ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

19 hours ago, TomaLLoS said:

Can't wait for an email, first of all I'll check if PPPoE is working properly ;)

I saw from another guy the same thing. I have set PPPoE and I never noticed any issue... How you will check it?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Marc@Marc1 said:

I have 2 id's on the forum. I forgot the password to the old one. Could you please link my old one to my new one? old one is Marc@Marc

Also when will you be sending the invites to the xr500 beta? 

Done, your old account has been merged with this one and the old deleted.

First batch will go out to a small amount of people and we'll expand from there when things are looking stable.

6 hours ago, NerdHarder said:

is there any roadmap about 3.0? just wondering how long the scheduled/planned beta is supposed to last. I know things change due to bugs and whatnot but still curious about what the planned implementation time for 3.0 is? my gut feeling is that 3.0 will not be shipped this year, hoping that isn't the plan

We're always pushing to have it released as soon as possible but depends on stability and bugs. It's by far the biggest update we've done so far so we don't want to rush it out just for the sake of it before it's ready.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You used your Netduma forum name? Perhaps make another NG account/change the name to the one you used on the form or perhaps fill the form out again.

yes, I used my NetDuma name on the NetGear site. lol  I tried to resign up but it says I all ready did and if I think I made a mistake contact the owner of the forum,, who's that?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, slickrick6922 said:

yes, I used my NetDuma name on the NetGear site. lol  I tried to resign up but it says I all ready did and if I think I made a mistake contact the owner of the forum,, who's that?

You would need to use a different email I think so try that first, otherwise maybe send a PM to @Christine_T on the Netgear community forum and she may be able to help.

On 02/06/2020 at 16:15, Netduma Luke said:

Olá a todos,

Hoje, temos o prazer de anunciar que as inscrições para o DumaOS 3.0 beta já estão abertas - isso será gradualmente implementado para todos os que se inscreverem ao longo do tempo.

Este é um grande passo. Isso significa que, depois de muitos meses de trabalho duro, agora estamos prontos para vocês começarem a testar o 3.0 nos seus roteadores DumaOS.

O que há no DumaOS 3.0?

É nomeado 3.0 por um motivo. Ele marca a próxima geração do DumaOS, nosso sistema operacional de roteadores. O 3.0 não só virá com um monte de novos recursos para o seu roteador, como também revisamos uma tonelada de coisas escondidas, o que tornará muito mais fácil obter novos recursos para você no futuro.

Até agora, anunciamos quatro dos oito principais recursos da versão 3.0. Você pode ler mais sobre cada um deles aqui:

1. Geo-esgrima : desenhe vários filtros geográficos de qualquer formato nos seus bancos de servidores favoritos
  2. QoS do aplicativo : priorize o tráfego mais importante para você, alocando largura de banda por tipo de aplicativo, como jogos, streaming etc.
  3. Benchmark de conexão : execute um teste puro da sua linha da Internet para descobrir o quão estável é o seu ping e se você está obtendo todas as velocidades de largura de banda
  4. Controlador de tráfego : impede que aplicativos, portas ou dispositivos acessem a Internet.
  5. Recurso 5: Anunciando em breve
  6. Recurso 6: Anunciando em breve
  7. Recurso 7: Anunciando em breve
  8. Recurso 8: Anunciando em breve

Revelações adicionais serão publicadas em nosso blog aqui:  https://netduma.com/blog/

DumaOS_V3_1.gif

Como faço para me inscrever?

Proprietários do Netduma R1 - acesse aqui:  https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos-3-beta-signup/

Usuários do Nighthawk Pro Gaming (XR300, XR450, XR500, XR700) - acesse aqui:  http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html

Quando receberei a versão beta?

Ao fazer uma grande atualização de software como a 3.0, é normal que as coisas não sejam perfeitas no início. Portanto, por mais que gostássemos que cada um de vocês colocasse as mãos no 3.0 agora, seria arriscado fazê-lo de uma só vez.

Em vez disso, iniciaremos gradualmente a implementação, começando com um pequeno número de testadores. Quando as coisas estiverem boas, adicionaremos mais e mais gradualmente, até que todos os que se inscreveram recebam a atualização.

Quando estivermos prontos para você participar da versão beta, você receberá um e-mail na sua caixa de entrada com instruções sobre como participar. Seja paciente - nós lhe enviaremos um e-mail quando estivermos prontos.

Finalmente...

Queremos agradecer por seu apoio e paciência durante o desenvolvimento do 3.0. Estamos muito conscientes de que levou tempo. Mas realmente valeu a pena. Isso nos permitiu levar o DumaOS para o próximo nível. O trabalho já está em andamento no 3.1 e estamos trabalhando em alguns recursos muito importantes que lhe darão ainda mais controle sobre seu atraso e sua rede.

Esperamos que você se divirta testando 3.0.

A equipe do ND

eu fiz a escrição   email [email protected]

queria testa a beta por favor

2 hours ago, Od1n said:

What are the chances Anti-Spike and Anti-Jitter are part of the 4 unveiled features? Iain must have been working on those for like 5 years now, and the lab results he showed lots of years ago where quite promising already.

This would be a nice edition. I heard of those results before, but never seen them myself. I can only assume it was quite a sight to behold with what Iain and the team cooked up.

Just not sure how anti jitter would work since that usually happens between your router and the server, ie something you have no control over. Unless it's a variable type of anti bufferbloat. But that still doesn't fix connections with high jitter.

4 hours ago, TrayDay said:

This would be a nice edition. I heard of those results before, but never seen them myself. I can only assume it was quite a sight to behold with what Iain and the team cooked up.

Imagine fully maxing out your up- and download yet your ping only spikes by 5 milliseconds, thats what Iain pulled off in the lab. It wouldnt matter at all whats happening in your network, your ping would always be spot on. Iain posted the results on his blog a few years ago, its several pages long with lots of test results and graphs (including benchmarks against unnamed industry leading routers). Maybe that blog is still up.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Just not sure how anti jitter would work since that usually happens between your router and the server, ie something you have no control over. Unless it's a variable type of anti bufferbloat. But that still doesn't fix connections with high jitter.

Yes pretty much.

Iain said the router would analyze how the ping to the server is fluctuating and then add a variable delay on the fly to it to keep the ping stable. Say you set this feature to +8 milliseconds, your router would then just add an artificial 8 milliseconds delay on top of your normal ping/connection and remove a chunk from it each time the actual ping to the server would rise. A stable but slightly higher ping will give a better game experience than a lower but unstable one.

And yes it may not work with high jitter connections but low to medium jitter connections could be balanced out perfectly assuming you set the artifical ping increase high enough.

using Anti-Jitter and Anti-Spike at the same time could be huge! But who knows if its still a thing, last message was like 2 years ago in which a Netduma employee said its still worked on.

6 hours ago, Od1n said:

Imagine fully maxing out your up- and download yet your ping only spikes by 5 milliseconds, thats what Iain pulled off in the lab. It wouldnt matter at all whats happening in your network, your ping would always be spot on. Iain posted the results on his blog a few years ago, its several pages long with lots of test results and graphs (including benchmarks against unnamed industry leading routers). Maybe that blog is still up.

Yes pretty much.

Iain said the router would analyze how the ping to the server is fluctuating and then add a variable delay on the fly to it to keep the ping stable. Say you set this feature to +8 milliseconds, your router would then just add an artificial 8 milliseconds delay on top of your normal ping/connection and remove a chunk from it each time the actual ping to the server would rise. A stable but slightly higher ping will give a better game experience than a lower but unstable one.

And yes it may not work with high jitter connections but low to medium jitter connections could be balanced out perfectly assuming you set the artifical ping increase high enough.

using Anti-Jitter and Anti-Spike at the same time could be huge! But who knows if its still a thing, last message was like 2 years ago in which a Netduma employee said its still worked on.

Not really actually.

Gives you a number of issues. ISP induced jitter will throw your speeds off so you will have to keep your setting above that.

And really for anti jitter to become operational you would have to have high ping first before it kicks in. Instead of other solutions like FQ_CoDeL or CAKE or DumaOS ABB tring to prevent it. (which all in the end operate by lowering bandwidth)

It's a nice idea but not something I see that has big real world benefits over the solutions we have now.

You guys should just release to all that's willing to try it. We've waited this long. I did pack it away for the time being. Been using a rog router and its working great.

I would love to try the new features a long with everyone else here. We deserve it.

Hello to all the Netduma Team & the old school members ! Its been a while.

It's great to hear you've started the rollout of Netduma 3.0 beta 😎

Congratulations !! 🎉

To say everybody has been on lockdown due to the Plandemic, it's good to hear about your continued work.

I see the forums toxicity is still present with some thinking they're entitled to something straight away & ignore the reasons why you might not have been as quick as you wanted to be with releases. I bet it's difficult to juggle business after recognition, partnering & expansion which has had a springboard effect probably higher than first anticipated.

As always, best of luck going forward & all the best for the future 🤞👍

This sounds all good in your "own" head. Until there's 100/1000's running a beta build, software bugs appear, with a ton of people complaining about the same bugs. On top of that, you will likely have some taking it to far, and bashing the people who are hard at work on the software for these routers. With a limited number of people to start off, it's easier to communicate between testers, and the dev's working on the software. Without having a few bad apples, being rude about something being bugged, and not working, exactly how they expect it should right now.

Trust me the people who work on the software, want everything to work great the first time. However that isn't possible 99.9% of the time. So when something is wrong, they want to hear positive feedback. Not unhelpful bashing of something not working properly.

Like you are bashing me?

We paid for a half built product. Lots of problems with stable releases.

I'm not even using it right now because I know updates are every 2-3 years. People paid for a product and deserve a working product.