Traffic Prioritization Settings: Modern Warefare (BO4)

East

8 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

All I can say is everyones connection is different. Might work for some but not for others. Shame it didn't work for me.

I have comcast which sucks donkey toe. But these settings are doing magic right now.

11 hours ago, Glazeko said:

I have no idea but this is working out for me 100%

Do you feel that now enemies are slow to react to you like you're ahead of them?

When I tried that software, enemies reacted to me instantly, even quicker than I could react to them most of the time.

It was like I was against veteran bots... the split second they saw me, I'm dead. 

On 1/11/2020 at 1:01 AM, blackfirehawk said:

yeah.. i have a crack for that tool if you want

i can PM you

Hey blackfirehawk

Would you mind pm me the tool too please I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to do some testing myself.

no worries if you do not want too.

Oh wow, it's been a while since I lasted posted here.

I haven't found anything else that worked consistently other then the original post.  I've been having a blast playing the game though. On PC I have to quite when I see cheaters playing but other then that I've found sweats not that bad now.  Here is a summary of a few matches both on MW and BO4.

example1.jpg
example2.jpg
example3.jpg
example4.jpg

This is now a major improvement for me.  I still haven't found anything else that would improve hit rego and movement though. I'm by no means "top player" but going from negative k/d matches to positive k/d matches consistently I'm pretty happy. 

On 1/14/2020 at 10:53 AM, N3CR0 said:

Do you feel that now enemies are slow to react to you like you're ahead of them?

When I tried that software, enemies reacted to me instantly, even quicker than I could react to them most of the time.

It was like I was against veteran bots... the split second they saw me, I'm dead. 

Game plays the same the only thing is that my bullets register perfectly now. And all i play is sweats and pc players so im used to them having the crazy reaction time. But again i keep a 2.50 kd playing sweats all the time.

32 minutes ago, rockstars_homework said:

Is there anyway I could get the same ping as you? I think those are they perfect ms

Find out which servers give you these pings and set your geo filter to only connect to them.

Update

I've been improving my hit rego consistently now for a long time (even before creating this thread) and at 1st things appear normal.  I win some lose some.  Even came across good players.  Although I wasn't always in 1st place I got pretty close and I knew I made a difference.  The game during this time has been fun to play and all seem well.  I could back out of games I knew were dodgy.

However, as I seem to have plateau with an k/d increase of 0.35 overall from where I was before I began to notice some strange things. 

-I've seen dodgy hit rego with certain players.  I'm not talking about with guns but with streaks.  It takes more then normal amount of time to take them out! Vtol, Chopper Gunner, etc.  It's very noticeable using cruise missiles though.  With CM's I've hit someone at point blank range, out in the open and they walk away from it 😲.  Yet I get killed by them while inside a building.  I kid you not I'm fully inside a building and still get taken out by CM's.  This really had my head shaking and these issues seem to arise the higher my k/d got. 

-Vtol rockets kill me through any open doors or windows now. 

-I've seen delayed explosions from clays/proximity mines causing it be pointless

-It's taking a very long time to get into a lobby now. That wasn't a problem before.  Although other excuses can be applied I find the timing of it a bit odd.

-While searching I've been put into a lobby only to be auto removed from it.  This is something that happens frequently now.  Nothing wrong with the lobby I was in as far as I know.  I'm just removed from it to be placed back in search.  All I can say is SBMM in action. 

-Once I'm in the lobby NO ONE ON MY TEAM HAS MICs.  And behave like bots.  IE: In Dom they don't cap flags they go to predesignated spots and hover around there.  I'm the only one capping flags. 🤣

-I'm put into lobbies full of more sweats now.  Most I can deal with but the camping really get comically irritating.  Because they crouch behind dark corners.  🤣  I'm seeing more matches go to the complete time limit, not fun! But if I have about 2-3 bad games I find myself making up for it in the next match.  It's like this: 1 big win, another big win, normal win, cheaters (back out), cheaters (back out), hard match but no cheating, big win. 

-So, I decided to use another IP and with the 1st match this is what I get:

newip2.jpg

I have a few good matches.  So I went back to my original setup and still have a few good matches.  None as good as those (you can see it my previous post).  And all is well until I hit the k/d I'm at now. 

It is my opinion that even though you find that magic hit rego that lets you go ham a few matches this game is going to penalize you with the SBMM and other tactics that simply come off as a counter measure.  Again, I'm no top player.  I'm, now, playing at a level I find acceptable (when there is no dodgy behavior).  However after reading, watching the complaints about this game it is of my opinion they are true.  And I wouldn't pull hair out trying to fix what is "as intended".

Hi to everyone!!

As all of you I tried all this time to find the best settings. Here are my settings and something that really improved my game experience!

ABB on @70%

share access enable

qos 10mb down 5 mb upload 

traffic priority 3074:3075 30000:45000 and reverse. 

Reservation IP on PS4 

disable all media share access 

manual setup on PS4 for static IP and enter the MTU that I have from ISP, in my case 1492

And final for all of you that you have FTTC internet connection as I have. I set on the modem from my ISP pppoe pass through and then I set on my xr500 that my connection need log in, I set pppoe and I put my username and password from my ISP. With this way you avoid the double NAT. 

With the above settings for 2 days now I play and my hit detection is perfect. Never first shoot first die. And I have really the feeling that all gunfights that I loose I fair. I am not a pro player but now I do very good scores and positive KD ratio. I am playing on hardcore mode with MP5 and only need 2 bullets to eliminate the enemy. 

15 hours ago, East said:

Update

I've been improving my hit rego consistently now for a long time (even before creating this thread) and at 1st things appear normal.  I win some lose some.  Even came across good players.  Although I wasn't always in 1st place I got pretty close and I knew I made a difference.  The game during this time has been fun to play and all seem well.  I could back out of games I knew were dodgy.

However, as I seem to have plateau with an k/d increase of 0.35 overall from where I was before I began to notice some strange things. 

-I've seen dodgy hit rego with certain players.  I'm not talking about with guns but with streaks.  It takes more then normal amount of time to take them out! Vtol, Chopper Gunner, etc.  It's very noticeable using cruise missiles though.  With CM's I've hit someone at point blank range, out in the open and they walk away from it 😲.  Yet I get killed by them while inside a building.  I kid you not I'm fully inside a building and still get taken out by CM's.  This really had my head shaking and these issues seem to arise the higher my k/d got. 

-It's taking a very long time to get into a lobby now. That wasn't a problem before.  Although other excuses can be applied I find the timing of it a bit odd.

-I'm put into lobbies full of more sweats now.  Most I can deal with but the camping really get comically irritating.  Because they crouch behind dark corners.  🤣  I'm seeing more matches go to the complete time limit, not fun! But if I have about 2-3 bad games I find myself making up for it in the next match.  It's like this: 1 big win, another big win, normal win, cheaters (back out), cheaters (back out), hard match but no cheating, big win. 

-So, I decided to use another IP and with the 1st match this is what I get:

newip2.jpg

I have a few good matches.  So I went back to my original setup and still have a few good matches.  None as good as those (you can see it my previous post).  And all is well until I hit the k/d I'm at now. 

It is my opinion that even though you find that magic hit rego that lets you go ham a few matches this game is going to penalize you with the SBMM and other tactics that simply come off as a counter measure.  Again, I'm no top player.  I'm, now, playing at a level I find acceptable (when there is no dodgy behavior).  However after reading, watching the complaints about this game it is of my opinion they are true.  And I wouldn't pull hair out trying to fix what is "as intended".

I get killed by streaks while in the middle of a building all the time, I'm like wtf!?

Also, sometimes I'll be capping a flag in Dom with another player, along comes a grenade that kills me (even though I use EOD) but doesn't kill the other player who isn't using EOD.

I've seen some players run through claymores without setting them off at all, even pretty much standing on top of them.

Encountered a few players I can't reg hits on as well even though they don't seem to be stuttering about (which would make sense why I can't seem to hit them)

And the camping. Seen players in buildings just sitting there ADS'ing at the door waiting for someone to come along. Its pathetic how some people play this game.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, East said:

This thread (and others) is created to assist those who are having chronic hit rego and lag movement issues in which the game is simply not enjoyable.   It was determined that there are port ranges that need to be placed in traffic prioritization that are not listed by the games developers.  The point to this is that by prioritizing those ports one would have better hit registration and overall better fluidity in the game(s) you play. 

The information provided to you is not a final on the research presented so far.  Furthermore, testing is ongoing.  It take this community as a whole to help gather more data/input to determine what works and what doesn't.  Please keep that in mind when reading this thread.  Thanks

Ok here is a list of ports you want to test for Traffic Prioritization as discussed in this thread:

1. Reboot modem.  Next reboot your router (if you don't have any double nat issues if you do go to step 2, 1st).

2. Make sure you don't have double NAT (google how to check). However you can do either a tracert or check your router to see if you are using a private or public ip.  If private more then likely you have double nat.  In order to compensate for double nat you will need to use your modem to place your router in DMZ (google how to).  Afterwards you may need to reboot your modem then your router again in order for it to take effect. 

3. For your XR router make sure you Disable DumaOS Classified Games.

4. Uncheck Shared Excess for both download and upload from Bandwidth Allocation. Make sure that your Down/Up Bandwidth is correct. Do a speed test with just your modem to verify.

5. Delete all existing rules if you haven't added these before.

6. Set Anti-Buffer Bloat settings to both 100 and set it to never.  (for me even on "Never" I'm still capped to ABB slider for up/down).  Test this to see if you notice any improvement.  If not re-enable it. R1 users may want to keep ABB. For me, having tested this in several matches I am now "on time" with the server and on par with other players.  No more .5 seconds behind other players.

7. Make sure that the port for your console is actually in Upnp. Take note of it (it's usually 5 digit number).  Make sure that port corresponds with your console and not some other device.  It has been suggested to tie in that rule along within Traffic Prioritization to 3074-3075. Like this: Source: (port to your console) -> Destination: 3074-3075 and vise versa for your other rule. Results have been inconclusive and more testing is needed to determine if there is any impact doing so.  I've read that tying in your console port to the actual port ranges as well in both source and destination and destination to source. But again, further research is needed to determine if this actually works or not. 

8. Adjust Bandwidth Allocation as needed.

9. Set the following rules for Traffic Prioritization For UDP. It takes trial/error on your part between those games that use udp vs those that require tcp.

Source 3074-3075  -> Destination 3100-3500

Source 3100 - 3500 -> Destination 3074 - 3075 This is not needed for the actual game itself (it seems). You are prioritizing data about your stats more so then anything else. I've noticed at the end of the round that my rank up wouldn't animate (filling up the circle).  It would be instantaneous.  Albeit I was also prioritizing 2000-7000 udp as well.  This was/is unnecessary. Thanks @blackfirehawk for the tip.

Source 3074-3075 -> Destination 30000-45000

Source 30000-45000 -> Destination 3074-3075

Once added reboot the Router (to assure that the settings stick). Using the 1st set of rules.  And make sure that the port for your console shows up in Upnp.  If you don't use Upnp you may want to enable it, disable port forwarding (or delete the rules for them) reboot the router find your port for your console. Then add that port to port forwarding once you know what it is and disable upnp if you perfer port forwarding.  

Thanks to @kinel, @GHOST-1-EC and others for the research.

Example (Best k/d yet for me):

newone.jpg

example2.jpg

Disclaimer:

This is not a "tweak" to help you get an edge on other players. Nor will this help improve an already great hit rego experience.  If you are already consistently coming in 1st through 4th place in matches these settings may be of little benefit for you.  These settings are "suggested" as a base line and may require further research (IE: Wireshark, etc) on your part to get the optimal port ranges suited for your geo-location, etc.

EDIT 12/21/19:

anothergoodone.jpg

It appears that after a few updates things get borked with Modern Warfare (and BO4).  I found out that in order to get better fluidity in my movement I had to reinstall the game after about 2-3 updates.  The ranges above does indeed work 3074-3075 30000-45000 (in 5000-8000 increments). And for me, keeping ABB to never using 75% of my download speed (lowering it more with bandwidth allocation) seems to really bring the game up to par. 

I've found nothing else that would allow me to be ahead of everyone else in movement, etc so far.  If anything else comes up I would update.

Could anyone help me with this? I am trying apply these settings but I am not very computer savvy 

I have all this settings except the ABB that I have it when high priority detected. For its work much better instead to have it never and my game is almost perfect!! But I faced one strange issue... when I play alone everything is ok. Also and with some friends is ok. Except one guy. When his join in my lobby the game is start to crack and I am one step behind... Has any one else have this issue or notice something like this? I can’t understand why my connection when this guy join to my lobby became worsted...

Could be that he's throttling his connection. There is some form of latency balancing in the game. When I see Chinese/Japanese names or Arab names in the lobby I am almost guaranteed to have a more laggy game then usual.

3 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

I have all this settings except the ABB that I have it when high priority detected. For its work much better instead to have it never and my game is almost perfect!! But I faced one strange issue... when I play alone everything is ok. Also and with some friends is ok. Except one guy. When his join in my lobby the game is start to crack and I am one step behind... Has any one else have this issue or notice something like this? I can’t understand why my connection when this guy join to my lobby became worsted...

Could you show me how to set up these settings?

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Could be that he's throttling his connection. There is some form of latency balancing in the game. When I see Chinese/Japanese names or Arab names in the lobby I am almost guaranteed to have a more laggy game then usual.

My friend that I have this issue is from the same city with me. Really I don’t understand... for days now I play and everything is ok! Except the times that I played with this friend...

A lot of people fool around with their connection on purpose. Trying to throttle bandwith, saturate the connection on purpose or other gimmicks. Could be that he's doing one of those, or just plays on shitty wifi.

5 minutes ago, rockstars_homework said:

Could you show me how to set up these settings?

Hi my friend! I am on the work now... please tell me some information for your connection... do you use modem from your ISP and connect your router on the modem or directly connect your router? Which router you use? I have the xr500. I can tell you and send you some pictures with my settings but you have to find the solution to avoid the double nat. I my case I use pppoe connection on the xr500 and set the username and password from my ISP. Others on the forum set the DMZ. I don’t know which way is the best but on my case the pppoe work perfect. 

5 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi my friend! I am on the work now... please tell me some information for your connection... do you use modem from your ISP and connect your router on the modem or directly connect your router? Which router you use? I have the xr500. I can tell you and send you some pictures with my settings but you have to find the solution to avoid the double nat. I my case I use pppoe connection on the xr500 and set the username and password from my ISP. Others on the forum set the DMZ. I don’t know which way is the best but on my case the pppoe work perfect. 

If you can put your ISP router in "bridge" mode, you will solve all these problems. Just keep your XR500 as main router and forget about your ISP router. The only thing you must have connected to it is XR500.

IIf you cannot put your ISP router in bridge mode, do this. Firts of all, make sure your main gate in different for both routers. Normally the default maingate for all routers is 192.168.1.1. If both routers have the same IP address, you will have a conflict in your network. Put one of the routers 192.168.0.1 for example. Then, in your ISP router, set a static IP to your XR500 using the DHP options (192.168.1.127 f.e.), and once you have it, put it on DMZ.

As in bridge mode, just keep your XR500 as main router.

Hope this info helps you

31 minutes ago, Grafti said:

If you can put your ISP router in "bridge" mode, you will solve all these problems. Just keep your XR500 as main router and forget about your ISP router. The only thing you must have connected to it is XR500.

IIf you cannot put your ISP router in bridge mode, do this. Firts of all, make sure your main gate in different for both routers. Normally the default maingate for all routers is 192.168.1.1. If both routers have the same IP address, you will have a conflict in your network. Put one of the routers 192.168.0.1 for example. Then, in your ISP router, set a static IP to your XR500 using the DHP options (192.168.1.127 f.e.), and once you have it, put it on DMZ.

As in bridge mode, just keep your XR500 as main router.

Hope this info helps you

Hi Grafti

i can’t set in bridge mode because my router from ISP is locked... I will put it on DMZ from the settings of the xr500 or from the ISP router? It is better with this way instead of the pppoe?

6 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

I use the isp modem and the router is connected to it. You will have to let me know what pictures I should send you. Do you know how to port forward?

4 minutes ago, rockstars_homework said:

I use the isp modem and the router is connected to it. You will have to let me know what pictures I should send you. Do you know how to port forward?

I will send you pictures of my settings to put it. I don’t use port forward. I use traffic priority to the port that use the game. Wait to answer @Grafti on my question above to understand what is better... the settings on the ISP modem you have the way to figure it out because I don’t know which modem you have... and I am not familiar with other modems...

33 minutes ago, rockstars_homework said:

AE71C5BA-8DF3-42A5-BFA9-EECE712C0B73.jpeg

2B7C78BF-9BC3-4FC7-A1A2-9E9CE46A7F31.png

83B7BC33-D702-439F-AE1A-6C0F13149846.png

302E0B13-1636-4E8F-BD9E-3772967EE46E.png

62DF6D68-9655-447A-94A9-117B4500435F.png

575E4FE5-2C1B-479A-86C7-F56104244B8A.png

9BDD54CC-4FD1-4BAF-8F71-629E18625C81.png

BB6A81C4-CD1D-4821-9DE0-B50C6E9658C6.jpeg

1C9F64FC-C2B8-4AEC-B01F-2ED4C616E5B6.png