ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

2 hours ago, Sherman85 said:

I tried these settings from the movie some time ago and unfortunately they did not work in MW. He gets better matches on R1 with DumaOS.

For me it works Well.. i have unticket ecn under Advantage settings and max Paket shedule to 20ms

I dont know.. maybe the r1 is better as my xr300

Can someone confirm that I am signed up for the beta?

Also, will the beta have ability to set custom lease time? This 24 hours with no ability to edit is driving me crazy,

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Smiley said:

Can someone confirm that I am signed up for the beta?

Also, will the beta have ability to set custom lease time? This 24 hours with no ability to edit is driving me crazy,

If you successfully submitted the form then you'll be signed up. It's not included at the moment but that's feedback that can be provided to NG to influence them to implement it.

On 6/27/2020 at 11:42 AM, blackfirehawk said:

I will Test Dumaos If its released again.. at the Moment i have swapped my netduma Router couse it Just dosnt Work Well, or Just for a few hours ..after that i have to restart it so that the Traffic prio work..and iam sick of waiting for a working Firmware without all These Bugs.

The Hardware is fine.. but the current Firmware is a Buggy mess and dont Work Like its promised for me. Sometimes i have the Feeling it even increase the lag

Now i use a edgerouter.. Just Plug and Play and enabled fqcodel +htb and have near perfect hitdetection and No bullshit Moments anymore

interesting. I Returning an XR450 to amazon for a refund. Only reason is because i could not register the product due to  being that it was a return item that i bought at a marked down price of 139. Putting the r1 back into action despite a minor issue i had with the r1. Also will order that inexpensive  router to check out how fqcodel +htb  compares to duma os. Duma works well for me just curious what other technologies are upto and at a price point so low why not give a different gaming router a shot?

XR450.jpg

I have just gone from an edgerouter er4 to the netgear xr700 and so far the netduma has been much better. I set the er4 up like in that video posted above but it was varying results and wasnt a constant performer for me. I have tried varies routers in the last few months and so far this one seems the best, and with the new version 3.0 os coming soon it will have way more features too.

Guest Killhippie
19 hours ago, Brainbleach said:

can anyone confirm they have actually gotten a beta firmware for the xr500 yet?

Surely they cant because of a non disclosure agreement to do the beta?

When can we expect the XR700 users have a go at it? I figured since the XR700 owner base is smaller, I would hope that the ones who do can have a go at it, thank you.

I have been waiting for dumaos, but I was too busy a while ago and did not notice that the beta version is open. I just had time to test recently, I hope to get the test qualification as soon as possible.

On 6/28/2020 at 1:02 PM, CableGames22 said:

interesting. I Returning an XR450 to amazon for a refund. Only reason is because i could not register the product due to  being that it was a return item that i bought at a marked down price of 139. Putting the r1 back into action despite a minor issue i had with the r1. Also will order that inexpensive  router to check out how fqcodel +htb  compares to duma os. Duma works well for me just curious what other technologies are upto and at a price point so low why not give a different gaming router a shot?

XR450.jpg

Did see a consistency issue with duma verses the edge router x. Duma is only better in that i can select and block out the bad servers that give me hit detection problems in the first place. other than that a router is a router is a router.. I'm sending the edge router x back. It's also not plug and play. Lastly i'm sure lets say  if another router outfit was to come up with a way to route by way of hops/priority game traffic with least hops on internet connection, to said game servers and a blocking feature to bad servers then that would be a real game changer in routers.

For now we are married to Duma ,"not a bad thing" because they currently are the best because we can block bad servers and there is no others out there that can do this to my knowledge.  Maybe in the future that will change? who knows.

Duma waiting on an update for lest hops routes to game servers for priority game packets? is that possible? is that in the works lol..

7 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

Did see a consistency issue with duma verses the edge router x. Duma is only better in that i can select and block out the bad servers that give me hit detection problems in the first place. other than that a router is a router is a router.. I'm sending the edge router x back. It's also not plug and play. Lastly i'm sure lets say  if another router outfit was to come up with a way to route by way of hops/priority game traffic a faster internet connection to said game servers and a blocking feature to bad servers then that would be a real game changer in routers.

For now we are married to Duma ,"not a bad thing" because they currently are the best because we can block bad servers and there is no others out there that can do this to my knowledge.  Maybe in the future that will change? who knows.

How would you build a router that can decide what hops it uses?

As that part is controlled by ISP / backbone providers not your router.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

How would you build a router that can decide what hops it uses?

As that part is controlled by ISP / backbone providers not your router.

i'm just a cable guy not an it or networking genius..Maybe through a connection through a cloud based app if its possible to do? dunno guessing here only...

• Administrators
10 hours ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

When can we expect the XR700 users have a go at it? I figured since the XR700 owner base is smaller, I would hope that the ones who do can have a go at it, thank you.

We're ramping up our testing so at the moment its the XR500 and R1, we'll gradually add more testers and bring on the other routers as and when we can/the firmware is stable enough.

1 hour ago, CableGames22 said:

Did see a consistency issue with duma verses the edge router x. Duma is only better in that i can select and block out the bad servers that give me hit detection problems in the first place. other than that a router is a router is a router.. I'm sending the edge router x back. It's also not plug and play. Lastly i'm sure lets say  if another router outfit was to come up with a way to route by way of hops/priority game traffic with least hops on internet connection, to said game servers and a blocking feature to bad servers then that would be a real game changer in routers.

Duma waiting on an update for lest hops routes to game servers for priority game packets? is that possible? is that in the works lol..

We ourselves could not do this easily, however its possible with the use of services that say they have priority routing to game servers. With 3.0 it is much easier for us to bring in more functionality and services. So it is possible in future that you could see something like this in the form of a feature & service if we partnered with a company who offers this.

Hey Fraser,

A while back, I was probably the main person complaining about the lack of IPv6 support, and remember reading that the beta would have that built-up as an important feature, and should apply to get in to primarily test the IPv6 feature-set.  I know, based on what I read, that there wasn't a lot of people looking for that as an important update for that.  I submitted to get in, but wasn't selected, unfortunately. :(

Since IPv6 is so important for the future of the Internet, is there any chance I can pull your leg to get in, just to test out the IPv6 support?

Pretty please? :D

When will the second wave of R1 emails be sent? or how many days / weeks do you plan to send more emails? I wonder which waves will catch, I thought for the first because I sent the application 5 minutes from the announcement of registration to Beta, but unfortunately I did not get it.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

To all of you asking about when you'll be added to the beta:

I'm going to get you all moved to the front of the queue, expect to hear something within the next few days.

When is the xr700 beta starting haven't gotten a email yet 

18 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

To all of you asking about when you'll be added to the beta:

I'm going to get you all moved to the front of the queue, expect to hear something within the next few days.

So, its not first come first serve? I have signed up within the first couple hours and constantly monitoring the forum, didn't want to be impatient and constantly bugging you guys. So now mine is going to be delayed because some people been constantly asking?

3 minutes ago, Kaks07 said:

So, its not first come first serve? I have signed up within the first couple hours and constantly monitoring the forum, didn't want to be impatient and constantly bugging you guys. So now mine is going to be delayed because some people been constantly asking?

No we're just adding some extra people to the first batch. It will still be first come first served, just with some extra people.