ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  1. We will be revealing more information on features like this in the coming weeks
  2. Yes you can split the bands
  3. Yes HybridVPN is still apart of the software and can be used as long as you have an OpenVPN or Wireguard config file from your provider
  4. We're still working on improving it at the moment so it's not set in stone but I'd say in the current state probably 600
  5. WiFi 6 is more about how well the router can cope with a lot of devices all connected to the WiFi at once, ensuring they get great speeds and stability so it will work with split bands
  6. I don't think we have plans for other algorithms given our direction with SmartQoS which is better than a normal algorithm

Going to order one now.

My eero is linked to talktalk running another firmware they won't let you use after the service has ended anyway.

And the only reason I'm using eero is black Friday deals alot of echo dots and echo pops now have wifi mesh capabilities making my upstairs speaker an extender.

As you guys like to make do with "good hardware not the best" to keep prices in check. Have you considered some easy link WiFi extenders at a good price 

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's probably to do with the inclusion of Armor or viewing via HTTPS, the R2 or any of the other XR routers don't have that issue and they run later versions of DumaOS.

Unfortunately not but it will receive 3.3, you can sign up here to be informed when it goes to closed beta: https://forms.gle/oL9ZCHn8tDKHpLbW6

so how much longer will the xr1000 get updates after the 3.3 tho. pre orderd the r3. i was just wondering how much longer is the xr1000 supported for after 3.3 with updates? since its not getting dumaos 4.0? 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, nowmat said:

Pre-ordered as with R2... Mainly for dumaOS 4.0
Could you describe what will be gained from the perspective of a CoD player by switching from R2 to R3?

How does GEOFILTER 2.0 differ from what it is now? website says it in general terms.

STEADY PING (Anti-Jitter) what do I gain from it?
I have a CoD server in Warsaw, ping 15-18ms. Can Anti-Jitter influence better hit detection?

We'll be providing more information about these features over the coming weeks but all the features you have just mentioned will make for a much more stable ping and therefore a better experience overall.

12 hours ago, mohands said:

Is there any plan for gaming vpn like wtfast or killping integration? 

I don't believe so at the moment, it's been suggested before so never say never!

11 hours ago, CRarsenxL said:

I just ordered the R3! 

however, the the R2 have the qos “smartboost” now? Is that the smart qos I see on the forums?

Awesome! Yes in essence the R2 does have an earlier version of Smart Boost, overall though DumaOS 4 which you see on the R3 will also come to the R2.

8 hours ago, Zacc01x said:

I would like to know if you have solved the QoS management of a VLAN/PPPoE connection. since QoS hasn't worked on these connections for years. Thank you!

Yes I believe we have solved this!

6 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

Going to order one now.

My eero is linked to talktalk running another firmware they won't let you use after the service has ended anyway.

And the only reason I'm using eero is black Friday deals alot of echo dots and echo pops now have wifi mesh capabilities making my upstairs speaker an extender.

As you guys like to make do with "good hardware not the best" to keep prices in check. Have you considered some easy link WiFi extenders at a good price 

In regards to your previous posts about the WiFi speeds, I was going off the speeds we were able to achieve in beta but after double checking with the devs I can confirm the WiFi speeds are much higher at gigabit!

That's a good idea, I don't think it's on the radar at the moment but certainly something we could look into.

6 hours ago, noob said:

Hello, can you explain to me if this one will work well because netduma has the reputation of being faulty and bringing nothing to the gameplay, thank you.

If you're having issues I would recommend making a topic and we can help you there as that shouldn't be the case on any of the platforms with DumaOS.

2 hours ago, SuicideReaper420 said:

so how much longer will the xr1000 get updates after the 3.3 tho. pre orderd the r3. i was just wondering how much longer is the xr1000 supported for after 3.3 with updates? since its not getting dumaos 4.0? 

Unclear at the moment but in terms of the big updates, DumaOS 4 is the big one after 3.3 so it is very unlikely you'll see any major DumaOS versions on the XR platforms, more likely to just be bug fixes.

38 minutes ago, euphidra said:

Will QOS work with PPPOE and TIM operator on Netduma R3?

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex @Netduma Lew

Yes it shouldn't be an issue!

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Run_N_Gun_With_My_Netduma said:

This is an appealing development, and I'll eventually order the R3 too. I really want it lol. Two important questions please 🙏.

1. If i order it first week of December (after i get paid lol) and I live in New York USA - will I at least get the R3 this year? Or early 2024 👀?

2. And will dumaOS 4.0 have ping assist included? I remember 3.0 or 2.0 didn't get it at launch, but was added as a legacy feature with an update (OS #.1 or .2 etc). 

Thank you in advance 🙂

Regarding Ping Assist, to correct my previous statement, I've got some clarity from a developer and Ping Assist will be back and better than ever. We'll likely do a whole video on this but you'll be able to set a range, a lower and upper ping limit. It will also be a lot more efficient and keep your servers within that ping range, unlike the existing state of Ping Assist which could allow a server at a higher ping in some cases.

Well as a long suffering XR500 owner im going to give the R3 a go. One thing I do have faith in is the dedication of the Netduma team (Fraser & co) in making regular improvements and supporting the community.

Looking forward to the new features in December.

Fraser a specific question if you can please.  Will the new geofilter v2 help with steam games that use p2P e.g. destiny 2? At the moment it does get you connected to nearest server with some tweaking of polygon areas but still get matched with players from all over the place.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

Well as a long suffering XR500 owner im going to give the R3 a go. One thing I do have faith in is the dedication of the Netduma team (Fraser & co) in making regular improvements and supporting the community.

Looking forward to the new features in December.

Fraser a specific question if you can please.  Will the new geofilter v2 help with steam games that use p2P e.g. destiny 2? At the moment it does get you connected to nearest server with some tweaking of polygon areas but still get matched with players from all over the place.

Thank you for the support, we're sure you'll love it!

You can't control which players connect to which servers, you can only control who you connect to so in that sense probably not

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the support, we're sure you'll love it!

You can't control which players connect to which servers, you can only control who you connect to so in that sense probably not

Ok no problem, thanks for getting back with an answer quickly 👍

First of all, hello to all of you. I just joined you, I use XR500. I ordered it immediately after the R3 introduction yesterday. I can't wait to use it. I hope I can use it before Christmas. I love the Netduma team you are great. 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, mron0903 said:

Will the R3 be wall mountable? 

Yes there are wall mount holes on the underside

17 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

First of all, hello to all of you. I just joined you, I use XR500. I ordered it immediately after the R3 introduction yesterday. I can't wait to use it. I hope I can use it before Christmas. I love the Netduma team you are great. 

Hello! That's great to hear, thank you for the support!

3 hours ago, euphidra said:

Will QOS work with PPPOE and TIM operator on Netduma R3?

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex @Netduma Lew

I can confirm this works, I use PPPOE and super QOS is working amazingly, I am having the best online gaming ever, hit detection has never been like it is now.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Diggitydan said:

Considering the R3 thanks to the poor support from NETGEAR they shipping worldwide this year? I'm UK based so would like to know if I'd be likely to get it before 2024

Thank you

We do ship worldwide but we're based in the UK! We are aiming for Christmas delivery if all goes to plan.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Mr_Meeseeks said:

how long will the R3 be supported for? only for duma OS 4 ?

A long time, we're still supporting the R2 3 years later for example

5 hours ago, nowmat said:

Will DumaOS 4.0 get support for languages other than English, and if so, in which language?

Routers XR has different languages, hence my question...

From the beginning no I doubt it, translation is actually quite an expensive process, that's why it's available on the XR range and not our own. I have requested it so if possible we'll do it.

2 hours ago, zzennnn123 said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Lew @Netduma Alex 

Hello, will you add the option to use the router as an AP (like the xr 1000) since the R2 does not have that option and sometimes you could use it as a repeater, otherwise will the interface have more languages included?

We don't have that option at the moment as the whole point of the router is to be able to use the features but as we have multiple routers now we may do in future.

Does the R3 have BSS and TWT? BSS Colouring helps mitigate interference in crowded Wi-Fi environments by distinguishing between neighbouring networks, while TWT is a power-saving mechanism that allows devices to schedule their wake times for data transmission and reception, improving energy efficiency, both are parts of Wi-Fi 6. Shame its not got more memory.