Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

@ugotstretched

That's opening ports so you have open nat.  This is something else.  This is prioritizing packets using traffic prioritization. The reason for this is because Activision doesn't list all the ports their servers use.  We are looking for those ports as it adds to better hit registration and you will be on time with the server.  It won't make you a better player.  For example, if you want to run/gun you have to have a tweaked smg.  If you want to defend, camp, cover a strategic area you need to tweak your assault rifle, etc. Know the spawn points, have great aim, etc.

@Rodney Rosado

You use either/or

I will say that there are plenty of players out there that never had this issue.  Even if you notice improvements don't think you got the jump of people as much at you think.  Some always had this level of hit rego/timing.

What 

4 minutes ago, East said:

@ugotstretched

That's opening ports so you have open nat.  This is something else.  This is prioritizing packets using traffic prioritization. The reason for this is because Activision doesn't list all the ports their servers use.  We are looking for those ports as it adds to better hit registration and you will be on time with the server.  It won't make you a better player.  For example, if you want to run/gun you have to have a tweaked smg.  If you want to defend, camp, cover a strategic area you need to tweak your assault rifle, etc. Know the spawn points, have great aim, etc.

@Rodney Rosado

You use either/or

I will say that there are plenty of players out there that never had this issue.  Even if you notice improvements don't think you got the jump of people as much at you think.  Some always had this level of hit rego/timing.

What if i traffic prioritize 1-65535 for tcp udp on both incoming and outgoing?

3 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

What 

What if i traffic prioritize 1-65535 for tcp udp on both incoming and outgoing?

From my tests, others can chime in, it didn't work.  I had to narrow the ports down.  That's when I begin to start to see a difference.  If it works for you go for it.   But for me, I always notice I was behind my teammates and it still took longer for my TTK. Not sure why that is.  Also, setting Anti buffer bloat to never helped me immensely!

Funny too because even though activision tells you set open all those ports the only port that UpnP recognize is 3074 (for others it's 3075).  I never saw those other ports open up.  But opening them up via port forwarding did nothing either (at least for me). And, I'm talking going back to BO4.

2 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

Does anti bufferbloat affect this like having 70% silders etc

I cannot say.  For me MW doesn't like Anti buffer bloat.  So I set it to never and just use QOS to adjust up/down speeds. I do believe you have to have Goodput checked in ABB.

Using the exact ports seems to work much better for me as well.. Using a range of ports did not give the same effect. And I usually just prioritize UDP ports. But it wouldn't hurt to experiment using both.. This really comes down to experimenting what works for each person. But using the actual port number seems to render better performance.

Zippy.

9 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

Does anti bufferbloat affect this like having 70% silders etc

Rodney, I would start high with your sliders then work your way down. If you over buffer your connection that also seems to have a negative effect.  Personally I rarely use buffer Bloat Control. Or if I do use it I set my sliders very high. Like 98% up and down..

Zippy.

Just now, Zippy said:

Rodney, I would start high with your sliders then work your way down. If you over buffer your connection that also seems to have a negative effect.  Personally I rarely use buffer Bloat Control. Or if I do use it I set my sliders very high. Like 98% up and down..

Zippy.

Exactly what I did.  Thanks for clarifying that.

1 minute ago, East said:

Exactly what I did.  Thanks for clarifying that.

No worries. Seems like we are on the same sheet of music! Good to see there is something somewhat consistent about this.. lol.. We share the same thoughts and settings! 👍

Zippy.

3 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

My connect is a 1ms to 2ms fiber just modern warfare feels weird at times

Rodney if your on Fiber connection then I would try to not use ABB. How many devices do you have connected to your router?

Zippy.

3 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

So the ports i use tcp or UDP

Some use both. I personally have only been using UDP. Experiment with this. Try both then try UDP.. See if one way or another performs better for you.. 

Zippy.

I have 8 

Honestly then I would just allocate more bandwidth to your gaming pc or whatever it is your gaming on..Hope that makes sense. Your bandwidth allocation is the flower. Btw welcome to the forum.. Seems like you might be new here! 👍

Zippy.

Yes im new lol im giving extra bandwidth to xbox one x

Well welcome!! Im also gaming on the Xbox One X. Try that and see how your gaming goes. Don't be afraid to experiment a bit with giving more or less.. You will find everyone is going to have theres set a little different.. There really is no magical setting. If you have questions or need help feel free to ask! 

Zippy.

21 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

With traffic prioritization can i set a number of rules? Or only one at a time?  Im assuming i can do multiple as you give multiple ports

Thers 4 rules you need to make east poted above but i will again

Rule 1  source 3074-3075 destination 30000-45000  udp

Rule 2  source 30000-45000  destination 3074-3075 udp

Rule 3  source 3074-3075  destination 3100-3500  udp

Rule 4  source 3100-3500  destination 3074-3075 udp

This is how i recomend you do it

sorry i made a mistake here but i just fixed it

1 hour ago, kinel said:

Thers 4 rules you need to make east poted above but i will again

Rule 1  source 3074-3075 destination 30000-45000  udp

Rule 2  source 30000-45000  destination 3074-3075 udp

Rule 3  source 3074-3075  destination 3100-3150  udp

Rule 4  source 3100-3150  destination 3074-3075 udp

This is how i recomend you do it

i assume this is correct?

Screenshot_20191205-015819_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191205-015809_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, East said:

I cannot say.  For me MW doesn't like Anti buffer bloat.  So I set it to never and just use QOS to adjust up/down speeds. I do believe you have to have Goodput checked in ABB.

Black Ops 4 no longer seems to like QoS neither. My TTK is always higher and my movement is slower while using QoS whether it be on the Duma or OpenWRT.

Most annoying thing about that is finding the right setting would stop 'shoot first die first' and now, nothing stops that from happening.