DumaOS Developer Q&A

Netduma Jack

When will there be themes added to the "Themes" tab on dumaOS? Although I am not a colour-blind sufferer I do know that the red spectrum cannot be recognised by certain colour blind sufferers. I have mentioned this on other occasions which is why I would really like to see alternative theme colours for such users. 

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Micbot said:

What are some of the new features coming to the 1.4 milestone?

I was expecting this question :D We've got a policy these days of not announcing until it is ready. So we'll need to be slightly coy. Having said that....

I'm personally working on optimising the development process across multiple machines. After we've improved the devops it will be much easier for all developers to focus 100% on features. 

6 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

When will there be themes added to the "Themes" tab on dumaOS? Although I am not a colour-blind sufferer I do know that the red spectrum cannot be recognised by certain colour blind sufferers. I have mentioned this on other occasions which is why I would really like to see alternative theme colours for such users. 

This will be available in version 1.4. It's actually already in existing firmware it's just a little buggy so we disabled it in 1.3. 

Feel free to suggest any ideas and ask if they are possible or not?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, raf1212 said:

Hello, do you work on any tool, anty cheaters,or using the lag switch  connection,it is very visible in fps games,

Can you elaborate please? Do you mean just standard cheaters in games like Pubg? I haven't done too much research into this area but I'd think it is unlikely as most games use what's called an "Authoritative server" paradigm. This means that the server decides which actions occurs (especially in paradoxical situations) rather than the client. Since the router is a middleware device it can't perform the servers job for authorising legitimate actions. 

Great idea guys, is it possible to have a ping assist max and minimum range so it will only connect between the range? that way you could search for between 30-35ms if you find servers in that range play better say.

Doing this would rule out potential misallocated servers when using the the geo circle to get a further afield server.

3 minutes ago, raf1212 said:

Hello, do you work on any tool, anty cheaters,or using the lag switch  connection,it is very visible in fps games,

A router would not combat cheating, that is down to the game developers, it is not something that a router company can do I'm afraid!

• Netduma Staff

10 minutes ago, ScottsGameRoom said:

Will we be able to make our own themes?

If not can a color wheel be integrated so we can choose our own colors for everything?

There's currently no plans to let people make their own theme. After the release of 1.4, we're hoping to roll out loads - maybe we could let people suggest ideas/colours and Josh, our UI designer, can work with those when developing new themes.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Zennon said:

Great idea guys, is it possible to have a ping assist max and minimum range so it will only connect between the range? that way you could search for between 30-35ms if you find servers in that range play better say.

Doing this would rule out potential misallocated servers when using the the geo circle to get a further afield server.

Sure, so at the moment we have just minimum. Adding maximum should be trivial! 

Is there a way that you can see the pings of the players in a lobby before the game starts and we can set a max player ping per lobby, so if it at a range of say a max of 60ms and a player was connected at 75ms to that lobby it would kick us back so we can search again.

High ping players are the bain of cod it throws the sync right out of the window, this feature would be a god send to me.

Just now, progprogprog said:

Great idea zen

I've been using ping assist more resently

So to have min and max would be awsome

It would be quality, I have asked before on twitter but hopefully somebody's taking notes this time 😛 🤗

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

Even have a slider similar to congestion control where we could increase or decrease your own ping (within limits)such as netem https://netbeez.net/blog/how-to-use-the-linux-traffic-control/ to balance out the lobby

Already got advanced network condition emulation R-App on the roadmap. Not implemented yet though!

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Zennon said:

It would be quality, I have asked before on twitter but hopefully somebody's taking notes this time 😛 🤗

Don't worry, it was put on our Roadmap at the time! 

58 minutes ago, Netduma Iain said:

This will be available in version 1.4. It's actually already in existing firmware it's just a little buggy so we disabled it in 1.3. 

Feel free to suggest any ideas and ask if they are possible or not?

A theme in colour similar to this by Linksys on their 32X router. I am suggesting a similar colour scheme not a redesign. The colours would be easier to see for colour blind users and mayless help others with eye strain.  Or that of Asus routers in colour?

a10b7151279f58800ab8fb19064afc7762c0f2cc.png

management.jpg

1 hour ago, Zennon said:

Is there a way that you can see the pings of the players in a lobby before the game starts and we can set a max player ping per lobby, so if it at a range of say a max of 60ms and a player was connected at 75ms to that lobby it would kick us back so we can search again.

High ping players are the bain of cod it throws the sync right out of the window, this feature would be a god send to me.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Zennon said:

I've thought of doing this before. We'd need to do research to see if it is feasible. And it wouldn't work on dedicated servers (unless there is P2P voice chat). So unfortunately would not work for PubG, Fortnite, Apex, etc