ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Does the R3 have BSS and TWT? BSS Colouring helps mitigate interference in crowded Wi-Fi environments by distinguishing between neighbouring networks, while TWT is a power-saving mechanism that allows devices to schedule their wake times for data transmission and reception, improving energy efficiency, both are parts of Wi-Fi 6

I'll have to ask the team on that one and get back to you.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Mr_Meeseeks said:

i pre-ordered on the 23rd of November when can we expect it to start shipping?

Stock will be arriving sometime in December and we'll be shipping shortly after that, if all goes to plan you should have it by Xmas.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Does the R3 have BSS and TWT? BSS Colouring helps mitigate interference in crowded Wi-Fi environments by distinguishing between neighbouring networks, while TWT is a power-saving mechanism that allows devices to schedule their wake times for data transmission and reception, improving energy efficiency, both are parts of Wi-Fi 6. Shame its not got more memory.

Heard back from a dev, yes they're both supported for both 2.4 & 5GHz.

On 11/23/2023 at 1:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks! Yes it works for devices instead of activity as well.

Sorry to hear that, we could do higher speed ports, WiFi 7, all the latest tech but with that would come a huge price increase. We've always been about getting the most bang for your buck and we feel we've done that here. The vast majority of our community would not be able to actually make use of those features, so then they're paying over the odds to try the new software and other improvements. It doesn't make sense for us to do that at this time, we're only now just getting internet speeds faster than 1Gbps in the UK so it would be quite hard for us to actually test this or get much meaningful feedback. 

I covered it a little on the previous page, this is by no means a complete list but some of the immediate improvements:

1. Improved antennae
  2. Improved ventilation
  3. Addition of WPS
  4. Addition of power button
  5. Overall increased hardware specs (it's actually better than the XR1000 if you're familiar)
  6. Completely new software
  7. Functional RGB - it actually has a purpose as you can see the router is actively prioritizing gaming for example

Even if you're not sold on the R3 that's okay as you'll get to experience DumaOS 4 at a later date on your R2 so still something to be excited about!

Netduma should make a second version a much powerfull with 1 10gbit port and  2.5gbit 6 port wifi6E or wifi 7 like the netgear XR1000 is like the R3 and the XR700 should be like R4 or name it R3 Pro or something I would pay for the huge price increase here in the US internet  provider's now provide fiber optic internet  1GB 2GB and 5GB speeds upload and download . I own the Netduma R1 it was ok but then XR500 Was better but I needed more ports I didn't want to buy a network switch and when the XR700 came out it had everything I needed at the time but now Im looking for the next router that has everything I need.I am sure a lot of people would agree to have a second version like a R4 or R3 Pro I know y'all can make it happen we have faith in NetDuma 

image.png.530f28ea2acd0b2c1b237ab68ce1720c.png

A few questions, what soc you guys using in this router? Also does the wifi support 160mhz width? Would love some details about the soc for sure. 

256mb ram is a very big let-down. 1gb minimum should of been included.

46 minutes ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Sorry if I missed it but who makes the cpu chips? 

Broadcom is the leader and i wouldn't expect anything else for the asking price. But I bet you it's a mediatek soc, doubts if it's qualcomm.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Do not know if this has been asked already but why no support for up to 2 and 5gig internet connections?

I have covered it previously: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/52453-announcement-introducing-the-netduma-r3/?do=findComment&comment=384255

10 hours ago, digz_au said:

A few questions, what soc you guys using in this router? Also does the wifi support 160mhz width? Would love some details about the soc for sure. 

256mb ram is a very big let-down. 1gb minimum should of been included.

It's this one here: https://www.broadcom.com/products/wireless/wireless-lan-infrastructure/bcm6756 yes it does allow for 160 width. 

We have chosen hardware that is more than capable of running DumaOS smoothly. DumaOS 4 is very lean and efficient, it doesn't need a lot of RAM. 1GB would be complete overkill and just increase the price you pay for the router.

3 hours ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Sorry if I missed it but who makes the cpu chips? 

It's the one I linked above - Broadcom.

---

We've added the chip name on the tech specs section on the website - we didn't realize people would be so interested in it!

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I have covered it previously: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/52453-announcement-introducing-the-netduma-r3/?do=findComment&comment=384255

It's this one here: https://www.broadcom.com/products/wireless/wireless-lan-infrastructure/bcm6756 yes it does allow for 160 width. 

We have chosen hardware that is more than capable of running DumaOS smoothly. DumaOS 4 is very lean and efficient, it doesn't need a lot of RAM. 1GB would be complete overkill and just increase the price you pay for the router.

---

We've added the chip name on the tech specs section on the website - we didn't realize people would be so interested in it!

Nice thanks for the info. So it's a cortex a7 based soc. How does it handle gig wan?

Guessing the soc also includes the wifi stuff rather than being separate like in other routers.

I pre-ordered it a day or two ago, can't wait to see it's full potential. Please send me the same model owned by Luke and Ian. You know the version where there's no lag, dedicated servers 24/7 and I'm just impossible to kill. Yeah, that version! 😂 Just teasing guys, congrats on the R3 and I'm happy for its release.🏆🎮

• Administrators
5 hours ago, digz_au said:

Nice thanks for the info. So it's a cortex a7 based soc. How does it handle gig wan?

Guessing the soc also includes the wifi stuff rather than being separate like in other routers.

Pretty good, we haven't had any problem in that regard and we're still working to improve everything.

Yes it handles both.

3 hours ago, HANDSOME KING said:

I pre-ordered it a day or two ago, can't wait to see it's full potential. Please send me the same model owned by Luke and Ian. You know the version where there's no lag, dedicated servers 24/7 and I'm just impossible to kill. Yeah, that version! 😂 Just teasing guys, congrats on the R3 and I'm happy for its release.🏆🎮

Haha if only! Thank you and thanks for purchasing!

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

---

The reason some people ask on CPU manufacturer specs is because a ways back a certain company’s hardware was in fact at the heart of lag and slow downs. I’m sure everyone knows about this by now as this information is years old. 

regardless of this it’s time to turn my ancient XR500 into an access point. 

R3 here I come! Happy holidays everyone ✌🏽🪄🖖🏾🕯️🛸❤️🎊🦃🫘👀💛