Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

25 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Well, I'm using this software and got everything setup right I think... not working for me (not saying it doesn't work, saying it doesn't work for me)

Defo not ahead of anyone, I'm coming round the corner and getting shot instantly, they see me straight away.

Hit detection isn't any different I don't think neither.

Still advising to give it a try though ;)

EDIT : @blackfirehawk maybe you could post a screen of your settings as I could have it wrong?

how are you connected? a console bridget over a Computer?

i Play on that computer directly.. so i dont know how to setup a Console with that tool..

1443237519_duplicatsetting.PNG.f7b7205b37d46cdb44fa330a8c112a21.PNG

filter.PNG.24862eaeaee92fb68a122e007b434d74.PNG

filtersource.PNG.bacaa78739831cc0f46bf013d485ad77.PNG

364612260_filterdestination.PNG.fdfaeda5e291732c151262198d7947c8.PNG

thats my settings..

you see if it works if you look on that

transferrate tab... it tells you how many pakets are duplicated wen started

working.PNG.2157643593a972f76a38d85b4210ab76.PNG

i think with a console you mustmaybe use bridging setup under tools.. and under filters.. you dont have to set local host

bridgesetup.PNG.f72ae76a72cfe2c29beee84752fe7f72.PNG

all i can say it  works on a pc and you see in the tool that pakets are duplicated

41 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

I'm using Bert's method using Internet Connection Sharing.

I tried bridging but just couldn't get it to work.

35 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Yes internet connection sharing not bridging per say.and youll be able to tell that its working because of the red and green on the Network Flow graph

48 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Make sure the settings are working your console connection. A form to do it is by adding latency on the tool. Then run a ping test on your console before and after turning on the tool, and you will get the answer comparing both results

I've used the settings posted by blackfirehawk and here is my findings/setup.

Device: PC, Location: UK, GeoFilter: UK only, QoS: S3074 > D30000-45000, ABB: Off, Share Excess bandwidth: No.

My ping ingame went up slightly, and did sometimes display near 100ms up from 45ms. However the gameplay has been buttery smooth, my targets seem to feel less spongy. It's the biggest improvement I've seen to my gameplay, except from disabling ABB and turning off share excess bandwidth. Those settings stopped me getting high ping and packet burst when someone was watching Netflix on an amazon firestick.

Going to fiddle around with these settings to see if there are any further improvements that can be made.

25 minutes ago, RaWxDeaL said:

Yes internet connection sharing not bridging per say.and youll be able to tell that its working because of the red and green on the Network Flow graph

20 minutes ago, Grafti said:

Make sure the settings are working your console connection. A form to do it is by adding latency on the tool. Then run a ping test on your console before and after turning on the tool, and you will get the answer comparing both results

Yeah, its working, I can see that coz the graph only fills up when I'm in a match... but alas, it doesn't seem to be having any affect on my gameplay. No enemy is slower, every enemy reacts to me the instant they see me, hit det. is no different.

Does anyone know what are the settings, that are working the best with traffic prioritization for ps4. Ive seen too many things. I honestly don't know much about these things i just want better hit registration. Can someone post a screenshot of the best settings? Please and thank you in advance.

6 hours ago, Glazeko said:

Does anyone know what are the settings, that are working the best with traffic prioritization for ps4. Ive seen too many things. I honestly don't know much about these things i just want better hit registration. Can someone post a screenshot of the best settings? Please and thank you in advance.

If you are having issues then I would recommend some troubleshooting to identify the source. Such as running pingplotter to 8.8.8.8 to test your ping, packet loss and jitter with your current network setup. If that turns out fine or you don't think there is an issue with that then do the following (I would heavily advise against trying to polish a turd when the issue may be something more fundamental with your network).

1. Go to the QOS screen on your XR500.
  2. Go down the page to traffic prioritisation.
  3. Untick DumaOS Classified Games.
  4. Press the add device button and select your device and then select advanced.
  5. Source port start and end should equal the port your COD is using, should be either 3074, 3075 or 3076. For a PS4 I believe it will use 3075.
  6. Destination port start should be 30000 and end port 45000 and select UDP as the protocol.
  7. Hit add device again but reverse the source and destination ports.

Everything else is a little subject so far when it comes to anti-bufferbloat, bandwidth allocation, port forwarding/UPnP, additional/less ports to prioritise and things such as artificial latency, geo-filtering, packet duplication, artificial latency and so on.

Tried out this software again tonight and just like I said yesturday, it makes absolutely no difference to my gameplay.

Its doing it job, the graph is showing the packets are being duplicated but again, its making 0 difference.

The amount of times I've been drop shot by some a*hole tonight tells you everything about how they see me the instant I'm there. I'm not ahead of anyone, no one dies any faster.

Maybe this will only work on PC.

EDIT : In fact, I think it might be putting me behind... every single enemy I've come across tonight has had ridiculously fast reactions. By the time I've aimed at them, they've killed me. Its like all I'm playing against is pro players. The killcams are making it look like they saw me first... every single time.

7 hours ago, Gaffney said:

If you are having issues then I would recommend some troubleshooting to identify the source. Such as running pingplotter to 8.8.8.8 to test your ping, packet loss and jitter with your current network setup. If that turns out fine or you don't think there is an issue with that then do the following (I would heavily advise against trying to polish a turd when the issue may be something more fundamental with your network).

1. Go to the QOS screen on your XR500.
  2. Go down the page to traffic prioritisation.
  3. Untick DumaOS Classified Games.
  4. Press the add device button and select your device and then select advanced.
  5. Source port start and end should equal the port your COD is using, should be either 3074, 3075 or 3076. For a PS4 I believe it will use 3075.
  6. Destination port start should be 30000 and end port 45000 and select UDP as the protocol.
  7. Hit add device again but reverse the source and destination ports.

Everything else is a little subject so far when it comes to anti-bufferbloat, bandwidth allocation, port forwarding/UPnP, additional/less ports to prioritise and things such as artificial latency, geo-filtering, packet duplication, artificial latency and so on.

This is all so confusing 😅😅

I need this simplified into the dummy form

tried it all as mentioned, didnt work.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, blackfirehawk said:

i Play on that computer directly.. so i dont know how to setup a Console with that tool..

1443237519_duplicatsetting.PNG.f7b7205b37d46cdb44fa330a8c112a21.PNG

filter.PNG.24862eaeaee92fb68a122e007b434d74.PNG

filtersource.PNG.bacaa78739831cc0f46bf013d485ad77.PNG

364612260_filterdestination.PNG.fdfaeda5e291732c151262198d7947c8.PNG

thats my settings..

you see if it works if you look on that

transferrate tab... it tells you how many pakets are duplicated wen started

working.PNG.2157643593a972f76a38d85b4210ab76.PNG

i think with a console you mustmaybe use bridging setup under tools.. and under filters.. you dont have to set local host

bridgesetup.PNG.f72ae76a72cfe2c29beee84752fe7f72.PNG

all i can say it  works on a pc and you see in the tool that pakets are duplicated

Tried it all as mentioned. Didnt help. It shows packet duplication but no noticeable improvement.

You don't need to use that.

You can set bridging mode under windows as well. Just select 2 connections and add to bridge.

But I have found that the packets bypass the system, so I can't look at them with wireshark or use that tool. That's why I use Internet Connection Sharing in windows, that way it does work.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:20 PM, Bert said:

4. In DumaOS, forward the CoD ports to the PC andon the PC forward them to the PS4. I typically just leave it on Moderate NAT though.

5. Run that software and what I did was set a filter so it only affects UDP traffic coming from my PS4 by entering the MAC adress of my PS4

6. In my case I need different traffic prioritization rules, I use UDP 60000:65536 - 30000:45000 because this setup changes the source port somehow. 

I get lost at point 4. I know how to open ports from Netduma, but not from PC to Xbox. 
By the way I have Moderate nat on xbox, but the xbox says that is having problems with upnp, and geo philter still don’t show nothing despite I’ve put my PC as console on Netduma :(

On the other hand the gameplay has turned more neutral only by using this kind if connection (I still have not proved de network manager yet). I’m not having great results, but neither disasters. Nearly all my matches my results are 1:1. Seems that is more easy to kill me and I still am a little behind (insta kills...), but at the same time is more easy to kill enemies. Looks like hit markers has turned better

3 hours ago, Glazeko said:

So i applied the setting and my kd went up from 2.46 to 2.53 and i also drop my first 100 bomb.

The game is playing 10x better for me :)

IMG_20200113_010530.jpg

Hello Glazeko, what settings do you use ? Too much informations on this topic 😅

11 hours ago, Glazeko said:

So i applied the setting and my kd went up from 2.46 to 2.53 and i also drop my first 100 bomb.

The game is playing 10x better for me :)

All I can say is everyones connection is different. Might work for some but not for others. Shame it didn't work for me.