ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

40 minutes ago, michaeljfig said:

Like you are bashing me?

Get off your high horse and abuse someone else. I was just saying this is long overdue. We paid for a half built product. Lots of problems with stable releases.

I'm not bashing you at all.. I was just trying to help you better understand why they're going about it the way they are. Now you taking shit personal, and honestly, your first post was a bit rude imho. You started off saying "how they should go about releasing their beta". Because of how long it has taken. Trust me plenty of people want the upgrade, but from what I have seen... netduma guys have never promised a timeline for the next release.

As for telling me to get off my high horse? Listen up, I have been around since these guys started up the netduma company. I was one of the first ones to buy their R1 router. I now own the XR500 router. You don't see me starting off one of my post hinting at how they should release their beta to everyone. Your post come off as someone who feels entitled. So maybe take a step back, and read your other post? As for the first sentence in my last post to you, that wasn't me downing you at all. It was me simply saying, it sounds good, and easy to do. But things are a lot more detailed, and there's a good reason, to not just let everyone who want's to test the beta build, use it at the start.

Overall even the current message I'm replying to, you sound like you're "owed" to have it already. Which that's not the case. As for current bugs for XR routers. Ultimately that's an issue to be taken up with netgear, not netduma. Unless it's a direct feature of their's on the router. Stuff like UPNP, and etc not working as it should. That's stuff netgear needs to address. I want to be clear, this is me talking about the XR routers. Now for the R1 router, any problem you're having, it's on the netduma guys to try to resolve in a timely manner.

Finally I have been apart of the forums here for a long time.. I can't remember one time ever, I was mean to another user on here. I haven't always been active in the forums. But I do visit from time to time. So I honestly don't see how you took my last post, and made it off as if I was being rude/mean to you. It was honestly me trying to help you understand their reasoning for doing things the way they are. Also your first post you mentioned you wasn't even using their router currently, mentioned another router, and said it had been running good for you. Which I'm happy for you, overall no need to push it, if your current setup is working well for you. The beta will be available soon, and I'm sure you will be able to test it soon as well. We're so close to being able to test some of the new features, no need to get impatient now.

14 minutes ago, lilstone87 said:

I'm not bashing you at all.. I was just trying to help you better understand why they're going about it the way they are. Now you taking shit personal, and honestly, your first post was a bit rude imho. You started off saying "how they should go about releasing their beta". Because of how long it has taken. Trust me plenty of people want the upgrade, but from what I have seen... netduma guys have never promised a timeline for the next release.

As for telling me to get off my high horse? Listen up, I have been around since these guys started up the netduma company. I was one of the first ones to buy their R1 router. I now own the XR500 router. You don't see me starting off one of my post hinting at how they should release their beta to everyone. Your post come off as someone who feels entitled. So maybe take a step back, and read your other post? As for the first sentence in my last post to you, that wasn't me downing you at all. It was me simply saying, it sounds good, and easy to do. But things are a lot more detailed, and there's a good reason, to not just let everyone who want's to test the beta build, use it at the start.

Overall even the current message I'm replying to, you sound like you're "owed" to have it already. Which that's not the case. As for current bugs for XR routers. Ultimately that's an issue to be taken up with netgear, not netduma. Unless it's a direct feature of their's on the router. Stuff like UPNP, and etc not working as it should. That's stuff netgear needs to address.

Finally I have been apart of the forums here for a long time.. I can't remember one time ever, I was mean to another user on here. I haven't always been active in the forums. But I do visit from time to time. So I honestly don't see how you took my last post, and made it off as if I was being rude/mean to you. It was honestly me trying to help you understand their reasoning for doing things the way they are. Also your first post you mentioned you wasn't even using their router currently, mentioned another router, and said it had been running good for you. Which I'm happy for you, overall no need to push it, if your current setup is working well for you. The beta will be available soon, and I'm sure you will be able to test it soon as well. We're so close to being able to test some of the new features, no need to get impatient now.

What is wrong with releasing it to the one's that are willing to take part instead of just "certain people"?

They did it in the past. I'm not bashing them, I was just saying it would be cool. Anyways okay, cool.

Like I said originally, I'm not even using the XR500 currently because as it is currently it's unstable. I prefer no Netgear routers at all. I'm just hoping they will get it running smoothly again.

ASUS blows away Netgear currently. No disconnects, no random reboots. I have XR500 and the new NG's wifi 6 in closet. I'm just hoping and crossing fingers for a good firmware update.

I'm done, not gonna keep going on and on about this.

Have a good day.

34 minutes ago, michaeljfig said:

What is wrong with releasing it to the one's that are willing to take part instead of just "certain people"?

Honestly I can't answer this question for them. But I tried to help you understand the likely reason they're going about it the way they are. Beta's are tricky overall. It's honestly them trying to get updates out faster, however beta's lack proper testing. With that, you have to understand not every company is gonna be open to pushing a beta build out to anyone who wants to test it. As they can be very problematic, and could need to be pulled from people being able to download, and use, quickly after release.

In the case of the XR routers, ultimately "netgear" makes the decisions on when, and how they release beta builds. To be honest with you, I don't recall Netgear releasing beta builds for the public to download, and try. I have actually beta tested a router of theirs a few years back, and that's the only time I have gotten beta build's from them. I purchased the XR500 soon after it released, and I tried to see if I could get included to beta test build's for it. I had no luck at all, and that included me reaching out to my contact, who supplied me beta build's for the router I beta tested for them in the past. He reached out to someone, but nothing ever came of it.

Overall I feel I'm being very open with you about things. I never felt I tried to attack you with what I said, I just tried to help you understand how they're going about releasing the beta. I do want to say, if/when netgear does start sending out this beta to people who signed up here. It will be the first time I have seen them go about releasing a beta like this. Which is a good thing, and hopefully a good sign moving forward. Because from what I have seen in the past, they have only given out beta build's, to people who they have sent beta routers to. Which is a very small number of people. As I mentioned above from my personal experience with netgear.

Finally I'm not here to drive this thread off the rails.. I'm sure most of us will have our hands on the beta build soon enough.

Just now, lilstone87 said:

Honestly I can't answer this question for them. But I tried to help you understand the likely reason they're going about it the way they are. Beta's are tricky overall. It's honestly them trying to get updates out faster, however beta's lack proper testing. With that, you have to understand not every company is gonna be open to pushing a beta build out to anyone who wants to test it. As they can be very problematic, and could need to be pulled from people being able to download, and use.

In the case of the XR routers, ultimately "netgear" makes the decisions on when, and how they release beta builds. To be honest with you, I don't recall Netgear releasing beta builds for the public to download, and try. I have actually beta tested a router of theirs a few years back, and that's the only time I have gotten beta build's from them. I purchased the XR500 soon after it released, and I tried to see if I could get included to beta test build's for it. I had no luck at all, and that included me reaching out to my contact, who supplied me beta build's for the router I beta tested for them in the past. He reach out to someone, but nothing ever came of it.

Overall I feel I'm being very open with you about things. I never felt I tried to attack you with what I said, I just tried to help you understand how they're going about releasing the beta. I do want to say, if/when netgear does start sending out this beta to people who signed up here. It will be the first time I have seen them go about releasing a beta like this. Which is a good thing, and hopefully a good sign moving forward. Because from what I have seen in the past, they have only given out beta build's, to people who they have sent beta routers to. Which is a very small number of people. As I mentioned above from my personal experience with netgear.

Finally I'm not here to drive this thread off the rails.. I'm sure most of us will have our hands on the beta build soon enough.

Yeah, well sorry man. I guess I took it the wrong way.

@lilstone87 to explain my feelings to you from my last post is total frustration, I understand and appreciate what you are trying to do ... I really do man ... Yet faith got lost as sand into the wind and if wasn't for loyal customers that somehow still here like me with hope that the last debacle with the other infamous "Beta" was just a Dantesque infernal and perverted bad dream to wake up from, and see after more than a year something to say damn I was really just having a bad dream... But yet here we are again with the same configuration of last time which if u ask me scares the living hell out of me (yes I want the damn new firmware and be proud) ... All I am saying come on guys surprise us ... Don't let the Community waiting months over months again ... That being said big thanks to Fraser and Alex for their impeccable service.  Sorry again for long post but had clear few things out from last rant... and thanks lilstone87 again for trying to untangle the frustration ....

11 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

Has anyone received the link for the beta on XR models??

There hasn't been any word on release for it yet.. except netduma guys saying very soon. However that might be for the R1, and not the XR models. As Netgear controls the release for that. Also with the beta being a limited release at first, they may ask people testing it, to stay quiet about it, in public forums, and such. I could be wrong on this, but I just feel they might do that. As not everyone will get access to it, at the start.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Links haven't been sent out to the first wave yet but they will be very soon.

This information  is also for XR models or only for R1??

On 6/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Both :)

Having issues with max cpu usage of  80-90% withe the R1.. just got a xr450 in the mail because of high  cpu usage on the R1 because of alot of devices connected all at once.

Question is the R1 software the same as the xr450 ?? can i use that software if i was sent it today to upgrade the xr4500 or do i have to register my new xr router and get a different software for that, other than the R1 that i'm signed up to receive already for 3.0??

So you guys are already working on 3.1 i just hope if you stick a price tag on the other features #5,#6,#7,#8,#9 and so on it's not too expensive lol..

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

Having issues with max cpu usage of  80-90% withe the R1.. just got a xr4500 in the mail because of high  cpu usage on the R1 because of alot of devices connected all at once.

Question is the R1 software the same as the xr4500 ?? can i use that software if i was sent it today to upgrade the xr4500 or do i have to register my new xr router and get a different software for that, other than the R1 that i'm signed up to receive already for 3.0??

So you guys are already working on 3.1 i just hope if you stick a price tag on the other features #5,#6,#7,#8,#9 and so on it's not too expensive lol..

No you wouldn't be able to use the same firmware for both so please don't attempt it otherwise (if the router accepted it in the first place) it would probably be bricked. Definitely sign up for the XR beta once you have the router in hand. 

I think I messed up when signing up for the beta and gave my Netduma username instead of my Netgear forums username. I’ve sent out a couple of DMs to mods about it, but haven’t heard anything back. It was my fault, I got excited when I saw the beta signup, and have no way to check it I entered the wrong name or not. It was a really dumb mistake. 

Appreciate the continued goal and amazing efforts to innovate and upgrade DUMA OS. 

I definitely appreciate all you do!

Router(s) Owned

Netduma R1

Just signed up for DUMA OS 3.0! 

Sincerely Joey S.

[+]

Edited by Netduma Alex
Moved text out of quote box

4 hours ago, scrubosaurus said:

is there anyway to know if we are getting beta 3.0? its in the forum? email only?

You'll be notified by email when you've been given access. The beta for the XR500 will be conducted through Netgear's forums. The R1 beta will be conducted here on the Netduma forums.

Just wanted to update everyone who have XR routers, and signed up for the beta. Netgear posted a little while ago, they have selected the first round of testers, and sent email's to them. So if you didn't get a email today, you will have to wait till the next round of invites are sent out.

49 minutes ago, Marc@Marc1 said:

Still haven't received the invite for my XR500 :(

Also says access denied at the beta forums :( 

same thing for me !
The beta forum on the netgear site is completely closed ...
They must, I think completely reorganize the thing ... which is positive, in view of what was originally proposed ...