Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

4 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

okay, today i testet something.. i use a tool that let me emulate connection issues

Unbenannt.PNG.487c729b23e4a06b9dc805628bfe8429.PNG

this  tool let me add connections issues to my connections or to specific Ports

it let me add 

Latency

Packetloss

Paket Duplication

Paket Reordering

Corruption of Pakets

Limit bandwitch

and i can set upload and Download different

i have testet it the whole morning..after every setting i make a fresh gamestart

and i have come to a conclusion..

Latency isnt the issue.. adding latency both ways just add only latency.. the game itself dosnt improve.. you only get the feeling that you play on a higher latency

Packetloss..  yeah its what it is.. you can how many % latency get lost.. hitdetection sucks really really bad.. beaming around corners.. choppy feeling game is unplayable

Paket reordering/corruption lags like hell.. unplayable

Limit Bandwith... no difference.. under 256kbit its unplayable

what actuell does a big different is follow

Paket Duplication!.. it duplicate every arrived and sendet paket from the game.. (udp port 3074).. every paket is send 2 times.. 

Enemys are slow.. and die like its hardcore.. 3 bullets from a  AK47 .. i had Lanparty feeling.. like iam a second ahead

wish i could record it..but my PC is to slow to record and play at the same time without stutter :(

seems like normal the game suffer from big paketloss.. and you get only a paketloss warning under 12 pakets/sec ..

so maybe some pakets are going lost on the way to client.... or the game itself has a problem with the paketflow and discard some pakets 

but aktuell the gameplay feeling and the feeling a secound behind is becouse of lost/discarded pakets and the game trys to compensate for that and calculate the enemy movement wrong

i will try to record a gameplay this evening..

Do you this on your pc and play with your PS4?? You connect the PS4 through pc or direct to the router??

13 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

okay, today i testet something.. i use a tool that let me emulate connection issues

Unbenannt.PNG.487c729b23e4a06b9dc805628bfe8429.PNG

this  tool let me add connections issues to my connections or to specific Ports

it let me add 

Latency

Packetloss

Paket Duplication

Paket Reordering

Corruption of Pakets

Limit bandwitch

and i can set upload and Download different

i have testet it the whole morning..after every setting i make a fresh gamestart

and i have come to a conclusion..

Latency isnt the issue.. adding latency both ways just add only latency.. the game itself dosnt improve.. you only get the feeling that you play on a higher latency

Packetloss..  yeah its what it is.. you can how many % latency get lost.. hitdetection sucks really really bad.. beaming around corners.. choppy feeling game is unplayable

Paket reordering/corruption lags like hell.. unplayable

Limit Bandwith... no difference.. under 256kbit its unplayable

what actuell does a big different is follow

Paket Duplication!.. it duplicate every arrived and sendet paket from the game.. (udp port 3074).. every paket is send 2 times.. 

Enemys are slow.. and die like its hardcore.. 3 bullets from a  AK47 .. i had Lanparty feeling.. like iam a second ahead

wish i could record it..but my PC is to slow to record and play at the same time without stutter :(

seems like normal the game suffer from big paketloss.. and you get only a paketloss warning under 12 pakets/sec ..

so maybe some pakets are going lost on the way to client.... or the game itself has a problem with the paketflow and discard some pakets 

but aktuell the gameplay feeling and the feeling a secound behind is becouse of lost/discarded pakets and the game trys to compensate for that and calculate the enemy movement wrong

i will try to record a gameplay this evening..

I tried this out bridging the connection from my laptop to my ps4 and OMG U FIXED MY LAG COMP🥳🥳🥳i havent went negative since trying this...i tried the other ones and like you,the instadeath started again..went back to duplicating my packets and i was back to wrecking...i made a party leave and call me a sweat tonight because of my titan thermal setup to counter their reavers and vmps but o well....THANK YOU THANK YOU 🥳🥳🥳👍👍👍👍

Ps this feature would be great on duma os.the deaths feel fair and the killcam actually matches the deaths now..ive been on for a few hours,i dont believe this is placebo.will update tomorrow

2 hours ago, RaWxDeaL said:

I tried this out bridging the connection from my laptop to my ps4 and OMG U FIXED MY LAG COMP🥳🥳🥳i havent went negative since trying this...i tried the other ones and like you,the instadeath started again..went back to duplicating my packets and i was back to wrecking...i made a party leave and call me a sweat tonight because of my titan thermal setup to counter their reavers and vmps but o well....THANK YOU THANK YOU 🥳🥳🥳👍👍👍👍

Ps this feature would be great on duma os.the deaths feel fair and the killcam actually matches the deaths now..ive been on for a few hours,i dont believe this is placebo.will update tomorrow

pls do me favor and make a videoclip.. my mw2019 always crash with a dev error if i try  to record  :(

and hell yeah this feature  really should in the next duma os! @Netduma Alex we need a Paket duplication feature for in and outgoing traffic!  

its enough wenn its only the priorisized ports traffic duplikate!

i had a gread evening yesterday.. sure it dosnt help against bullshit deaths (shipment.. wrong spawns.. wrong weapon balancing.. random nades) or very good players that are in a better position with a better weapon choise

but it feels like i can finaly enjoy that game

no insta Death anymore.. no WTF moments. something i have struggle for years

seems like there is many paketloss in this game.. dont know its from the connection or from the game itself.. 

the game is designet with variable tickrate.. so i think under like 10-12hz the game dosnt show you paketloss..the game just tries to compensate for that and predict many.. and thats  the reason its soo  desync sometimes

the paketburst icon appears wenn the game cant process pakets and discard them.. like a Bufferoverflow .. or bad timing.. i dont know

4 hours ago, RaWxDeaL said:

how did you setup dumos os for the playstation when running through pc and the program?

14 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Surely it would affect your entire network thus should affect your console without bridging to your PC... right? (Could be wrong, a little over my head probably lol)

Prehaps you could do the same thing with Putty? It can increase latency, duno what else exactly it can do.

No it doesn't. I have the same tool.

It affects whatever connection on the PC you select. So if you have 2 network cards or 1x NIC and 1x wifi you can set it to affect whichever you want.

The program also has filter options. So you can set it to affect a certain IP or MAC adress. Like that way I can set CoD to run at 256kbit while the rest of my stuff retains full bandwidth, when used with a console and internet connection sharing.

Mine is not the pro version but the standard so can't test packet duplication.

28 minutes ago, Bert said:

No it doesn't. I have the same tool.

It affects whatever connection on the PC you select. So if you have 2 network cards or 1x NIC and 1x wifi you can set it to affect whichever you want.

The program also has filter options. So you can set it to affect a certain IP or MAC adress. Like that way I can set CoD to run at 256kbit while the rest of my stuff retains full bandwidth, when used with a console and internet connection sharing.

Mine is not the pro version but the standard so can't test packet duplication.

yeah.. i have a crack for that tool if you want

i can PM you

3 minutes ago, basKETcaSe said:

Cheating and piracy, nice.

image.jpeg.2770f8a14a8f7ce909c5e71a6478f53c.jpeg

for that piracy.. sure you can blame me.. but i dont pay 180 dollar for testing if i dont know if it works... if i would know a freeware to use i would use it

Cheating.. i dont know its cheating.. sure it improves the connection and make a better gameplay.. but on the other hand the game itself has many problems with connections and it dosnt make you a better gamer.. you still have to play .. this is not like a aimbot or a wallhack.. it  just deliver the pakets a second time to the server.. pakets that shouldn´t get lost to beginn with

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

There is a freeware tool called Clumsy 0.2 but it's not as reliable I found. It doesn't work well at some versions of windows 10.

yeah.. i have tried Clumsy.. COD instant Crash and dosnt start till i restart the whole PC

maybe it work with bridget connections but i dont know

Yeah I have seen that, it's probably anticheat measure. I have a copy of BO3 multiplayer edition on my PC and it crashes as well when you launch it. Because it can potentially be used for lagswitching.

5 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

pls do me favor and make a videoclip.. my mw2019 always crash with a dev error if i try  to record  :(

and hell yeah this feature  really should in the next duma os! @Netduma Alex we need a Paket duplication feature for in and outgoing traffic!  

its enough wenn its only the priorisized ports traffic duplikate!

i had a gread evening yesterday.. sure it dosnt help against bullshit deaths (shipment.. wrong spawns.. wrong weapon balancing.. random nades) or very good players that are in a better position with a better weapon choise

but it feels like i can finaly enjoy that game

no insta Death anymore.. no WTF moments. something i have struggle for years

seems like there is many paketloss in this game.. dont know its from the connection or from the game itself.. 

the game is designet with variable tickrate.. so i think under like 10-12hz the game dosnt show you paketloss..the game just tries to compensate for that and predict many.. and thats  the reason its soo  desync sometimes

the paketburst icon appears wenn the game cant process pakets and discard them.. like a Bufferoverflow .. or bad timing.. i dont know

I will try to upload a clip from black ops 4..mw i cant play cuz it shuts my ps4 down whenever i get to multiplayer menu

5 hours ago, slickrick6922 said:

how did you setup dumos os for the playstation when running through pc and the program?

Im not even connected to my xr500,im wirelessly connected to my isp modem router thru my laptop bridged to my ps4

5 hours ago, slickrick6922 said:

I have the same question (xbox one in my case).

I managed to share connection from pc to console, but I’m having nat problems and geophilter is empty when I play.

What I get from one side, I lose from another

6 minutes ago, RaWxDeaL said:

Im not even connected to my xr500,im wirelessly connected to my isp modem router thru my laptop bridged to my ps4

How you manage to get into netduma settup? (Geophilter f.e.)

1 hour ago, Grafti said:

How you manage to get into netduma settup? (Geophilter f.e.)

It's quite easy actually.

Set your PC as games console in DumaOS and the geofilter just works as it should.

That is if you use the internet sharing feature. If you use bridge mode the XR500 will see the PS4 as if it's connected to the router. But I had issues to get that software to work with bridge mode and also wireshark didn't work right. I believe that it is because I have a wrong NPCAP driver but I have never tried to solve it.

So:

1. Use a second network card in your PC, or use wifi as hotspot, or use wifi to connect to your router. I just bought a 1Gbit USB network card to experiment with this for 10 bucks.

2. Go in windows, right click your connection that you have connected to the router and enable sharing, with the other connection set up. Under advanced you can also add ports to forward

3. Set up your PS4 connection as you normally would.

4. In DumaOS, forward the CoD ports to the PC andon the PC forward them to the PS4. I typically just leave it on Moderate NAT though.

5. Run that software and what I did was set a filter so it only affects UDP traffic coming from my PS4 by entering the MAC adress of my PS4

6. In my case I need different traffic prioritization rules, I use UDP 60000:65536 - 30000:45000 because this setup changes the source port somehow. 

Well, I'm using this software and got everything setup right I think... not working for me (not saying it doesn't work, saying it doesn't work for me)

Defo not ahead of anyone, I'm coming round the corner and getting shot instantly, they see me straight away.

Hit detection isn't any different I don't think neither.

Still advising to give it a try though ;)

EDIT : @blackfirehawk maybe you could post a screen of your settings as I could have it wrong?