Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

5 hours ago, Sable said:

Yea it’s every lobby, It’s not that I’m struggling it’s just a lot of them moments where you kill 1 and they all come swarm you, irritating.

Thats another reason why running and gunning isn't viable in this game. Everyone runs around holding hands every damn match.

If I kill one, 95% of the time I'm instadead a second later and if you manage to get the two guys, there always seems to be a third.

I've found it's when I play with with friends that I always finish down, I get that second behind feeling. When I play OK my own though, same settings, it plays great, 2-3 ratio every time. Don't know why, it's frustrating. 

Ok so tp seems to work the majority of the time. Night and day difference and with caddy to automate the process it's even more user friendly. My question is why? Why does this make the drastic difference? Isn't the netduma routers supposed to do this anyway if set correctly? The cod series has never played as well for me as it does now and I've played since 1 on pc, mohaa before that and quake and ut99. Opinions? Thoughts?

7 hours ago, slugg said:

Ok so tp seems to work the majority of the time

Excuse my ignorance, what is tp?

Yesterday I played a few matches throtling connection (or whatever it writes), with Caddy and forcing spanish servers. The feelings were not perfect, but neither bad.

Of course, there were matches in witch I had to leave because they were totally unplayable, but there were A LOT less than before.

I knew that things were not bad because after 1 hour and half of playing, I did not rage. Still don't have the feeling of a fixed connection, but in progress.

I want to ask you guys something:  noticed that when the game is searching for a lobby and puts me in one in wich I'm all alone and other players begin to enter till the lobby is full, this games plays really bad. Is much better when the game puts me in a lobby that it's almost full, or even the game is started. Do you feel the same?

3 hours ago, Grafti said:

I want to ask you guys something:  noticed that when the game is searching for a lobby and puts me in one in wich I'm all alone and other players begin to enter till the lobby is full, this games plays really bad. Is much better when the game puts me in a lobby that it's almost full, or even the game is started. Do you feel the same?

Nope. Them matches feel no different from any other.

essayer pour voir de revenir a la version 1.03.5 de mon netduma r1 car avec version 1.03.6 beaucoup trop de retard résultat très flagrant des la premier partie  un net avantages en duel plus de retard met de l avance miracle thank god

#sable

When you was throttling your speeds to 100 kbs

Where you playing on peer to peer connection

As what i noticed ages ago with under 2mb upload i was only getting peer to peer games

• 5 months later...

hahaha.jpg

So there are bot lobbies in the game.  This might explain why you get those easy matches.

However, it does not explain how this youtuber is playing with level 10 bot/lower skilled players getting nukes. 

At this point I seriously doubt the problem is with the router for this game. 

17 minutes ago, East said:

hahaha.jpg

So there are bot lobbies in the game.  This might explain why you get those easy matches.

However, it does not explain how this youtuber is playing with level 10 bot/lower skilled players getting nukes. 

At this point I seriously doubt the problem is with the router for this game. 

He boosts, everyone knows it. No different from that moron KS.

The question is how are they doing it? We don't see level 10's playing in our lobbies. The lowest is 55.  So how is he finding level 10's and playing up with them?

I can only assume that if you played on the same lobbies as those clowns play in no one would have problems with their netduma router.

56 minutes ago, East said:

The question is how are they doing it? We don't see level 10's playing in our lobbies. The lowest is 55.  So how is he finding level 10's and playing up with them?

I can only assume that if you played on the same lobbies as those clowns play in no one would have problems with their netduma router.

Probably session joins on a smurf account.

Yeah they are not the only ones doing it.  Some of the videos I see make the other players look like bots.  I'm curious to know how they are getting in those lobbies because even if you try to piggyback of a low rank/0.XX KD player SBMM is still in effect.

I've only experienced a handful of matches were I felt like either my team were bots or the other team were bots.  Doing things that made no sense. 

Like crawl walking from a spawn point.  Hiding in the corner and looking the opposite way.  Being oblivious to teammates and opponents but seems to follow a specific path. 

Trigger bot like aiming all of a sudden.  And they either don't have any mics or will not respond to vocal/text chat.

wut.jpg

I wanted to post the results of this match.  I couldn't figure out why we were having a problem beating this team.  I had absolutely no problem with the other team.  Yet my team mates struggled, really struggled with them.  We initially lead.  Then we tied the match 4 times. 

It's the way they have sbmm in this game.  And I know I've been on the other side of this but I simply quite.  Problem is, now, they give you a loss when you quite a match.  That didn't happen before.  But I digress.  What appears to be happening is that they have some sort of ADVANCE SBMM that is tailored per player.  So no more equal SBMM were everyone sweats. 

Even though the other team had very low k/d's they were no slouch.  But I could handle them none the less.  Problem was my teammates were total cannon fodder.

They did enough to keep the game close but sbmm was simply kicking them a new one in that match.  So again, I don't think it's the router that's the problem.  Sometimes it's like this and other times I simply quite out the match because I can tell something's not right.  My aim is sluggish, hit rego is off and I seem to be a second behind when a player pops around a corner.

3 hours ago, East said:

wut.jpg

I wanted to post the results of this match.  I couldn't figure out why we were having a problem beating this team.  I had absolutely no problem with the other team.  Yet my team mates struggled, really struggled with them.  We initially lead.  Then we tied the match 4 times. 

It's the way they have sbmm in this game.  And I know I've been on the other side of this but I simply quite.  Problem is, now, they give you a loss when you quite a match.  That didn't happen before.  But I digress.  What appears to be happening is that they have some sort of ADVANCE SBMM that is tailored per player.  So no more equal SBMM were everyone sweats. 

Even though the other team had very low k/d's they were no slouch.  But I could handle them none the less.  Problem was my teammates were total cannon fodder.

They did enough to keep the game close but sbmm was simply kicking them a new one in that match.  So again, I don't think it's the router that's the problem.  Sometimes it's like this and other times I simply quite out the match because I can tell something's not right.  My aim is sluggish, hit rego is off and I seem to be a second behind when a player pops around a corner.

CoD Always had some sort of Skill Based Teambalance.. the best Player get Always in the Same Team as the worst Player to even Out a Lobby . Thats nothing new and the way it works for years now.

One Team is Always the best with the worst and the other Team is filled with medium skilled Players.

But Sometimes its hard to Play Alone against 6 medium skilled Players where your Team get slaughtered and Feed them killstrikes..

The only way to Beat that system is to Play with Friends

On 12/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, East said:

This thread (and others) is created to assist those who are having chronic hit rego and lag movement issues in which the game is simply not enjoyable.   It was determined that there are port ranges that need to be placed in traffic prioritization that are not listed by the games developers.  The point to this is that by prioritizing those ports one would have better hit registration and overall better fluidity in the game(s) you play. 

The information provided to you is not a final on the research presented so far.  Furthermore, testing is ongoing.  It take this community as a whole to help gather more data/input to determine what works and what doesn't.  Please keep that in mind when reading this thread.  Thanks

Ok here is a list of ports you want to test for Traffic Prioritization as discussed in this thread:

1. Reboot modem.  Next reboot your router (if you don't have any double nat issues if you do go to step 2, 1st).

2. Make sure you don't have double NAT (google how to check). However you can do either a tracert or check your router to see if you are using a private or public ip.  If private more then likely you have double nat.  In order to compensate for double nat you will need to use your modem to place your router in DMZ (google how to).  Afterwards you may need to reboot your modem then your router again in order for it to take effect. 

3. For your XR router make sure you Disable DumaOS Classified Games.

4. Uncheck Shared Excess for both download and upload from Bandwidth Allocation. Make sure that your Down/Up Bandwidth is correct. Do a speed test with just your modem to verify.

5. Delete all existing rules if you haven't added these before.

6. Set Anti-Buffer Bloat settings to both 100 and set it to never.  (for me even on "Never" I'm still capped to ABB slider for up/down).  Test this to see if you notice any improvement.  If not re-enable it. R1 users may want to keep ABB. For me, having tested this in several matches I am now "on time" with the server and on par with other players.  No more .5 seconds behind other players.

7. Make sure that the port for your console is actually in Upnp. Take note of it (it's usually 5 digit number).  Make sure that port corresponds with your console and not some other device.  It has been suggested to tie in that rule along within Traffic Prioritization to 3074-3075. Like this: Source: (port to your console) -> Destination: 3074-3075 and vise versa for your other rule. Results have been inconclusive and more testing is needed to determine if there is any impact doing so.  I've read that tying in your console port to the actual port ranges as well in both source and destination and destination to source. But again, further research is needed to determine if this actually works or not. 

8. Adjust Bandwidth Allocation as needed.

9. Set the following rules for Traffic Prioritization For UDP. It takes trial/error on your part between those games that use udp vs those that require tcp.

Source 3074-3075  -> Destination 3100-3500

Source 3100 - 3500 -> Destination 3074 - 3075 This is not needed for the actual game itself (it seems). You are prioritizing data about your stats more so then anything else. I've noticed at the end of the round that my rank up wouldn't animate (filling up the circle).  It would be instantaneous.  Albeit I was also prioritizing 2000-7000 udp as well.  This was/is unnecessary. Thanks @blackfirehawk for the tip.

Source 3074-3075 -> Destination 30000-45000

Source 30000-45000 -> Destination 3074-3075

Once added reboot the Router (to assure that the settings stick). Using the 1st set of rules.  And make sure that the port for your console shows up in Upnp.  If you don't use Upnp you may want to enable it, disable port forwarding (or delete the rules for them) reboot the router find your port for your console. Then add that port to port forwarding once you know what it is and disable upnp if you perfer port forwarding.  

Thanks to @kinel, @GHOST-1-EC and others for the research.

Example (Best k/d yet for me):

newone.jpg

example2.jpg

Disclaimer:

This is not a "tweak" to help you get an edge on other players. Nor will this help improve an already great hit rego experience.  If you are already consistently coming in 1st through 4th place in matches these settings may be of little benefit for you.  These settings are "suggested" as a base line and may require further research (IE: Wireshark, etc) on your part to get the optimal port ranges suited for your geo-location, etc.

EDIT 12/21/19:

anothergoodone.jpg

It appears that after a few updates things get borked with Modern Warfare (and BO4).  I found out that in order to get better fluidity in my movement I had to reinstall the game after about 2-3 updates.  The ranges above does indeed work 3074-3075 30000-45000 (in 5000-8000 increments). And for me, keeping ABB to never using 75% of my download speed (lowering it more with bandwidth allocation) seems to really bring the game up to par. 

I've found nothing else that would allow me to be ahead of everyone else in movement, etc so far.  If anything else comes up I would update.

could you help me the double nat, i have double nat but not sure how to fix it?

15 hours ago, East said:

wut.jpg

When I go 19 to 20.k/d in 3 to 4 games in a row on MW the 5 or 6th game, I feel crippled first I notice I get melted with one shot. I just assume its a sniper or shotgun but watching the kill cam he empties a magazine into me I'm like waaaat??? Its so bad that I see them first shoot first but die first, at times there would be one guy on the opposing team I cant kill.

His invincible, everything I throw at him I still die even if I camp in a corner he runs past and I empty a magazine of 30 bullets into him at his back point black he would magically turn on me and destroy me.

This is sbmm in play, mean while all my team mates would be getting high kills and I'm left out. I'm talking from experience I have played this game since day 1 of release so I know what am talking about. When this craziness happens I switch off the console or play another game because no matter what I do even if I play the whole day am gonna get destroyed. Its like the game is out to get me, like purnish me for doing well last few games.

Its not netduma router its the way the game is, this game favors noobs over an average skilled player, unfortunately YouTubers have found a way to beatt the sbmm system and of cause they are not going to share how they do this.

5 hours ago, rockstars_homework said:

could you help me the double nat, i have double nat but not sure how to fix it?

You have to use the ip address of your router and place it in the DMZ of your modem.  That's the only real way to overcome double nat.

The modem is usually provided by your ISP.  You have to navigate that modem Graphic User Interface to find demilitarized zone (DMZ).  Input the IP address that your router use.  Then reboot your modem then your router for it to take effect. 

3 hours ago, Seye said:

When I go 19 to 20.k/d in 3 to 4 games in a row on MW the 5 or 6th game, I feel crippled first I notice I get melted with one shot. I just assume its a sniper or shotgun but watching the kill cam he empties a magazine into me I'm like waaaat??? Its so bad that I see them first shoot first but die first, at times there would be one guy on the opposing team I cant kill.

His invincible, everything I throw at him I still die even if I camp in a corner he runs past and I empty a magazine of 30 bullets into him at his back point black he would magically turn on me and destroy me.

This is sbmm in play, mean while all my team mates would be getting high kills and I'm left out. I'm talking from experience I have played this game since day 1 of release so I know what am talking about. When this craziness happens I switch off the console or play another game because no matter what I do even if I play the whole day am gonna get destroyed. Its like the game is out to get me, like purnish me for doing well last few games.

Its not netduma router its the way the game is, this game favors noobs over an average skilled player, unfortunately YouTubers have found a way to beatt the sbmm system and of cause they are not going to share how they do this.

Exactly!!!!!!!!

This is it 100%

It's like the game cripples you.  I felt that in the game I posted results from and it effected my whole team.  I've witness my teammates shoot 1st, empty half a clip and still die 1st.  And when it happens you can tell an immediate difference.  I simply changed up my playing style but depending on how bad it is you simply have to leave the server.  When it doesn't happen at all you can go on a 30-0 spree!!!!

But yeah the 1st sign is that someone on the other team becomes invincible.  You can shoot him, put 10 rounds in him and still won't die.  Another sign is when someone is way to "fast" running around the map.  They aren't cheating because when they run up on you from around a corner they are just as surprised as you are and can't react in time so I melt them. 

But yes, you hit the nail on the head.  That's exactly what it is.  For lack of a better term we will simply refer to it as SBMM until more information is leaked about this.  That's why I wanted to post a pic of the results.  We were actually doing well for the 1st 3-4 minutes of the match then everything changed.  I felt it but it didn't effect me as much as it did my teammates.  And they weren't "Jimmy no thumbs" they were some competent players.  Most of the problems was that odd latency and bullets not registering.