Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

28 minutes ago, East said:

You have to use the ip address of your router and place it in the DMZ of your modem.  That's the only real way to overcome double nat.

The modem is usually provided by your ISP.  You have to navigate that modem Graphic User Interface to find demilitarized zone (DMZ).  Input the IP address that your router use.  Then reboot your modem then your router for it to take effect. 

thanks for replying.

i have taken those steps but the ip address shown on the isp modem associated to the r1 are different.

when i try to put the r1 ip address on to the modem it says that the ip is not recognised

18 minutes ago, rockstars_homework said:

thanks for replying.

i have taken those steps but the ip address shown on the isp modem associated to the r1 are different.

when i try to put the r1 ip address on to the modem it says that the ip is not recognised

Ok you should have two windows open.  To the left is the GUI for your Modem. To the right is the GUI of your router.

Navigate the GUI for your modem to DMZ.  Then navigate the GUI for your router to where you can find the IP address of your router.

Type the ip address of your router into the DMZ of the modem.  Do not copy and paste. 

If that doesn't work check to make sure that your modem recognized your router's IP address in it's list of all devices connected to the modem. Make sure that the ip address matches. 

9 minutes ago, East said:

Ok you should have two windows open.  To the left is the GUI for your Modem. To the right is the GUI of your router.

Navigate the GUI for your modem to DMZ.  Then navigate the GUI for your router to where you can find the IP address of your router.

Type the ip address of your router into the DMZ of the modem.  Do not copy and paste. 

If that doesn't work check to make sure that your modem recognized your router's IP address in it's list of all devices connected to the modem. Make sure that the ip address matches. 

the ip adress recognised under gui of modem for the router is different from the ip address shown on the router gui. 

The modem DMZ is on but the ip address on it is different from what shows on the router ip.

when i input the router ip address into modem it doesnt recognise it

Yeah and Sometimes i See killcams where my enemy get hittet from 5-10 bullets from 2 of my teammates + me ..and still managed to kill all 3 of us and is only slightly injured.

And sometimes i See killcams where the first Bullet on me is allready Red..(iam on full health core Mode) from weapons i know They need 4-5+ bullets on this range (SMGs)

So i First think .. ok that was a Sniper.. looking at the killcam .. it was a fucking smg across the map with a ttk of 400+ms.. Killing me at full sprint

2 hours ago, rockstars_homework said:

the ip adress recognised under gui of modem for the router is different from the ip address shown on the router gui. 

The modem DMZ is on but the ip address on it is different from what shows on the router ip.

when i input the router ip address into modem it doesnt recognise it

then use the one the modem recognize.  Just make sure it's for the R1.

There were leaked patents Activision had regarding matchmaking based on performance. It was an ineresting read, I don't remember the exact details to share here and there's no proof they are in MW but who knows with Activision. I've noticed when I have a game or two in a row with a great connection melting everyone on my way to nukes, the next few games my hit registration is off like I barely have any aim assist and my bullets miss the target. It ALWAYS happens, I'm sure there is something deep down they're doing to cripple you on purpose to give others a chance (catering to noobs). Hopefully this isn't the case with the new Black Ops.

5 hours ago, East said:

Exactly!!!!!!!!

This is it 100%

It's like the game cripples you.  I felt that in the game I posted results from and it effected my whole team.  I've witness my teammates shoot 1st, empty half a clip and still die 1st.  And when it happens you can tell an immediate difference.  I simply changed up my playing style but depending on how bad it is you simply have to leave the server.  When it doesn't happen at all you can go on a 30-0 spree!!!!

But yeah the 1st sign is that someone on the other team becomes invincible.  You can shoot him, put 10 rounds in him and still won't die.  Another sign is when someone is way to "fast" running around the map.  They aren't cheating because when they run up on you from around a corner they are just as surprised as you are and can't react in time so I melt them. 

But yes, you hit the nail on the head.  That's exactly what it is.  For lack of a better term we will simply refer to it as SBMM until more information is leaked about this.  That's why I wanted to post a pic of the results.  We were actually doing well for the 1st 3-4 minutes of the match then everything changed.  I felt it but it didn't effect me as much as it did my teammates.  And they weren't "Jimmy no thumbs" they were some competent players.  Most of the problems was that odd latency and bullets not registering. 

Nothing will change with cod so long as people keep throwing money at them. About done with it. At least battlefield works because laggy asses get put on server side hit detection if ping over 100.

20 hours ago, rockstars_homework said:

it gives me double nat still

Of course!  you have 2 devices with nat routing options. You negate it by placing the router in dmz.  So all the security, port forwarding, UpNp, etc are demilitarized to your router.  When you do a check to see if you have double nat it will always show double nat but without the negative side effects associated with it. 

So now you can setup rules from your router instead of your modem. IE: Modem >>>>Router>>>>PC/Console.  At this point your PC/Console shouldn't be seen by your modem, only your router.  So now you can control the flow of traffic to your PC/Console directly from your router with no restrictions, issues. 

Just make sure your router is setup properly to recognize the modem so you get the proper ip address, IPV4, IPV6, etc. 

17 hours ago, johnnytran said:

There were leaked patents Activision had regarding matchmaking based on performance. It was an ineresting read, I don't remember the exact details to share here and there's no proof they are in MW but who knows with Activision. I've noticed when I have a game or two in a row with a great connection melting everyone on my way to nukes, the next few games my hit registration is off like I barely have any aim assist and my bullets miss the target. It ALWAYS happens, I'm sure there is something deep down they're doing to cripple you on purpose to give others a chance (catering to noobs). Hopefully this isn't the case with the new Black Ops.

Yup, I read the reddit post on that and it's in the game.  But very few believe it though.  Here's a video

Wut!!!??

What!!!??

How??

Yup, it's a game design.  And some people here think the router is bad and that's not the case at all. 

On 8/10/2020 at 10:04 PM, East said:

Exactly!!!!!!!!

This is it 100%

It's like the game cripples you.  I felt that in the game I posted results from and it effected my whole team.  I've witness my teammates shoot 1st, empty half a clip and still die 1st.  And when it happens you can tell an immediate difference.  I simply changed up my playing style but depending on how bad it is you simply have to leave the server.  When it doesn't happen at all you can go on a 30-0 spree!!!!

But yeah the 1st sign is that someone on the other team becomes invincible.  You can shoot him, put 10 rounds in him and still won't die.  Another sign is when someone is way to "fast" running around the map.  They aren't cheating because when they run up on you from around a corner they are just as surprised as you are and can't react in time so I melt them. 

But yes, you hit the nail on the head.  That's exactly what it is.  For lack of a better term we will simply refer to it as SBMM until more information is leaked about this.  That's why I wanted to post a pic of the results.  We were actually doing well for the 1st 3-4 minutes of the match then everything changed.  I felt it but it didn't effect me as much as it did my teammates.  And they weren't "Jimmy no thumbs" they were some competent players.  Most of the problems was that odd latency and bullets not registering. 

I forgot to mention the newest one, randomly you don't hear enemy footsteps, there would be one random person on the other team for some bizzare reason I don't hear footsteps of an enemy. Watching kill cam, his not got dead silence enabled. Again I thought it was just me, but my mates in the chat party confirmed it to it happens to them too.

3 hours ago, East said:

This video is not safe for work but it's Drift0r saying the exact same thing.  And check out the router he is using people!!!

😂😂😂 I know and feel exactly the same like the game is just out to get me, I just switch take a walk outside I don't even rage anyone.

28 minutes ago, Seye said:

I forgot to mention the newest one, randomly you don't hear enemy footsteps, there would be one random person on the other team for some bizzare reason I don't hear footsteps of an enemy. Watching kill cam, his not got dead silence enabled. Again I thought it was just me, but my mates in the chat party confirmed it to it happens to them too.

And here I thought it was a game bug!!! I wondered why sometimes I don't hear footsteps from some players.  And you are right, they don't have dead silence. Yet they can run around, climb, jump and be unheard. And it's the same thing in Drift0r's video at 2:05:47.

This is me going off on a good day on MW, my netduma doing it's thing. Bullet reg on point, I feel invincible movement speed reaction time is going off at times I can't keep up because the lobby is so smoothed to play in that's how I know I'm on a great server and soon the game would soon be out to get me 🤣. Once I get 3 games like this in a row on the same server, I switch to Warzone or straight to bed 🛌 because I know the game is out to get me in the next game.

16 hours ago, Seye said:

Thats not new, I've been saying that since launch lol.

I hear everything thru my A40's, except the guy chasing me, stomping around on hard ground... I don't hear him.

1 hour ago, East said:

And what's with the consistent updates?  I get a new update everyday now. 

I don't. Last update I got was yesturday for the weapon balancing and stopping anyone connecting to their shit servers.

70k bans... and only 10% of them actually did anything wrong.

I got my name reset and a 7 day ban just coz some snowflake thought my name was offensive which it wasn't, yet I see nasty and racist names on a daily basis.