ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

• Administrators
7 hours ago, chand93 said:

Roger that lilstone87,

I'll keep that in mind if i get picked,do you know if invites are still going out,been checking my email and still nothing.

Usually closed betas do have a somewhat strict NDA and as it transitions into an open beta the rules relax but even then there is a NDA in regards to what can be done and shown.

I believe those selected for the first batch should have already received their emails - do double check spam/junk folders just in case - so if you don't have one then you won't have made it into the first batch. Keep an eye out though for the next batch.

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I believe those selected for the first batch should have already received their emails - do double check spam/junk folders just in case - so if you don't have one then you won't have made it into the first batch. Keep an eye out though for the next batch.

Thanks Fraser,

As much as i'd love to get it,i understand fully its a patience thing aswell,

Tbh i know theres people with issues on their routers but i haven't encountered anything a quick reboot doesn't sort out anyway (changing geo filter location)

Hopefully news and feature previews will still be coming in to keep us hyped,and gratz to everyone who got in,this firmware doesn't seem like the next level but the level after that in terms of functionality.

You guys sure have been busy gj

Regards

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@Marc@Marc1 Christine on the NG forum will resolve that for you.

To everyone else, as lilstone has mentioned the first emails have gone out so double check to see if you have one. Don't worry if you haven't got it as new waves/batches will kick off soon. It worked on a first come first serve basis.

you're fine @Netduma Fraser,but natgear is a misunderstanding, after they haven't solved my problem, I don't believe them anymore, the bigger the corporation the more shit, only you as netduma keep me here yet, because I will never buy netgear anymore, if 3.0 fails me, I change router because I won't wait the next two years for corrections

On 6/12/2020 at 7:54 PM, lilstone87 said:

Instead of us thinking the worst, and assuming they hand picked who got in the first batch. Lets just go with they picked people randomly, and we were not the ones picked to start off. I know some of these feelings some of you are having right now, is due to having waited a while now, and wanting to be able to test out the new build ASAP. I totally understand, still just know we're very close to all of us being able to run this build. No need to get upset at this point.

Finally.. just know Netgear is the one who's handling this for the XR routers. Opening signups to allow anyone a chance at testing this new build, is new to them. So in a sense be a bit thankful. As normally the only people who ever touch beta build's, is the one's they have picked to beta test their equipment, and they only get build's for that one device to test. I know this from testing a router for them in the past. This isn't me taking up for them at all either.. as I think they should have been doing a open signup to be a beta tester for firmware's, for a little while now. It seems we're at that point now, hopefully that continues, and the process only improves going forward.

I understand that waiting for a year or longer for software patches does not bother you, because I am so 300 euros for something that does not work, I personally have enough, because as for now a great great announcement 02.06, and playing on time today 13.06, I bet the final version will be August, or until the new year, am not upset, I am annoyed, and I feel cheated

Guest Killhippie
17 hours ago, raf1212 said:

you're fine @Netduma Fraser,but natgear is a misunderstanding, after they haven't solved my problem, I don't believe them anymore, the bigger the corporation the more shit, only you as netduma keep me here yet, because I will never buy netgear anymore, if 3.0 fails me, I change router because I won't wait the next two years for corrections

It's Netduma that have not updated the XR500 with DumaOS patches, not Netgear. Netduma hold the licence for their product, Netgear cant magically patch it for them. The reason you have not seen a Duma update since December 2018 when Milestone 1.3 came out is because they didn't patch their product which is still beyond my comnprehension, I have never seen a comany create a OS then not offer patches for the problems that plagued Milestone 1.3 Also they decided to in the middle of doing milestones to change direction and re-write the OS and along came DumaOS 3.0, so why are you blaming Netgear?  Its a Netduma's code that needed patching, Netgear sat waiting for code to do something with I imagine After all the hardware in the XR500 is only a R7800 with a bit more Flash NAND the hardware is 5 years (Soc IPQ 8065) even though the PCB's are new, so it should all be pretty stable by now as far as drivers etc.

18 hours ago, raf1212 said:

I understand that waiting for a year or longer for software patches does not bother you

That's where you're wrong. I have said it a couple times, netgear has a history of being slow with updates, and I feel that needs to improve. There's a reason I own both Asus, and Netgear routers. One is much faster with updates. However the past few months, a lot of their releases have been pretty buggy. Which luckily someone helps out with that, making their own build's based off their firmwares.

6 hours ago, Killhippie said:

It's Netduma that have not updated the XR500 with DumaOS patches, not Netgear. Netduma hold the licence for their product, Netgear cant magically patch it for them. The reason you have not seen a Duma update since December 2018 when Milestone 1.3 came out is because they didn't patch their product which is still beyond my comnprehension, I have never seen a comany create a OS then not offer patches for the problems that plagued Milestone 1.3 Also they decided to in the middle of doing milestones to change direction and re-write the OS and along came DumaOS 3.0, so why are you blaming Netgear?  Its a Netduma's code that needed patching, Netgear sat waiting for code to do something with I imagine After all the hardware in the XR500 is only a R7800 with a bit more Flash NAND the hardware is 5 years (Soc IPQ 8065) even though the PCB's are new, so it should all be pretty stable by now as far as drivers etc.

I know netduma is also not guilty, but I have my reasons for throwing mud at netgear

I said back in 2018 when the R1 Beta was launched that Netduma needs to communicate with the community to avoid impatience and general frustration. I feel both Netduma and Netgear needed to send out an email immediately after a potential beta tester registered to indicate in which wave(group) they are and which estimated date their waves download links will be sent out unless there's some major issue. This kinda leads me into my second point that if they wanted to alpha test the software with a limited control group they should have done so without notifying the community that there's a beta (you don't dangle a bag of candy asking the class who wants some and then just share with your friends).

2 hours ago, Killerelite06 said:

I said back in 2018 when the R1 Beta was launched that Netduma needs to communicate with the community to avoid impatience and general frustration. I feel both Netduma and Netgear needed to send out an email immediately after a potential beta tester registered to indicate in which wave(group) they are and which estimated date their waves download links will be sent out unless there's some major issue. This kinda leads me into my second point that if they wanted to alpha test the software with a limited control group they should have done so without notifying the community that there's a beta (you don't dangle a bag of candy asking the class who wants some and then just share with your friends).

he says, give him a whiskey, it would be very fine

Guest Killhippie
On 6/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, raf1212 said:

I know netduma is also not guilty, but I have my reasons for throwing mud at netgear

I don't think any of the big companies like Netgear and Asus etc have a clean track record in support. Hope things work out better with 3.0 when it arrives for you.

• Administrators
On 6/15/2020 at 7:27 AM, MattyAu said:

Is the UI expected to be faster with DumaOS 3.0? Slow going navigating through the UI on 2.0 with an XR500... 😑

It shouldn't be that slow for you, you may need to clear your browser cache/cookies then load each page of the interface and then it should be faster. 

20 hours ago, santa78 said:

Any new for the beta test on XR700?

It will be coming very soon, it won't be long between each beta for each of the routers.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

R1 beta hasn't been released yet unfortunately.

jokes, jokes, jokes, two weeks and nothing, I have the impression that you start doing it specially

8 minutes ago, DanyKTM said:

keep calm ! it is on the way !! 

I was calm for a year, enough, and then I can say my opinion, they made people stupid announcing 02.06

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, raf1212 said:

I was calm for a year, enough, and then I can say my opinion, they made people stupid announcing 02.06

People make themselves stupid to be fair by getting overzealous about pieces of plastic and metal.

This is only my opinion, but a beta version remains a beta version with its share of bug and regression!
I was the first to want to test 3.0 on the XR500 ... But think about it ... I would rather wait a little longer and test a stable version rather than be disappointed with a worse beta than V.56.

After, what concerns me more for the moment, these are the skills of the 20 insiders chosen by netgear to track bugs ...

The future will tell ...

5 hours ago, Killhippie said:

People make themselves stupid to be fair by getting overzealous about pieces of plastic and metal.

a piece of plastic and metal worth 300 euros, which I worked for, so you can get nervous, I don't even care about this beta, I only read and I don't believe what bigger companies do with their consumers,