ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll be signed up to both don't worry!

1 hour ago, Killerelite06 said:

Received a email after signing up for the R1 beta but not for the Xr500

Meanwhile:

tenor.gif

I haven't received any email after registration

• Administrators

Testers haven't yet been selected, if you've signed up and haven't a reply don't worry. 

4 minutes ago, Numo36 said:

Where is my beta I didn’t get the email

When will I get the beta?

When making a major software update like 3.0, it's normal for things to not be perfect at the start. So as much as we would love each and every one of you to get your hands on 3.0 right now, it would be risky for us to do it in one go.

Instead we will be phasing the roll-out, starting off with a small number of testers. Once things are looking good, we will add some more, then more, gradually increasing until everyone who has signed up has received the upgrade.

When we are ready for you to join the beta you will get an email into your inbox with instructions on how to join. Please be patient - we will email you when we are ready.

2 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

So why do some people have it? Been speaking to guys saying they have it and to just be patient and wait... This launch is just a massive confused mess. Keeping everyone in the dark is a bit crap especially the ones who have been loyal to this brand. 

I think they are on a windup possibly, often these types of updates create issues and well people like to take the opportunity to troll.

I think it would have been easier if the update had been rolled out completely. So stored in the system and then made the decision in update mode to test it or not. If YES, you would have registered and received the update. Especially since it was unclear to me until yesterday that it is a BETA. I was really looking forward to a new version. Now I have to wait and assume that I will get it garned (here in Germany). Probably only when the beta phase is over. but when that will be is very unclear. at least I don't see through it.

good that they gave everyone equal chances to participate, I was a bit disappointed I thought that June 2 will be the start date, but I wait so long that I will wait for a while, I am waiting impatiently, and thanks to Netdum's guys, great work, I had to replace xr500 for asus, but I saw these functions and it looks really great

after 5 years i'm very tired of all this ...  this is a very summarized version of my personal experience with this Company.  

in late 2015 i got the R1 which served the purpose on ADSL connection and somewhat controlled few aspects of my gaming, years went by as NetDuma empty promises over and over and Over. Yet technology improved so internet for most part as ISP had at least here in Europe comply with whatever was going on around them so connections got a lot better so wifi-routers (Netduma functionalities becomes obsolete) ... Now one day we've been informed of a partnership with Netgear which sure has some good hardware but never ever had good service nor maintenance (Software is obnoxious) on wifi-routers so to me all this sounded kinda of fishy ... but nevertheless said hey maybe they have a chance to redeem themselves, so for NetDuma which that point filled us with empty and painful waiting and a promised land that never came (the infamous new Beta version ...  Anyone remembers).... Still on faith i tried extensively the xr500 and then the xr700 which both have great hardware potential but neither have demonstrated software wise any of that ... not going to sit here and list all the problems that both have cuz frankly is embarrassing especially on security side (not Netduma fault for most part .. i know) Still updates are nonexistent as Netgear customer service  ... So gave away both routers to the shop and got an Asus RT-AX88U installed merlin and finally forgot it all about it ... back to the real world ...  Now this PR stunt all over again in spite of all that had already happened.. once again Netgear get it first then maybe the outdated R1 and all comes down to a Beta which gives at first look of what ? Really !!! Geo fencing and few other things justify all this waiting all over again ?  and you guys already working on 3.1 ... seriously... come on guys... You cannot even get a 3.0 Beta out properly and to you say we already working on 3.1.. hellooo... is this for Real !!!  Not to mention all the PR from Netgear when you buy the router which none ever happened, but hey we promised you something so wait for it ...  I don't know why i even wrote this post, maybe got really frustrated by this complete non sense (False Marketing and PR) or just maybe had to get it all out once and for all ... and put my R1 in his original box full of promises and wait to become what should already been ... Still Just my humble opinion on Company that has a very Unique idea/way on how to treat loyal or new customers ... 

So long 

Has the first wave of beta 3.0 emails already been sent? If not then when emails will be sent, if so when will the second wave of emails be sent? I got bored of browsing my email every hour.

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, Ruxomar said:

after 5 years i'm very tired of all this ...  this is a very summarized version of my personal experience with this Company.  

in late 2015 i got the R1 which served the purpose on ADSL connection and somewhat controlled few aspects of my gaming, years went by as NetDuma empty promises over and over and Over. Yet technology improved so internet for most part as ISP had at least here in Europe comply with whatever was going on around them so connections got a lot better so wifi-routers (Netduma functionalities becomes obsolete) ... Now one day we've been informed of a partnership with Netgear which sure has some good hardware but never ever had good service nor maintenance (Software is obnoxious) on wifi-routers so to me all this sounded kinda of fishy ... but nevertheless said hey maybe they have a chance to redeem themselves, so for NetDuma which that point filled us with empty and painful waiting and a promised land that never came (the infamous new Beta version ...  Anyone remembers).... Still on faith i tried extensively the xr500 and then the xr700 which both have great hardware potential but neither have demonstrated software wise any of that ... not going to sit here and list all the problems that both have cuz frankly is embarrassing especially on security side (not Netduma fault for most part .. i know) Still updates are nonexistent as Netgear customer service  ... So gave away both routers to the shop and got an Asus RT-AX88U installed merlin and finally forgot it all about it ... back to the real world ...  Now this PR stunt all over again in spite of all that had already happened.. once again Netgear get it first then maybe the outdated R1 and all comes down to a Beta which gives at first look of what ? Really !!! Geo fencing and few other things justify all this waiting all over again ?  and you guys already working on 3.1 ... seriously... come on guys... You cannot even get a 3.0 Beta out properly and to you say we already working on 3.1.. hellooo... is this for Real !!!  Not to mention all the PR from Netgear when you buy the router which none ever happened, but hey we promised you something so wait for it ...  I don't know why i even wrote this post, maybe got really frustrated by this complete non sense (False Marketing and PR) or just maybe had to get it all out once and for all ... and put my R1 in his original box full of promises and wait to become what should already been ... Still Just my humble opinion on Company that has a very Unique idea/way on how to treat loyal or new customers ... 

So long 

One thing, if there was a big security hole in the XR500 Netgear would have issued a hotfix like they did with the XR700, do dont take out that on Netgear, security is up to date as of 3 June 2020. Also Netgear can't put out Netduma 3.0 if Netgear don't have it can they? Updates for DumaOS come from Netduma, how would Netgear add Netduma updates if there were none to add?  As to the R1 you are lucky Netduma still support it tbh so really what's the point of getting so upset over a lump of plastic and metal, be grateful its coming to the R1 and anyway its a beta so its not like everyone is going to get it at once. You choose to ditch the XR500 and XR700 so no point in getting upset after the fact. Maybe you should have kept one and waited? As far as software being bad, all router makers have good and and bad points, basically its not worth getting upset over.