Not to mention, he explains it well without resorting to belittling others who has different expectations than you. Wanting a sub 20ms ping = laughable? We've been having the mindset that Ping is King for years and then suddenly, there's the new idea that stability is what we should be aiming for at the expense of higher latency. Of course it takes time for others to grasp that. I'm not going to take such info at face value. I'm going to give it time to cook and see for myself.

8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 are literally my primary and secondary DNSes too as what you'd also recommend. So yup.

As for why I need the boot-up time to be faster, I have a lot of Home Automation devices. They will start acting crazy and not be responsive if there has been a long enough delay without any internet. Simply restarting the modem, router and APs is not going to cut it. It will still act crazy. I'll have to physically go all around the house and manually turn off all of the Home Automation devices and then restart the router and APs first before turning on the Home Automation devices. Thus why, I love how fast my modem and R2 starts up. Both are up and running in under 20s. And because Ethernet gets the internet 1st in those 20 seconds, the APs are already there to make sure the Home Automation devices did not experience any internet downtime in those few short seconds.
The reason why I have to keep rebooting the R2 every week or so is because of the random internet disconnects (not WiFi) causing problems for not just my Home Automation but also me and my family's phones where the only way to make sure the internet on the apps will load is by turning the WiFi off and on again. Hope that explains why I am particular about the boot time and the annoyance especially when you have this many Home Automation devices which are as finicky as they are.
Like how even Alexa will randomly still be in listening mode when you've finished speaking to her and she's stuck there with the circle processing for quite a long time and then turning off like as if no one spoke. And you'll have to repeat again and then she'll suddenly execute the command twice in the process. Notice that that is an issue with the R2. Similarly with the XR500. Suspect it to be a DHCP issue. And yes, I've even allocated manual IP addresses to them. But hope this addresses my concern on the extremely slow boot-up time. PS, I've also suddenly randomly lost internet and my access to the R3. Even though the R3 was still up and running. Not just my wired desktop, but my other devices lost internet too. Resulting in me having to reboot the router. So that's another reason why I would need to reboot the R3 once in a while too.

In the meantime, when I'm not gaming, which is what I mostly do since I don't have ample time to game anymore, I aim to make full use of my internet speed that I paid for. So is it wrong for me to not want my full bandwidth and low latency that my ISP offers?

Again, if I wanted to jump on the hate bandwagon, the answer is simple. Don't buy and support the product. It's that simple. I've dropped COD for years for that very reason. The lag compensation being one of factors turning me off to it. Overwatch on the other hand feels a lot more responsive at low ping. Playing on servers outside my country, 60ms or more, I can easily experience lag. Thus my desire to keep it low since the servers are literally a few km away. But again, the ability to take advantage of lag compensation can also be great. Thus, I see the benefits to having a router that has this feature that can be used in years to come even if I can't take full advantage of it now.

As for the hate bandwagon again, if I really wanted to bash it, I wouldn't have bought the R1, XR500, R2 and now the R3. I've been happy with the R2 despite there being a few issues. But I didn't bring it up for months as I'm overall, really satisfied with it. I noticed a few problems with the R3, some, were slightly worst than the R2 and thus, I wanted to bring any and all issues that I noticed in the hopes that there can be improvements made or fixes for it. It's as simple as that. There's no hate here. Just wanting my favourite product to be better. But then again, you started not acknowledging my issues and saying that they don't matter. How would that feel to someone?
If I'm wrong educate me. Don't belittle me in the process.

Well, first of all, say that it is not necessary to lose your temper and start attacking each other. @TG3NOC1D3 @AsNCo

@AsNCo As I said, if you answer a couple of questions, maybe I can give you a temporary solution.
What are the speeds you have entered in the R3?
How are R3 connected to the ISP router? Pppoe, Vlan, DHCP...?
Depending on your answers I will be able to give you that temporary solution, if you are really interested in solving it...

24 minutes ago, titofuenla said:

Well, first of all, say that it is not necessary to lose your temper and start attacking each other. @TG3NOC1D3 @AsNCo

@AsNCo As I said, if you answer a couple of questions, maybe I can give you a temporary solution.
What are the speeds you have entered in the R3?
How are R3 connected to the ISP router? Pppoe, Vlan, DHCP...?
Depending on your answers I will be able to give you that temporary solution, if you are really interested in solving it...

Many thanks for your assistance.
Mine is a 1Gbps plan for both up and down. Real speeds are around 900+/-Mbps.
I've just input it as 1000 for both up and down for simplicity sake in the congestion control percentage scaling. eg. 75% means roughly 750Mbps is what I mean by simplicity.

Connection to the small little raspberry pi-looking ISP modem is via DHCP.

24 minutes ago, AsNCo said:

Connection to the small little raspberry pi-looking ISP modem is via DHCP.

Thanks to this small information it is clear that it happens both in DHCP and in Vlan, which is my case. I only wanted to know this information to rule it out, since it started to happen to me after using Vlan, but before in DHCP it never happened to me, now I know it's something general. Any information is always good...

24 minutes ago, AsNCo said:

Many thanks for your assistance.
Mine is a 1Gbps plan for both up and down. Real speeds are around 900+/-Mbps.
I've just input it as 1000 for both up and down for simplicity sake in the congestion control percentage scaling. eg. 75% means roughly 750Mbps is what I mean by simplicity.

In my case I also have 1Gb symmetrical. For me, what has worked is to enter less upload speed in R3 and the bar at 50%, I decreased from 100 to 100 until I found the speed that worked, in my case 600 Mbps, with that the bloat buffer is again stable, you lose a lot of loading speed since you will have about 300 Mbps left but this way you will see that it stabilizes. At the moment it is the only option I can offer you that I have found. For some reason right now the R3 is not capable of stabilizing such a high speed for charging, although I am sure it will since in the beta period I achieved better results and there was never this problem.

Greetings and peace!! it's christmas!! Merry Christmas guys!!

9 hours ago, AsNCo said:

Perhaps you weren't aware of your snobbery shining through your posts. His has none of it. It was purely informative. Not to mention, he explains it well without resorting to belittling others who has different expectations than you. Wanting a sub 20ms ping = laughable? We've been having the mindset that Ping is King for years and then suddenly, there's the new idea that stability is what we should be aiming for at the expense of higher latency. Of course it takes time for others to grasp that. I'm not going to take such info at face value. I'm going to give it time to cook and see for myself.

8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 are literally my primary and secondary DNSes too as what you'd also recommend. So yup.

As for why I need the boot-up time to be faster, I have a lot of Home Automation devices. They will start acting crazy and not be responsive if there has been a long enough delay without any internet. Simply restarting the modem, router and APs is not going to cut it. It will still act crazy. I'll have to physically go all around the house and manually turn off all of the Home Automation devices and then restart the router and APs first before turning on the Home Automation devices. Thus why, I love how fast my modem and R2 starts up. Both are up and running in under 20s. And because Ethernet gets the internet 1st in those 20 seconds, the APs are already there to make sure the Home Automation devices did not experience any internet downtime in those few short seconds.
The reason why I have to keep rebooting the R2 every week or so is because of the random internet disconnects (not WiFi) causing problems for not just my Home Automation but also me and my family's phones where the only way to make sure the internet on the apps will load is by turning the WiFi off and on again. Hope that explains why I am particular about the boot time and the annoyance especially when you have this many Home Automation devices which are as finicky as they are.
Like how even Alexa will randomly still be in listening mode when you've finished speaking to her and she's stuck there with the circle processing for quite a long time and then turning off like as if no one spoke. And you'll have to repeat again and then she'll suddenly execute the command twice in the process. Notice that that is an issue with the R2. Similarly with the XR500. Suspect it to be a DHCP issue. And yes, I've even allocated manual IP addresses to them. But hope this addresses my concern on the extremely slow boot-up time. PS, I've also suddenly randomly lost internet and my access to the R3. Even though the R3 was still up and running. Not just my wired desktop, but my other devices lost internet too. Resulting in me having to reboot the router. So that's another reason why I would need to reboot the R3 once in a while too.

In the meantime, when I'm not gaming, which is what I mostly do since I don't have ample time to game anymore, I aim to make full use of my internet speed that I paid for. So is it wrong for me to not want my full bandwidth and low latency that my ISP offers?

Again, if I wanted to jump on the hate bandwagon, the answer is simple. Don't buy and support the product. It's that simple. I've dropped COD for years for that very reason. The lag compensation being one of factors turning me off to it. Overwatch on the other hand feels a lot more responsive at low ping. Playing on servers outside my country, 60ms or more, I can easily experience lag. Thus my desire to keep it low since the servers are literally a few km away. But again, the ability to take advantage of lag compensation can also be great. Thus, I see the benefits to having a router that has this feature that can be used in years to come even if I can't take full advantage of it now.

As for the hate bandwagon again, if I really wanted to bash it, I wouldn't have bought the R1, XR500, R2 and now the R3. I've been happy with the R2 despite there being a few issues. But I didn't bring it up for months as I'm overall, really satisfied with it. I noticed a few problems with the R3, some, were slightly worst than the R2 and thus, I wanted to bring any and all issues that I noticed in the hopes that there can be improvements made or fixes for it. It's as simple as that. There's no hate here. Just wanting my favourite product to be better. But then again, you started not acknowledging my issues and saying that they don't matter. How would that feel to someone?
If I'm wrong educate me. Don't belittle me in the process.

I didn't get snobby until after you became condescending. I originally tried to make s point that YOU were being snobby about boot up time when it is literally not that long. Your expectation of "I want an instant boot up!" Isn't realistic and makes you look like a giant butthole and a whiny brat. I also never told you to use those dns servers permanently, just for testing with pingplotter, which I can gladly go back and quote. I was never belittling you in my original responses, simply stating that you need to work thr process and explaining how some games super low ping /= great. Here is some free advice though without belittling. Telling the developers in a condescending way that the completely normal boot up time isn't acceptable and insinuating they released a  inferior product, I wouldn't want to help you right away either. Especially over Christmas for that matter, so humble yourself. Merry Christmas eve, I'm done having this back and forth. 

Ps: you should look into localizing a controller for your Automation if they need the internet so badly to keep from flipping out. 

6 hours ago, JustinW said:

Hello

Do I need to disable smart boost and any other features to gets my full speeds when downloading an update for a game? Thank you.

@JustinW Can you post your support question here. It will facilitate your issue being addressed straight away.  Thanks.

https://forum.netduma.com/forum/148-netduma-r3-support/

1 hour ago, PharmDawgg said:

@JustinW Can you post your support question here. It will facilitate your issue being addressed straight away.  Thanks.

https://forum.netduma.com/forum/148-netduma-r3-support/

Thanks for the response. Sorry I wasn’t more specific, I don’t have the R3 yet was just a curiosity question if it would recognize when downloading a game/update on console that I would get full speed or if I would have to toggle off settings. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, JustinW said:

Thanks for the response. Sorry I wasn’t more specific, I don’t have the R3 yet was just a curiosity question if it would recognize when downloading a game/update on console that I would get full speed or if I would have to toggle off settings. Thanks.

I haven’t had any issues with Smart Boost. So I leave it active when I have had to update games or even updates for my console/pc. It may not bed downloading at 100% but it goes quick enough to not cause me any inconveniences. Since everyone setup is different maybe some others can speak on their set up as well. Sorry for the misinterpretation on your previous post. 👍🏽

7 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

I didn't get snobby until after you became condescending. I originally tried to make s point that YOU were being snobby about boot up time when it is literally not that long. Your expectation of "I want an instant boot up!" Isn't realistic and makes you look like a giant butthole and a whiny brat. I also never told you to use those dns servers permanently, just for testing with pingplotter, which I can gladly go back and quote. I was never belittling you in my original responses, simply stating that you need to work thr process and explaining how some games super low ping /= great. Here is some free advice though without belittling. Telling the developers in a condescending way that the completely normal boot up time isn't acceptable and insinuating they released a  inferior product, I wouldn't want to help you right away either. Especially over Christmas for that matter, so humble yourself. Merry Christmas eve, I'm done having this back and forth. 

Ps: you should look into localizing a controller for your Automation if they need the internet so badly to keep from flipping out. 

Instant bootup isn't realistic? Then the R2, the Asus AX11000 is clearly in your imagination. Or is it because it doesn't suit your narrative? I was talking in a nice way, 'if it's possible, that would be nice'. How is that snobby? It was your first reply to me that set the tone. Goodness. You clearly love to insult others for their preference/priorities for no reason but can't accept when others have something to say about your childish tone and behaviour. Grow up. I'm too old to entertain a snobby little know-it-all who thinks he's better than everyone and therefore deserves to criticise others for their priorities. There are many people with differing focus in life. Just because it doesn't align with yours, doesn't mean you have the right to insult others for it. 

PS. Agree with you on that. Waiting for the companies to come out with their matter hubs for to support their old devices.