ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

2 hours ago, franky13 said:

I know asus ROG Rapture GT6 support UNII-4 spectrum have the same price tag as r3

Yeah the soc uses in the r3 is more entry level compared to the offerings from asus. I'm hanging out for the gt-be98 myself.

Can I create a Mesh Network using an existing R2 router?

If no, is there any other router out in the market that can help create Mesh net with R3?

I've had problems with R2 for not having good coverage throughout my house.

3 hours ago, Sameer said:

If no, is there any other router out in the market that can help create Mesh net with R3?

you could connect a router that allows mesh to the r3 via ether net but you would have two separate WIFI networks with the mesh network not having the features of the r3. 

alternatively you could buy two R3's and have two separate wifi networks and label them upstairs and down stair as an example.

and lastly but not the most preferably you could set up wifi repeaters 

8 hours ago, Mr_Meeseeks said:

you could connect a router that allows mesh to the r3 via ether net but you would have two separate WIFI networks with the mesh network not having the features of the r3. 

alternatively you could buy two R3's and have two separate wifi networks and label them upstairs and down stair as an example.

and lastly but not the most preferably you could set up wifi repeaters 

Having 2 R3 routers would create a double Nat situation so may impact some services connected to the second router. 
While there are work arounds it’s not an ideal situation and I would wire up an AP to avoid congestion depending on number and types of clients and their use.

12 hours ago, Sameer said:

Lan to lan ethernet, change r2 ip to something outside of r3 dhcp range and disable dhcp on the r2

Order mine on November 26th,   looking forward to to have it here, had r1 when I was living in Costa Rica, moved to Miami Florida bought R2 now R3 always supporting your products 😀 👍 👌

• Administrators
On 11/27/2023 at 7:10 AM, franky13 said:

An important question R3 have support for UNII-4 spectrum

No it doesn't

23 hours ago, Sameer said:

No you can't do that currently but it's something we're looking into.

17 hours ago, howley6 said:

Just ordered mine and really looking forward to it. I live in Ireland and was just wondering where will my order be shipped from? 

Great to hear that, it will ship from England!

10 hours ago, josh200505 said:

Order mine on November 26th,   looking forward to to have it here, had r1 when I was living in Costa Rica, moved to Miami Florida bought R2 now R3 always supporting your products 😀 👍 👌

Amazing, thank you for the support over the years!

• Administrators
4 hours ago, zzennnn123 said:

@Netduma FraserWhen pre-ordering I see that only the data of the country, city and postal code can be filled in, where the data of the street, house number, etc. would be placed.

That's the basket, once you go to check out you can input your full address

1 hour ago, Anonymous said:

hi mate the only game I play on my play station is efootball 2024. Will I be able to select a server and geofilter? Are there options for our game in Duma OS 4 version?

It'll work just as the R2 works, the Geo-Filter will be improved upon and so you'll get a better experience but there is no specific feature requirements for the game.

45 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Does the R2 & R3 share the same power supply?  Are they interchangeable?

The R3 uses more amperage, I would say that they're probably not compatible but you would receive a new power supply with the R3.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Spdsk8race said:

I know it’s super early to ask and probably a dumb question at the moment, BUT! When are you going to open a beta program for this router?? Lol

If/when we need a firmware beta testing really! We'll see how it goes after launch

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If/when we need a firmware beta testing really! We'll see how it goes after launch

Seeing this a R3 not married to netgear and with the not so new in house testing, is the R3 going to be plagued with extended periods of excessive time between updates? Outside of contract with Netgear getting in the way, there really shouldn’t be anymore excessive gaps between firmware updates correct?!? 

Hi,

I just put the pre-order for R3.

However, on the 2nd line of the address, the browser auto-filled with my previous address.
Rest of the 1st line and the Postcode are all good though.

Is that going to be a problem?

12 hours ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Seeing this a R3 not married to netgear and with the not so new in house testing, is the R3 going to be plagued with extended periods of excessive time between updates? Outside of contract with Netgear getting in the way, there really shouldn’t be anymore excessive gaps between firmware updates correct?!? 

I'm willing to bet that was a very contentious situation. Two different dev teams from two different companies with very different agendas and business philosophies. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, crunkjuice1 said:

I would expect updates to be more frequent than the XR range yes

1 hour ago, Sameer said:

Hi,

I just put the pre-order for R3.

However, on the 2nd line of the address, the browser auto-filled with my previous address.
Rest of the 1st line and the Postcode are all good though.

Is that going to be a problem?

Email us [email protected] with your order number and what the correct address should be. It's worth getting it right so there are no issues when shipped.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Email us [email protected] with your order number and what the correct address should be. It's worth getting it right so there are no issues when shipped.

I reckon the Order Number should be on a seperate confirmation email?
I've not received any confirmation email from netduma yet.

Sorry if I have missed the info elsewhere but what can the r3 handle in comparison to the r2 in terms of pps (packets per second) and qos up/down.

I'm not actually interested at all in terms of the new wifi capabilities as I have access points for that.

So really just trying to see the net benefits of the new r3 for me over the current r2 bar getting duma os 4 earlier.

Thanks in advance

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, pmg said:

Sorry if I have missed the info elsehwhere but what can the r3 handle in comparison to the r2 in terms of pps or qos up/down.

I'm not actually interested at all in terms of the new wifi capabilities as I have access points for that.

So really just trying to see the net benefits of the new r3 for me over the current r2 bar getting duma os 4 earlier.

Thanks in advance

Should be basically gigabit from our testing!