Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

23 minutes ago, rockstars_homework said:

What is the best way to find out which ports to use? Like how do I do it?

i have a Bt isp modem

The ports for the traffic priority are on the photo above. What port you mean? 

4 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi Grafti

i can’t set in bridge mode because my router from ISP is locked... I will put it on DMZ from the settings of the xr500 or from the ISP router? It is better with this way instead of the pppoe?

You must “tell” to your ISP router tonput your XR500 in DMZ inside your isp router settings.

If you call your isp company you can ask them to do it if you give them the mac address of your XR500, and you can even ask the to unlock your router.

Unfortunately I don’t know what is pppoe :(

8 hours ago, Grafti said:

You must “tell” to your ISP router tonput your XR500 in DMZ inside your isp router settings.

If you call your isp company you can ask them to do it if you give them the mac address of your XR500, and you can even ask the to unlock your router.

Unfortunately I don’t know what is pppoe :(

The pppoe is another way to do the same work like DMZ when you can’t use the ISP modem in bridge mode because some ISP they are lock the modem... But I I am trying to find which is the best of two of them to do. DMZ or PPPoE?? Can anyone here knows to answer that?

It's not the same. 

Bridge mode passes through your ISP router and that's why you need to enter your PPPoE details. A bridge essentially bypasses the routing completely.

DMZ is used when you can't bridge, so you set the XR500 in DMZ and that automaticly forwards all ports to the XR500. In this case you don't need PPPoE details as this is handled by your ISP router.

13 hours ago, DanyKTM said:

guys on the forum found the right ports with Wireshark

On "game hardware and settings" topic, in the last pages there's a link to download a wonderfull app created by the user @RedBull2k wich automatically priorizes on netduma the ports used by the server you are connected in that momment. This app is HONEY

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It's not the same. 

Bridge mode passes through your ISP router and that's why you need to enter your PPPoE details. A bridge essentially bypasses the routing completely.

DMZ is used when you can't bridge, so you set the XR500 in DMZ and that automaticly forwards all ports to the XR500. In this case you don't need PPPoE details as this is handled by your ISP router.

I am little bit confused now... my IPS router I know that I cannot do bridge because it’s locked. But when I set on the xr500 that my connection need log in and set it pppoe is work. How can I confirm that is work ok? It is better to set it DMZ? 

9 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

I am little bit confused now... my IPS router I know that I cannot do bridge because it’s locked. But when I set on the xr500 that my connection need log in and set it pppoe is work. How can I confirm that is work ok? It is better to set it DMZ? 

I think DMZ is the best option if you can not put your ISP router in bridge mode.

Anyway, try to phone your ISP company and ask to unlock the router (but do not tell them that your intention is to put it in bridge mode), and if not possible, ask them to put your XR500 in DMZ. If the router is blocked, means that, surely, the have remote acces to it and can manage it. 

On 12/6/2019 at 8:07 PM, ugotstretched said:

Ive tried the traffic prioritization and can say for me personally it has done nothing.  My connection is simply too fast for COD.  I believe players with great connections get some type of artificial delay added to them, even if just a couple milliseconds.  The gm runs fast and smooth for me but when engaged with someone Im killed as if playing hardcore mode.  All the youtubers who have these amazing game clips you will notice a trend, the game always looks slower, and they rarely take a lot of damage.

i truly believe this, all my friends with poorrer connaction than me tend to play better than me even though were more or less on the same level. i get killed on blackout and alcatraz with 2 or 3 bullets, ridiculous

On 1/23/2020 at 12:53 PM, rockstars_homework said:

i truly believe this, all my friends with poorrer connaction than me tend to play better than me even though were more or less on the same level. i get killed on blackout and alcatraz with 2 or 3 bullets, ridiculous

Same. I tried the traffic prioritization with blops 4 and had no better results. Blops 4 has been the worst for me out of all the cod series as far as hit reg, 1 bullet deaths etc. The newest title however is the most consistent cod ever for me. It's so weird.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:20 PM, Bert said:

It's quite easy actually.

Set your PC as games console in DumaOS and the geofilter just works as it should.

That is if you use the internet sharing feature. If you use bridge mode the XR500 will see the PS4 as if it's connected to the router. But I had issues to get that software to work with bridge mode and also wireshark didn't work right. I believe that it is because I have a wrong NPCAP driver but I have never tried to solve it.

So:

1. Use a second network card in your PC, or use wifi as hotspot, or use wifi to connect to your router. I just bought a 1Gbit USB network card to experiment with this for 10 bucks.

2. Go in windows, right click your connection that you have connected to the router and enable sharing, with the other connection set up. Under advanced you can also add ports to forward

3. Set up your PS4 connection as you normally would.

4. In DumaOS, forward the CoD ports to the PC andon the PC forward them to the PS4. I typically just leave it on Moderate NAT though.

5. Run that software and what I did was set a filter so it only affects UDP traffic coming from my PS4 by entering the MAC adress of my PS4

6. In my case I need different traffic prioritization rules, I use UDP 60000:65536 - 30000:45000 because this setup changes the source port somehow. 

Could you show me how to setup this?

2 hours ago, rockstars_homework said:

Kind of every step explained in a dummy way as I have no clue lol,

Traffic priority

1. Uncheck the Duma classifies games

2. Click ADD DEVICE

3. Select PlayStation 

4. You will not see CoD and you must’ve select the second choice on the next. I don’t remember the name. 

5. Source start 3074 end 3075

6. Destination start 30000 end 45000

7. Protocol UDP

8. Click ADD DEVICE

9. Select PlayStation 

10. You will not see CoD and you must’ve select the second choice on the next. I don’t remember the name. 

11. Source start 30000 end 45000

12. Destination start 3074 end 3075

i hope this will help you my friend. 

Thank you , I already had this set up on Dumas but what I actually wanted to know is how to do thi

So:

1. Use a second network card in your PC, or use wifi as hotspot, or use wifi to connect to your router. I just bought a 1Gbit USB network card to experiment with this for 10 bucks.

2. Go in windows, right click your connection that you have connected to the router and enable sharing, with the other connection set up. Under advanced you can also add ports to forward

3. Set up your PS4 connection as you normally would.

4. In DumaOS, forward the CoD ports to the PC andon the PC forward them to the PS4. I typically just leave it on Moderate NAT though.

5. Run that software and what I did was set a filter so it only affects UDP traffic coming from my PS4 by entering the MAC adress of my PS4

6. In my case I need different traffic prioritization rules, I use UDP 60000:65536 - 30000:45000because this setup changes the source port somehow. 

8 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Decided to try playing without any traffic prio. and Duma Classified unticked and I'm dropping peoples so much faster now!

Really??? How many games you played?? No issue with hit register and first shoot first die???

11 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Decided to try playing without any traffic prio. and Duma Classified unticked and I'm dropping peoples so much faster now!

Thought I’d try it out earlier and you’re right. It does feel pretty solid. I find it funny how all these settings that are here to benefit us, only cause some kind of confliction.

2 hours ago, MikeyPython said:

Thought I’d try it out earlier and you’re right. It does feel pretty solid. I find it funny how all these settings that are here to benefit us, only cause some kind of confliction.

You play on PS4, PC or Xbox??

i will trie later. I play on PS4. 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 11:09 PM, Glazeko said:

I have comcast which sucks donkey toe. But these settings are doing magic right now.

I will have to try, I also have Comcast. 600down/15-18up. I've got right now traffic prio set manuel rules source 3074:9308 dest 30000:45000. seemed to work last night. We'll see today.

And yes, I loathe Comcast!!

Traffic prioritization helps players with average to just above average networks.  Its not gonna help someone with a A+ connection.  Through much testing i have concluded if your connecting to a server at a super low ping you better hope the other players are doing the same cause if you throw in one high ping player the game will try to compensate for them.