ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

I think that both Netgear and DumaOS will give you a pleasant surprise in less than a month .... it is the beginning of something surprising.
No other company offers what they give us and the time can sometimes be frustrating but necessary. Patience.

Hi all,

You should get an email to confirm that your sign-up was successful. If you want me to make sure you're on the list, send me a DM and i'll check for you.

Netgear will be handling the beta on their models, so it will be up to them to send out beta firmware for those. 

I'd like to thank you all for your enthusiasm and also for your patience. As Luke said, we'll start the rollout slowly and pick up the pace if no huge problems occur.

We're also not done making announcements yet, there's more features still under wraps!

3 hours ago, GT9484 said:

So why do some people have it? Been speaking to guys saying they have it and to just be patient and wait... This launch is just a massive confused mess. Keeping everyone in the dark is a bit crap especially the ones who have been loyal to this brand. 

I agree that some of our communication could've been clearer. Netgear also decided to announce their beta a week before ours, which took the wind out of our sails a little bit.

There have been some people doing some very secret testing for DumaOS 3.0, but only about 15 or so. This is the start of our more public beta, we expect the amount of testers to be much higher, until eventually everybody that wants access can have access.

3 hours ago, Rockin Eagle said:

I think it would have been easier if the update had been rolled out completely. So stored in the system and then made the decision in update mode to test it or not. If YES, you would have registered and received the update. Especially since it was unclear to me until yesterday that it is a BETA. I was really looking forward to a new version. Now I have to wait and assume that I will get it garned (here in Germany). Probably only when the beta phase is over. but when that will be is very unclear. at least I don't see through it.

Even though it's a beta, we're pretty confident in it's stability. We want pretty much anybody that would like to use 3.0 to be able to use it. Anybody who is excited about the future of DumaOS will be able to get their hands on it and give it a go. People who are happy to wait will recieve the update automatically once it's fully tested and fully stable.

1 hour ago, Sherman85 said:

Has the first wave of beta 3.0 emails already been sent? If not then when emails will be sent, if so when will the second wave of emails be sent? I got bored of browsing my email every hour.

I think the rollout will probably begin next week for the Netduma R1. It's first come first served so you've got a good chance of being picked.

4 hours ago, twinturb01 said:

i asked the same question    last night  and  as  normal  you get  ignored     

when  are emails  going to be  sent  out     

its a  simple   question     

how about you  answer  it  

Should be next week, how about I post in this thread when each wave of invites goes out?

3 hours ago, xfalax said:

I think that both Netgear and DumaOS will give you a pleasant surprise in less than a month .... it is the beginning of something surprising.
No other company offers what they give us and the time can sometimes be frustrating but necessary. Patience.

Thank you very much. Remember that this update is free of charge, I think you'll all be surprised with how many new features are added!

I really appreciate your understanding guys.

2 hours ago, GT9484 said:

you know that most of us are just keen... its just a shame that netgear did this last week. its caused allot of confusion / anger with people. then obviously you guys trying to build up antisipation caused us to think this was the day of beta... hope 3.0 is as good as it looks and sounds 

I think what happened was they posted they would make an announcement and then people assumed it was 3.0 and it grew like Chinese whispers.  
ive seen comments on YouTube where people have posted that Netgear told them 3.0 is out which as we know is total rubbish but people want to believe it. 
I am surprised though with the general lack of interest on the forum, very few posts showing interest.

6 minutes ago, LegionGaming said:

Awesome, looking forward to the beta 😀 

legion  mate  you havent been active   so stop all ya gaming and start  posting    

so buy  a gaming router  and do not use it for gaming  just  stay here and post  about  it 

5 minutes ago, twinturb01 said:

your  telling me im not active  enough   so her i am   being  very active for you  and  now your  going to delete my posts    

Hey mate could you please calm down, we're all in this together my dude! They can't give you all the answers you want because they're not allowed to, and TBH I think @Netduma Alex has been more than helpful to you so far.

Hi all, just to let you know that I have hidden sections of this conversation because we got derailed.

If one of your replies got caught in the crossfire, I apologise. I don't like hiding conversation but it was getting out of hand.

Thanks a lot!

Just now, Netduma Alex said:

Hi all, just to let you know that I have hidden sections of this conversation because we got derailed.

If one of your replies got caught in the crossfire, I apologise. I don't like hiding conversation but it was getting out of hand.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for keeping the forums respectful my dude! :D OOOOF I can't wait for 3.0!!!!

Wasn’t there a beta sign up in a sub forum long ago? Now we have to sign up again? Well hope I’ll be able to join now ! Cause at the last time it was said that all from this post would be take into account when beta starts!

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, DARTHXX said:

Wasn’t there a beta sign up in a sub forum long ago? Now we have to sign up again? Well hope I’ll be able to join now ! Cause at the last time it was said that all from this post would be take into account when beta starts!

Having a look at your past posts it was the announcement topic for 3.0, it wasn't an official sign up, more of a gauge for who was interested in it. Please do sign up because we need more information than can be posted publicly.

7 hours ago, Ruxomar said:

Still updates are nonexistent as Netgear customer service  ... So gave away both routers to the shop and got an Asus RT-AX88U installed merlin and finally forgot it all about it ... back to the real world.

Hello Ruxomar,

Trust me I understand some of your frustrations, in regards to netgear, and their past history of slow firmware updates. Which is still something they need to be better at. Also I understand concerns in regard's to security on their routers. As it seems every couple/few months, there's a security exploit found. However Netgear hasn't always been fast to patch the issue.

As for the Asus routers, and the AX88U overall. Asus does have a history of pushing out updates every couple months. However with their more often updates, they also bring more bugs within their software, to customers. Which luckily Merlin does a hell of a job fixing some of their messes, and if he can't fix certain things, he tells them about the problems. To be honest.. over the last few month's, a lot of the firmwares they have been releasing, for a lot of their routers, have been pretty buggy, with customers rolling back to older builds.

Finally there's one part of ASUS software I want to talk about, and for a lot of people who own the R1, or one of the XR routers. It's something they care about, and want to use, that's QoS. ASUS QoS from the outside looks very nice, and it sounds great for gamers, and people who want to use it. The bad part.. their QoS isn't set up well, and if you look at another forum. Where Merlin post his build's and such. You will see a thread about their QoS, and how it doesn't work all that good. There's a 200+ page thread about people wanting improvements on the current QoS, that Asus uses on their routers.

Ultimately I'm mentioning this, as there isn't one router company, in terms of software, better than the other currently. I have owned many Netgear, and Asus routers, over the last ten years. So the things I'm saying, is from using their products on my home network, over the last several years. Both companies need to do things better, and when I say that.. I'm talking about them working with their customers more, and listening to their feedback, on certain things. Instead of their current yearly push for 3-4 new routers, with all these new shiny features, that either don't work at launch, or are buggy as shit for 6-12 months, after they release.

Anyways to the mods, and other people reading this thread. I'm sorry for going a bit off topic with my post. However I felt this needed to be said, and I feel I was respectful in what I typed in this post. To end this post of mine,  I look forward to running the newer build, with some of these newer/improved features. I will for sure give feedback on any issues I run into, which hopefully is zero for me. However I know everyone's setups are different. So I'm sure even if it runs great for me, someone else will find a bug, or two. Still that's why it's great netgear/netduma guys are starting out slow, with a beta build first. As you never want to push an official build, without a good amount of testing, with a smaller scale of people.

11 hours ago, Sherman85 said:

Has the first wave of beta 3.0 emails already been sent? If not then when emails will be sent, if so when will the second wave of emails be sent? I got bored of browsing my email every hour.

I refresh it every hour... 😓

I just signed up for the beta but like who really cares lol..

statement about the R-Apps?  this reminds me of micro transaction that all the latest installations of fps games have deployed in the last several years. Lets hope i'm wrong but there maybe an addition monetary value placed on the making of these apps and passed along to guess who?  Possibly another way to keep selling software pieces of a product  already owned buy end users already, just to get another feature of software upgraded lol..   

I have 2 id's on the forum. I forgot the password to the old one. Could you please link my old one to my new one? old one is Marc@Marc

Also when will you be sending the invites to the xr500 beta? 

is there any roadmap about 3.0? just wondering how long the scheduled/planned beta is supposed to last. I know things change due to bugs and whatnot but still curious about what the planned implementation time for 3.0 is? my gut feeling is that 3.0 will not be shipped this year, hoping that isn't the plan

2 hours ago, NerdHarder said:

I know things change due to bugs and whatnot but still curious about what the planned implementation time for 3.0 is? my gut feeling is that 3.0 will not be shipped this year, hoping that isn't the plan

It seems their plan is to start the beta testing phase soon. I don't work for them, but I will say I would be shocked if the official build doesn't launch till next year. The only way that happens in my opinion, is if there's multiple "major" bugs that pop up, and it takes them awhile to fix them. If things go rather smoothly, I could easily see a official launch around september. This is my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Overall it seems they plan to do a couple beta phases, in regards to expanding the amount of people testing it. Which I think is smart. You want to increase the number of people testing the beta build, because too small of a number of people. There's a small chance a bug within the software exist, and no one finds it, until the official launch. The beta testing number of people gets into at least a couple hundred people. It's very likely if bugs exist, they will be found. As there will be many different ways people will be running, and using different features within the software.