ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

47 minutes ago, Marc@Marc1 said:

Still haven't received the invite for my XR500 :(

I posted last night in this thread. Netgear said they sent out emails to the one's who got picked for the first batch of testers. So if you didn't get a email, you're gonna have to wait till they send out emails for the second batch of testers.

1 minute ago, Fuzy said:

same thing for me !
The beta forum on the netgear site is completely closed ...
They must, I think completely reorganize the thing ... which is positive, in view of what was originally proposed ...

I'm sure they refreshed the beta forums, for this beta release. Which means, only the people they added yesterday for testing, have access. So the "access denied" means you weren't apart of the first batch of testers. Also you would of gotten a email from them, if you were.

3 minutes ago, lilstone87 said:

I'm sure they refreshed the beta forums, for this beta release. Which means, only the people they added yesterday for testing, have access. So the "access denied" means you weren't apart of the first batch of testers. Also you would of gotten a email from them, if you were.

It is a fact !

Thank you for your dedication, but obviously the operation of netgear remains very obscure!

3 minutes ago, Marc@Marc1 said:

The problem is, I filled out my netduma forum id for my xr500 instead of my netduma forum id. So someone from the netduma/netgear staff is going to have to help me out? 

This is one thing Netgear should of done better with this beta signup for XR routers. They should of asked for email you used to create account on their site, not a username you picked to use when you signed up. Overall that causes to much confusion for most people. Keep it simple.

That is true. Honestly I have been having a lot of trouble with the xr500. 

1. First I had the issue with dns leak with the proxy. Found a workaround for that but it was a headache. 

2. Next I had problems with finding game servers (still have this problem) (this problem exists primarily with warzone) 

3. I have been experiencing slower wired speeds on my xr500 vs my GT 5300. But the slowdown is not enough to really impact my gaming. 

4. Lots of times the geo location experiences what I call "leaking" where servers outside the radius connect even when fast search is disabled. 

I was hoping to test out 3.0 and see if it helped solve any of the issues. 

1 minute ago, Fuzy said:

It is a fact !

Thank you for your dedication, but obviously the operation of netgear remains very obscure!

As l just replied to the other post. Netgear should of did the beta signup better. Two things that stick out to me. 1. They asked for username, instead of email used for your netgear accounts. To easy to cause confusion for people. 2. Once you submitted the beta signup, they should of emailed the account email you attached. Saying "Thank you for signing up for the DumaOS 3.0 closed beta. Keep a lookout for another email from us, in the future, in regards to gaining access to the beta.".

1 minute ago, lilstone87 said:

As l just replied to the other post. Netgear should of did the beta signup better. Two things that stick out to me. 1. They asked for username, instead of email used for your netgear accounts. To easy to cause confusion for people. 2. Once you submitted the beta signup, they should of emailed the account email you attached. Saying "Thank you for signing up for the DumaOS 3.0 closed beta. Keep a lookout for another email from us, in the future, in regards to gaining access to the beta.".

Fully agree a simple confirmation to the email used would have been nice. I guess at least if you visit the beta signup form it tells you that you are signed up kind of works.

Arrrrh, dumaOS on netgear products what a pest!

I definitely regret not having chosen a cheaper and better managed R1 ... see more efficient ...

18 minutes ago, Marc@Marc1 said:

That is true. Honestly I have been having a lot of trouble with the xr500. 

1. First I had the issue with dns leak with the proxy. Found a workaround for that but it was a headache. 

2. Next I had problems with finding game servers (still have this problem) (this problem exists primarily with warzone) 

3. I have been experiencing slower wired speeds on my xr500 vs my GT 5300. But the slowdown is not enough to really impact my gaming. 

4. Lots of times the geo location experiences what I call "leaking" where servers outside the radius connect even when fast search is disabled. 

I was hoping to test out 3.0 and see if it helped solve any of the issues. 

I understand. In your case, if you have another router you can use for now, that's working well. I suggest using it. For me personally, I have 4 routers in my home, that all could run as my main router if needed. Routers, and their software, are to up, and down, for me to trust just having one available to use. I know not everyone has this option. I run two routers in my home setup at all times, for whole home coverage.

As for this beta, the first batch from netgear seems to be a pretty small number of testers. So overall not many people are included right now. Hopefully as long as no major bugs are found, within a week, or two. They select a second batch of testers. Also as you mention the current bugs you're dealing with. With this beta, you could possibly be dealing with just as many. All I'm saying.. is try to keep an open mind on this. I know the wait sucks.. but sadly that's a big part of life. Hurry up, and wait.

9 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

I definitely regret not having chosen a cheaper and better managed R1 ... see more efficient ...

To be honest, they both have their flaws. If you have a faster internet connection the R1 isn't for you. As it can only handle I think around 200mbps max. That's what you get with older hardware. This isn't me bashing the R1 at all either. Just pointing it out. I actually still have my R1 in my network drawer.

I don't mind bugs at all. 

I alpha and beta test for software all the time I enjoy doing it haha (I don't mind bugs as long as updates and fixes actually happen sooner rather than later) 

I of-course have quite a few routers lying around my Asus router with dd-wrt is my primary router for my house. I have a dedicated fiber line incoming for my console I just didn't want my really expensive xr500 to go waste lol. 

1 minute ago, lilstone87 said:

To be honest, they both have their flaws. If you have a faster internet connection the R1 isn't for you. As it can only handle I think around 200mbps max. That's what you get with older hardware. This isn't me bashing the R1 at all either. Just pointing it out. I actually still have my R1 in my network drawer.

With a giga connection!
The R1, just with a console or PC dedicated to gaming behind, it will do the job, with the rest of the local network upstream on the ISP router.

2 hours ago, Fuzy said:

With a giga connection!
The R1, just with a console or PC dedicated to gaming behind, it will do the job, with the rest of the local network upstream on the ISP router.

Do you think I should swap my XR500 for the R1? 

3 hours ago, lilstone87 said:

as I thought the beta version of xr is only for the selected ones, you have a friend will handle it, that's why netgear I don't like it

1 hour ago, raf1212 said:

as I thought the beta version of xr is only for the selected ones, you have a friend will handle it, that's why netgear I don't like it

Instead of us thinking the worst, and assuming they hand picked who got in the first batch. Lets just go with they picked people randomly, and we were not the ones picked to start off. I know some of these feelings some of you are having right now, is due to having waited a while now, and wanting to be able to test out the new build ASAP. I totally understand, still just know we're very close to all of us being able to run this build. No need to get upset at this point.

Finally.. just know Netgear is the one who's handling this for the XR routers. Opening signups to allow anyone a chance at testing this new build, is new to them. So in a sense be a bit thankful. As normally the only people who ever touch beta build's, is the one's they have picked to beta test their equipment, and they only get build's for that one device to test. I know this from testing a router for them in the past. This isn't me taking up for them at all either.. as I think they should have been doing a open signup to be a beta tester for firmware's, for a little while now. It seems we're at that point now, hopefully that continues, and the process only improves going forward.

44 minutes ago, lilstone87 said:

Instead of us thinking the worst, and assuming they hand picked who got in the first batch. Lets just go with they picked people randomly, and we were not the ones picked to start off. I know some of these feelings some of you are having right now, is due to having waited a while now, and wanting to be able to test out the new build ASAP. I totally understand, still just know we're very close to all of us being able to run this build. No need to get upset at this point.

Finally.. just know Netgear is the one who's handling this for the XR routers. Opening signups to allow anyone a chance at testing this new build, is new to them. So in a sense be a bit thankful. As normally the only people who ever touch beta build's, is the one's they have picked to beta test their equipment, and they only get build's for that one device to test. I know this from testing a router for them in the past. This isn't me taking up for them at all either.. as I think they should have been doing a open signup to be a beta tester for firmware's, for a little while now. It seems we're at that point now, hopefully that continues, and the process only improves going forward.

Either you are very well informed, or you have nothing else to do ...
I am wholeheartedly with you, but I think you should let things go without stirring up anything .....

• Administrators

@Marc@Marc1 Christine on the NG forum will resolve that for you.

To everyone else, as lilstone has mentioned the first emails have gone out so double check to see if you have one. Don't worry if you haven't got it as new waves/batches will kick off soon. It worked on a first come first serve basis.

51 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Either you are very well informed, or you have nothing else to do ...
I am wholeheartedly with you, but I think you should let things go without stirring up anything .....

Well having beta tested one of their routers in the past.. I do feel I know how they have handled stuff in the past, pretty well. But at the same time I also feel they're changing their way of thinking as well. Trust me I'm in no way trying to stir anything up. I'm honestly trying to "settle" people down. As some of us are getting tired of waiting, and starting to show more frustration in their posts on here. 

Which at this point, things are way to close. No reason to piss yourself off, or anyone, you might direct your anger towards. I honestly wish I could say I have a "good" relationship with Netgear, after I beta tested one of their routers a couple years ago. However I'm not, I'm in the same place as all of you, with them. I did try to use my past history with them, to help them when the XR500 first came out. However I was meet with a cold shoulder. Which overall they didn't owe me anything, and no I don't hold a grudge against them. I do wish things communication wise between them, and me, could of been better. Ultimately I bring this up, just to show.. at least in my case, they(netgear) played no favorites towards me.

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@Marc@Marc1 Christine on the NG forum will resolve that for you.

To everyone else, as lilstone has mentioned the first emails have gone out so double check to see if you have one. Don't worry if you haven't got it as new waves/batches will kick off soon. It worked on a first come first serve basis.

Thanks Fraser. Hope I get the xr500 beta invitation soon. 

4 minutes ago, lilstone87 said:

Well having beta tested one of their routers in the past.. I do feel I know how they have handled stuff in the past, pretty well. But at the same time I also feel they're changing their way of thinking as well. Trust me I'm in no way trying to stir anything up. I'm honestly trying to "settle" people down. As some of us are getting tired of waiting, and starting to show more frustration in their posts on here. 

Which at this point, things are way to close. No reason to piss yourself off, or anyone, you might direct your anger towards. I honestly wish I could say I have a "good" relationship with Netgear, after I beta tested one of their routers a couple years ago. However I'm not, I'm in the same place as all of you, with them. I did try to use my past history with them, to help them when the XR500 first came out. However I was meet with a cold shoulder. Which overall they didn't owe me anything, and no I don't hold a grudge against them. I do wish things communication wise between them, and me, could of been better. Ultimately I bring this up, just to show.. at least in my case, they(netgear) played no favorites towards me.

I think there is no longer the possibility of frustration over time ...
I just think that this forum remains a way to express yourself while asking questions!

18 minutes ago, chand93 said:

Are we allowed to say if we got the email or is that against NDA :P

Well I'm sure with the start of the beta, they would rather people who have got in keep it to themselves. Obviously once anyone is testing the beta.. that's what the beta forums is for on Netgear's site. Which means keep things under wraps. I'm sure there's some kind of NDA for testing the beta build. 

7 hours ago, lilstone87 said:

Well I'm sure with the start of the beta, they would rather people who have got in keep it to themselves. Obviously once anyone is testing the beta.. that's what the beta forums is for on Netgear's site. Which means keep things under wraps. I'm sure there's some kind of NDA for testing the beta build. 

Roger that lilstone87,

I'll keep that in mind if i get picked,do you know if invites are still going out,been checking my email and still nothing.

Usually closed betas do have a somewhat strict NDA and as it transitions into an open beta the rules relax but even then there is a NDA in regards to what can be done and shown.