ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

I have been patiently waiting for beta access, while Raf continues to complain and sound like an entitled baby. Bless you NetDuma staff who need to deal with this guy. Nonstop complaints. Smh.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

raf, there is no conspiracy regarding beta access, just because you haven't received an invite yet doesn't mean you will be waiting until next year. We have put your name forward as well as everyone else here to get it asap. Netgear are sending the invites so you just need to wait for it.

We'll try and get you on the beta asap. We're checking the topic daily to add people to our list.

If you had to guess how long before a  non beta complete version is finished? are the testers finding many issues  in the beta that stops you guys from making a finalized version?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

If you had to guess how long before a  non beta complete version is finished? are the testers finding many issues  in the beta that stops you guys from making a finalized version?

It's really hard to say because I'm not a developer so anything I say about dev timelines etc should be taken with a pinch of salt. Depending on the severity or difficulty of a bug, finding out the cause can take a significant amount of time, plus then actually writing a fix. I think probably what will happen is that we just roll into an open beta - technically the DumaOS on the R1 available now is still in beta.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

ok can you ask the devs then?

We learnt a long time ago not to make any deadlines because with development they're always subject to change. Even launching the beta the internal date changed a few times so we're not going to give a date now. As long as it takes essentially to make it as stable as possible.

12 hours ago, Moopus1 said:

I have been patiently waiting for beta access, while Raf continues to complain and sound like an entitled baby. Bless you NetDuma staff who need to deal with this guy. Nonstop complaints. Smh.

I complain because I have really big problems with xr500,

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

ok so i take it, it's still not stable got it, thanks

I'm not saying that, we just want it to as bug free as we can make it. The more people that test it the more bugs will be found.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The more people that test it the more bugs will be found.

Question about milestone 1.3. Not sure if this is a bug or not but could you check it on 3.0 and see if it exists there also. In Qos bandwidth allocation section. when i try to change download speed for one specific device lets say XBOX1 then next go to upload on milestone 1.3 it stays stuck on the download allocation and does not switch unless you select another total different device in the allocation bandwidth section then go back to your original which in my case would be XBOX1, just to change the upload allocation speed. Hope this question makes some sort of sense and if it's supposed to be that way or not and if it is, is it the same in your milestone 3.0 version? with the R1 or XR500

Would like to be able to just toggle from download allocation hit save then go to upload allocation speed hit save for one device and that's it  and not go to another device come back just to do the upload speed changes but maybe it is the way it's supposed to be i guess.

This has existed  from day one of the original first software also 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I tried to reproduce what you said but I couldn't, could you make a small video of what you're seeing please?

ok i don't know how to do a small video but i will try to explain again maybe less confusing.

Bandwidth allocation octagon or pie on left  the largest window with all devices in Qos pick a device..

Using the toggle selection at top of octagon in which you have two choices Download and Upload.

Select download above octagon on, see changes occurring in right side smaller window for device bandwidth and watch it go up and down in sync.

Next select upload in above octagon  see if the changes are reflected in right side smaller widow for selected device bandwidth and is it being reflected in that  right window the same as download does in sync.

In other words when you toggle from download speed adjustments in left window then switch to upload in the same window it is not being reflected properly i believe in the adjacent window but again this is probably just the way  you guys set it up and its fine.

thanks for checking it out on the OS 3.0 if its not happening so it is not an issue in 3.0 just on the older milestone 1.3 and not that it is a problem just the way your devs made it. 

• Administrators

Ah I see so you click on a device on the list next to the 'flower' we call it, on the right the panel appears to adjust it more precisely than just percentage, you switch over to upload but that device panel stays on Download instead of switching to upload? If so yes that is expected behaviour. When you get the beta there is a suggestion topic so I'd recommend posting it in there when you're able to and the devs can prioritize tickets and see whether they want to change that.

On 7/12/2020 at 5:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah I see so you click on a device on the list next to the 'flower' we call it, on the right the panel appears to adjust it more precisely than just percentage, you switch over to upload but that device panel stays on Download instead of switching to upload? If so yes that is expected behaviour. When you get the beta there is a suggestion topic so I'd recommend posting it in there when you're able to and the devs can prioritize tickets and see whether they want to change that.

yup you got it,  so its the same since day one lol. Ok cool if thats the way the devs intended for it to be so be it.

It is more likely that you could suggest maybe the changes if you think it's kinda quirky but if not and you think its fine ok that's cool.

Strange how download and upload adjustments do reflect the same in one instance or state then in another state they are un-synced. 

From day one i thought it was weird but hey i did not develop the software and i'm just a cable guy so what do i know lol...

joined day one for duma os 3.0 on r1 and on xr500. any help to get a invite would be appreciated. been reading great things about what has been added and just want to test it out. netgear community name same as here, betrhf

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We'll try to get you guys on board asap!

Since I am stuck with the R1 beta router and I i am still waiting to change that to go for the XR 500 I will notify on this forum or from the netgear forum? Here I am still get the green bar for the R1....

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

Since I am stuck with the R1 beta router and I i am still waiting to change that to go for the XR 500 I will notify on this forum or from the netgear forum? Here I am still get the green bar for the R1....

Netgear will send you an invite email where you will then be able to access the beta forum on the Netgear community site and download the firmware from there.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Netgear will send you an invite email where you will then be able to access the beta forum on the Netgear community site and download the firmware from there.

somehow I can't get this email for a month

I sign up for xr500 and xr700.I haven't received an email yet.have problems with both routers. Playing online Games is no longer make fun. I hope the new update works better.

Is there any chance I can be added to the list?

I want to see if 3.0 supports IKEv2 used by modern day VPN clients. I need to make a decision whether to stay on the R1 or move away. Currently the DumaOS is blocking IPSec traffic

Many thanks

Hey Fraser,

I'm interested as well (XR500) - posted a while back so I'm guessing I'm still waiting. Is there an email address I should unlock to make sure it doesn't get sent to spam?