ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

I did some testing and came to the conclusion that the geofilter doesn't work at all... I tested this in Destiny 2, Battlefield 2042 and with or without geofilter i get connected to the same servers... 

In Destiny 2 for an example i try to solo something but the server is so laggy that i cannot even do it.. I tried to deny that server but it doesn't work at all and i am still connected to that server.. Tried this with Warframe as well and got the same results. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, hurricane1984 said:

I did some testing and came to the conclusion that the geofilter doesn't work at all... I tested this in Destiny 2, Battlefield 2042 and with or without geofilter i get connected to the same servers... 

In Destiny 2 for an example i try to solo something but the server is so laggy that i cannot even do it.. I tried to deny that server but it doesn't work at all and i am still connected to that server.. Tried this with Warframe as well and got the same results. 

If you're trying to do solo games in Destiny then it won't work and that isn't the purpose of the Geo-Filter. Battlefield it somewhat works but due to their matchmaking design the Geo-Filter doesn't historically work well with many of the BF games. We haven't specifically tested Warframe so I couldn't comment on that one. 

Can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page please?

Ah okay, than how does this filter works if the game does things itself too? Doesn't it give like conflict? 

Battlefield sucks to be honest and i stopped playing lol. 

Destiny 2 works well but in solo missions i still have very laggy experiences like the host is in the US with 150+ ping and 10 tick rate.. Isn't there anything to prevent this? 

My geosettings are 2000 Km and QoS is also on automatic and everything works just fine. 

Is there any news on when we can expect new Firmware yet? And i saw Duma is coming to smartphone now? 

1 hour ago, hurricane1984 said:

Ah okay, than how does this filter works if the game does things itself too? Doesn't it give like conflict? 

Destiny 2 works well but in solo missions i still have very laggy experiences like the host is in the US with 150+ ping and 10 tick rate.. Isn't there anything to prevent this? 

My geosettings are 2000 Km and QoS is also on automatic and everything works just fine. 

Is there any news on when we can expect new Firmware yet? And i saw Duma is coming to smartphone now? 

Are you filtering servers in your area? Is filtering mode enabled? As Fraser mentioned, a screenshot might be easier.

We don't know exactly when the new firmware will be released, we're working with our beta testers currently to iron out a few issues. After that it should be good to go!

20 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you filtering servers in your area? Is filtering mode enabled? As Fraser mentioned, a screenshot might be easier.

We don't know exactly when the new firmware will be released, we're working with our beta testers currently to iron out a few issues. After that it should be good to go!

Yes filtering is on and set to 2000 KM, ping assist to 40. 

QoS to auto enable and 950-950 Mbps.

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 3:51 PM, hurricane1984 said:

hello, what are you settings and circle radius where in map put for destiny 2? i am not able to load into solo in d2 :(
Can you help me?

3 hours ago, hpkprince said:

hello, what are you settings and circle radius where in map put for destiny 2? i am not able to load into solo in d2 :(
Can you help me?

Welcome to the forum!

They've switched to a more server-based matchmaking system so you can load into solo games anymore. You can however still use Geo-filter to ensure you're connecting to the closest server to you for the lowest ping.

32 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

They've switched to a more server-based matchmaking system so you can load into solo games anymore. You can however still use Geo-filter to ensure you're connecting to the closest server to you for the lowest ping.

okay thank you . 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:38 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

what does that mean? What servers? I never seen Bungie servers only in the US tho.

3 hours ago, hurricane1984 said:

what does that mean? What servers? I never seen Bungie servers only in the US tho.

They actually use the Steam SDR network so that's probably what you'd see. It means the only connection you see in Geo-filter is the steam SDR server you first access their network with, everything beyond that you can't see as part of their security measures.

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

They actually use the Steam SDR network so that's probably what you'd see. It means the only connection you see in Geo-filter is the steam SDR server you first access their network with, everything beyond that you can't see as part of their security measures.

Aha, okay, thnx for clearing that up. So its still an spaghetti code of network at their end lol. 

45 minutes ago, hurricane1984 said:

But does the Geofilter still work in D2 after all? 

Is there any news on the new firmware tho?😁

Yes, it works. You can use Geo-filter to ensure you're getting connecting to the lowest ping server consistently. 

All updates on new firmwares can be found here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Idk what it is but this XR500 is showing his age i guess. My standard Zyxel modem i got from my ISP is doing a much better job in wifi and gaming performance... 

In Warframe too, i get huge lag and Wifi keeps disconnecting. 

I hope this is being solved by the new firmware as i cannot use my XR500...

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, hurricane1984 said:

Idk what it is but this XR500 is showing his age i guess. My standard Zyxel modem i got from my ISP is doing a much better job in wifi and gaming performance... 

In Warframe too, i get huge lag and Wifi keeps disconnecting. 

I hope this is being solved by the new firmware as i cannot use my XR500...

The router on it's own won't cause issues like that, more likely settings need to be altered. Make a new topic with your setup details and screenshots of the settings you're using and we can advise from there.

• 1 year later...