Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

On 8/24/2020 at 3:32 AM, East said:

As yourself something...how is he keeping up using the most difficult gun in the game?

I haven't been here on the forum for a while but I received a PM asking for help and linked to this thread, so it's funny to see talk about TGD on here. Not sure what you're referring to when you say most difficult (surely not the firecap) but here you go :) he's been beasting since he played MW3 on a laptop. All of his "proof cams" are used live on stream and he's been doing them since MW3, but he gets a lot more hackusations now he's starting to become more known. He's easily a top 5 player worldwide. 

7 hours ago, tehwayne said:

When cod is on a moderate nat type upnp looks like this 

Screenshot_20200825-013257.png

Hey :) just a heads up: I only ever saw a ton of random ports with an external port something other than 3074 if I was using WiFi and my wired IP had already "occupied" that 3074-3074 connection. Were you accidentally using WiFi at the time? 😅

I should clarify that's why I would get an open NAT when wired but if forgot to get off WiFi when booting up the game it'd always be moderate for that reason. UPnP would seemingly never be able to "release" that 3074-3074 connection unless I rebooted the router to wipe the UPnP list and then restarted the game.

1 hour ago, tehwayne said:

I was using lan but I set port forwarding with the 3074 port  to a different ip other than my ps4 with upnp off reboot the router then turned upnp back on and started cod and saw those ports  

Yeah this typically only used to be an issue when I forwarded ports manually to a specific IP, and then of course an IP change would affect the NAT. But I can't explain why it happens on UPnP too lol. Surely it should refresh and release depending on which IP needs said ports? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UPnP has been buggy on DumaOS though so I went back to old firmware after a while. 

8 hours ago, RL317 said:

I haven't been here on the forum for a while but I received a PM asking for help and linked to this thread, so it's funny to see talk about TGD on here. Not sure what you're referring to when you say most difficult (surely not the firecap) but here you go :) he's been beasting since he played MW3 on a laptop. All of his "proof cams" are used live on stream and he's been doing them since MW3, but he gets a lot more hackusations now he's starting to become more known. He's easily a top 5 player worldwide. 

Yes, I was looking at those and couldn't find how he has his PC setup.  In particular the mouse.  I have the same mouse/pad and cannot get consistent tracking like he does.  Where it "snaps to target".  It does it intermittently for me and wanted to know what he did to fix it on his end. 

Another thought is there isn't any difference between the wired and wireless 502 Lightspeed vs the Wired (Hero) that I know of that would make a difference. 

57 minutes ago, East said:

Yes, I was looking at those and couldn't find how he has his PC setup.  In particular the mouse.  I have the same mouse/pad and cannot get consistent tracking like he does.  Where it "snaps to target".  It does it intermittently for me and wanted to know what he did to fix it on his end. 

Another thought is there isn't any difference between the wired and wireless 502 Lightspeed vs the Wired (Hero) that I know of that would make a difference. 

He snaps to target because he's a very high sens player with a ton of experience, while with his old setup and the desk he used he was forced to run 4k dpi and high sens with his mouse on his keyboard shelf as his keyboard covered half of his small mouse pad. Actually he's halved his sens since moving from MW3 to MW because he's got a new setup lol. I hope the video clip I'm attaching from my phone files goes through because it shows that old setup he had to git gud with after upgrading from a laptop. 

He was shadow banned because the system is automated and dependent on how many noobs report you. Infinity Ward contacted him, watched his streams and videos, and readded him to regular matchmaking rather than hardware banning him because there was nothing fishy found. In fact he was shadow banned again less than three hours after being contacted by them only because of this ridiculous report system LOL

He had the wired G502 himself for years but Logitech sponsored him to try out the "cut the cord" challenge with the Lightspeed and he agrees there's little, if any, difference between the two :)

3 hours ago, RL317 said:

He snaps to target because he's a very high sens player with a ton of experience, while with his old setup and the desk he used he was forced to run 4k dpi and high sens with his mouse on his keyboard shelf as his keyboard covered half of his small mouse pad. Actually he's halved his sens since moving from MW3 to MW because he's got a new setup lol. I hope the video clip I'm attaching from my phone files goes through because it shows that old setup he had to git gud with after upgrading from a laptop. 

He was shadow banned because the system is automated and dependent on how many noobs report you. Infinity Ward contacted him, watched his streams and videos, and readded him to regular matchmaking rather than hardware banning him because there was nothing fishy found. In fact he was shadow banned again less than three hours after being contacted by them only because of this ridiculous report system LOL

He had the wired G502 himself for years but Logitech sponsored him to try out the "cut the cord" challenge with the Lightspeed and he agrees there's little, if any, difference between the two :)

Ah yes, I recall.  However, I thought he was using some sort of special Logitech profile for the mouse to get consistent target acquisition.  I'm very familiar with and have excellent muscle memory.  However, there are times when the mouse fails to do what I expect.  Sometimes overshooting and undershooting my intended target.  However, muscle memory is the same when all was well the match before.  When I play some other match everything is fine and head glitchers don't have a chance with me, for example.  So I know I have good muscle memory. 

So, it's a question of some settings in the logitech software?

Perhaps a tweak in win10?

Is one mouse sensor better then another?  PMW3366 vs hero?

Something else?

On 8/26/2020 at 3:05 AM, East said:

Ah yes, I recall.  However, I thought he was using some sort of special Logitech profile for the mouse to get consistent target acquisition.  I'm very familiar with and have excellent muscle memory.  However, there are times when the mouse fails to do what I expect.  Sometimes overshooting and undershooting my intended target.  However, muscle memory is the same when all was well the match before.  When I play some other match everything is fine and head glitchers don't have a chance with me, for example.  So I know I have good muscle memory. 

So, it's a question of some settings in the logitech software?

Perhaps a tweak in win10?

Is one mouse sensor better then another?  PMW3366 vs hero?

Something else?

Aside from just aim, acceleration maybe? Idk... I'm not 100% on all of the potential variables. He doesn't use any special settings. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/18/2019 at 3:20 AM, ugotstretched said:

The game has a built in hit registration software that has many variables, thats why one game you can do great and the next your gun is all over the place.  Making your connection better does not help this game code, finding a way to slow down packet rates is key.  Thats why players with fiber struggle so much and players with basic cable networks dont as much.  On my connection the gm runs like a ferrari so fast sometimes its hard to even aim at someone moving.  But if i play on a dsl line its like players are slower and aim stickier.  real crap

When you say slow down packet rates, you mean fragment packets aka MTU. MTU is 1467 in router and MTU on PS5 is 1473

On 1/12/2021 at 2:55 PM, fiefo said:

When you say slow down packet rates, you mean fragment packets aka MTU. MTU is 1467 in router and MTU on PS5 is 1473

No what i mean is bandwidth transmission.  Mtu does nothing, if you use an old stable router sometimes that works

On 1/14/2021 at 12:07 PM, fiefo said:

Xr1000 isn’t stable.....?

Yes it is, what im saying is, people with better router better internets gel lag compensation added on then in gm.  Google lag compensation.  So your probably better off playing with a shit router

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, Seye said:

anti-bufferfloat :always

qos download 15% upload 10%

Confirmed working use what works for you.

MVIMG_20200213_212109.jpg

Does this throttle all of your devices though on the network to 15% 10%?

Also is the Congestion Control setting the Anti-Bufferbloat setting?

i've seen people say they set it to never and still move the slider % but when i set congestion control to never i cannot move the sliders.

23 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Yes and Yes :)

So if i just wanted to throttle my connection and not all my devices. 

Would i use the Upload and Download QoS, and set the download rate of my computer to something of 5%. 

Any way to do it specific to ports? 

Funny thing I noticed when I am playing Call of Duty, the Network monitor doesn't show any of my speeds using 'Gaming', instead will show it all as either Web or Uncategorized. 

So I feel like limiting 'Gaming' in QoS to a specific % of my download/upload would have no affect. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2020 at 4:26 AM, blackfirehawk said:

I Play on PC with a I7 [email protected] GHz.. 32GB RAM and a 1080TI .. getting about 150-180 FPS on 1440P.. 

Gsync dosnt Work well with MW2019.. it make the Game feels very sluggish..

I tried capping FPS.. with different Limiters.. the best is rtss

But for Connection is dosnt make any differents.. Sure you get a smoother gameplay.. a better Mouse respons.. 

But the Feeling of beeing a secound behind is Not related to FPS

You can tune some settings in Windows itself..

Paket offloading, flow Control.. RSC and Interrupt Moderation...

Thats becouse windows is optimized for getting a high bandwitch with the lowest possible CPU usage.. and Not for Low latency

Tuning this settings Helps your hitdetection big.. every bullet i fire seems to Count..

But again its dosnt Help against beeing a sec behind. 

I think the Problem is Server related.. some Matches i shred people becouse iam half a sec ahead and all enemys feel slow..

Other Matches i cant win a gunfight i should have won becouse of Position and weapon. Enemy Just Turn around and its seems Like He oneshot me with a weapon thats need about 4-5 bullets in that range

Leave offloads enabled. Newer nics are faster . But I’ll hear you out on the RSS and queues. 

RSS queues depends on the CPU you are using. Ideally you should keep the maximum amount of queues equal to the amount of physical cores you have available.

For modern day PC's it's a non issue though as a single core would be able to handle the datastream for a 1Gbit NIC.

• 1 year later...

This is a great thread that has been buried and it deserves a BUMP.......

I still use the values suggested to prioritize  ports for Call of Duty, I was just wondering if anyone has found any other ports/tweaks  that improve gameplay?

I've played around with lowering band width to my Series X .5 up 5 down and also altering MTU but not really noticed much of a difference.

Thanks