ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

1 hour ago, raf1212 said:

a piece of plastic and metal worth 300 euros, which I worked for, so you can get nervous, I don't even care about this beta, I only read and I don't believe what bigger companies do with their consumers,

I bought an XR500 and XR700, paid for what they offered and now they offer us more upgrades at no extra cost.....try upgrading PC software with version changes.
All the hours it takes to develop need time and costs that most cannot be amortized without bringing out a new product. 

Holy crap it's been a hot minute since i've been on this forum! Anyways, I'm really excited to test out this new firmware and I'm gonna try to be on here more often especially with my home internet being.... less than desirable. I run on a ADSL2+ line of 16D/1U and let me tell you... trying to keep bandwidth flowing for a few users is uhh.... frustrating lol. DUMA was the first router that really helped share bandwidth without letting a single device hog it, one of the more frustrating sides to something like OpenWRT. Especially applications like Battle dot net and steam (looking at you multiple connection frames 😑) even after doing some serious tweaking it never seemed to run just how i wanted. I ended up using my Netgear X4S as a fancy AP and plugging back up the DUMA, especially after hearing about 3.0 and all the fancy stuff heading our way. This isn't some fluff paid advertisement nor am i sponsored by them, i just know good software when i see it. To the Netduma team, Thank you all for your hard work and continued patience with your user base especially when we get a little frazzled. You guys have kept cool heads when you've easily had the right to lose it on a few folks, that is stellar customer service right there. I hope you and your families are happy and healthy on the other side of the pond, cheers fella's!

11 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Holy crap it's been a hot minute since i've been on this forum! Anyways, I'm really excited to test out this new firmware and I'm gonna try to be on here more often especially with my home internet being.... less than desirable. I run on a ADSL2+ line of 16D/1U and let me tell you... trying to keep bandwidth flowing for a few users is uhh.... frustrating lol. DUMA was the first router that really helped share bandwidth without letting a single device hog it, one of the more frustrating sides to something like OpenWRT. Especially applications like Battle dot net and steam (looking at you multiple connection frames 😑) even after doing some serious tweaking it never seemed to run just how i wanted. I ended up using my Netgear X4S as a fancy AP and plugging back up the DUMA, especially after hearing about 3.0 and all the fancy stuff heading our way. This isn't some fluff paid advertisement nor am i sponsored by them, i just know good software when i see it. To the Netduma team, Thank you all for your hard work and continued patience with your user base especially when we get a little frazzled. You guys have kept cool heads when you've easily had the right to lose it on a few folks, that is stellar customer service right there. I hope you and your families are happy and healthy on the other side of the pond, cheers fella's!

I get it and all the praise but, that is not going to get you to the front of the six feet apart line, probably with hundreds of people before you and duma only letting one customer in at a time to try the beta lol..

On 6/22/2020 at 9:04 AM, Netduma Alex said:

The Netduma R1 beta hasn't started yet. You'll keep your place in the queue though!

question? what has not started yet? a small beta group or a beta to the masses that own an R1?

56 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

question? what has not started yet? a small group beta or a beta to the masses that own an R1?

I am not included in their group regarding the R1. So take my comment's as only my opinion on the matter. But if I had to guess, the current build they have for the R1, just isn't ready for more testers. When you all see delay's, and things get quiet for a little bit. Just think a little bit. Work is likely being done a good amount, to fix some current issues, before the beta starts.

To be real honest with some of the comments I have seen in this thread. I feel some people expect the beta to be great at the start, and be able to use it, without any issues. People need to calm down their expectations. As the early part of most beta's are pretty buggy, and the hope is none of the bugs are in the "major" category. 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, xfalax said:

I bought an XR500 and XR700, paid for what they offered and now they offer us more upgrades at no extra cost.....try upgrading PC software with version changes.
All the hours it takes to develop need time and costs that most cannot be amortized without bringing out a new product. 

What are you talking about many software companies offer enhancements for free for years.... IOS, Google, Windows 10 was free. Does new hardware come out sure, but i don't buy a new phone every update or a new pc every feature release

11 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

I get it and all the praise but, that is not going to get you to the front of the six feet apart line, probably with hundreds of people before you and duma only letting one customer in at a time to try the beta lol..

I wasn't angling for front of the line, was just saying people should be patient for free stuff. Especially when the current firmware works pretty damn well if you take the time to tweak it out.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, INZANE said:

Have you guys started rolling out XR500 beta version yet I’m still waiting for an email? 😕

Yes there is a small batch of testers testing it right now and more testers will be added gradually so keep an eye out.

11 hours ago, Six7 Tango said:

signed up as soon as it was available any word on how much longer until the XR700 beta for 3.0 ?

Once we've confirmed stability on the XR500 we'll do the 700 as they shouldn't be too dissimilar but the last thing we want to do is spread ourselves too thin.

On 6/20/2020 at 6:52 PM, Klesk said:

I hope I get in, really need the parental controls part of it for my xr500

This.

This is the deal breaker for me,  I was unaware at the time of the purchase the current parental controls on the XR500 are obsolete and also managed by Netgear.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, BushWarrior said:

This.

This is the deal breaker for me,  I was unaware at the time of the purchase the current parental controls on the XR500 are obsolete and also managed by Netgear.

You will be happy with what is in the beta then!

23 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

I wasn't angling for front of the line, was just saying people should be patient for free stuff. Especially when the current firmware works pretty damn well if you take the time to tweak it out.

I agree the the software does work pretty darn good when you tweak it so i'm not hyped like many are for an update that i'm not sure will make it any better than it is now when it comes to lag only through bandwidth allocation, server choice and bad game connections from an isp.. Duma had addressed this when they made the OS years ago.

there is nothing more to add accept polish by bells and whistles. Hell i don't have issues except for too many devices on at once, high cpu usage  and maybe control over devices to lock out the snot nosed son or nerf his connection when he's being big brains. Upgraded to an XR450 only because its newer and i got a renewed through amazon for 139.. I will sell my R1 to a friend after upgrading and keep the XR450..

To end i could be wrong but really only see a repackaging of what already works with some more control over functionality. Nothing new really but don't tell this to anyone who thinks the update will fix the bad isp or maybe bad skills at fps games lol..

I will Test Dumaos If its released again.. at the Moment i have swapped my netduma Router couse it Just dosnt Work Well, or Just for a few hours ..after that i have to restart it so that the Traffic prio work..and iam sick of waiting for a working Firmware without all These Bugs.

The Hardware is fine.. but the current Firmware is a Buggy mess and dont Work Like its promised for me. Sometimes i have the Feeling it even increase the lag

Now i use a edgerouter.. Just Plug and Play and enabled fqcodel +htb and have near perfect hitdetection and No bullshit Moments anymore

6 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

I will Test Dumaos If its released again.. at the Moment i have swapped my netduma Router couse it Just dosnt Work Well, or Just for a few hours ..after that i have to restart it so that the Traffic prio work..and iam sick of waiting for a working Firmware without all These Bugs.

The Hardware is fine.. but the current Firmware is a Buggy mess and dont Work Like its promised for me. Sometimes i have the Feeling it even increase the lag

Now i use a edgerouter.. Just Plug and Play and enabled fqcodel +htb and have near perfect hitdetection and No bullshit Moments anymore

I have Edgerouter X, can it be set on it? If so, can you write in a private message how to do it? I would like to test it.

16 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

I Just have done it Like in the video

I tried these settings from the movie some time ago and unfortunately they did not work in MW. He gets better matches on R1 with DumaOS.