DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

Honestly, it's frustration from ineffective support including a 1 on 1 that did not fix issues, features that we're never implemented, then an OS that was supposed to launch last year. Then above he tried to say it wasn't supposed to have a community test in February.

I am eager to see what all the wait gets us.

I'm using a different router right now because of poor performance.

Instead of getting your panties in a twist why not go back to your thread where you were having an issue and continue to try to get help.

The OS2 is going to be released when it is fit for purpose and not before.

I am sure if it was released early with bugs there would be a host of people bitching and moaning about it and I am 100% certain that it would be the people complained about its delayed release.

It's not like you have paid for the upgrade it's free when it's ready.

So, let's start again, you have had a 1-1 and it did not solve your particular issue.

Remind us of the problem.

What features exactly have been promised and not implemented?

Please start a thread in the general support forum or at least point us in the direction of your original problem.

Yeah I know that's my point and where the confusion is coming from, sometimes in business deadlines and timeframe's change and unfortunately it changed and we all want 2.0 as it has some great features but when Iain feels it a workable update he'll let us know.

I was just pointing out where I thought people where getting mixed info. I for one would rather wait another year if that's what it takes to get it right and have less inconsistencies in bugs at least. I for one have not much issue with the router. Occasional issue with geofilter, cloud ids, and randomly the router needs to be rebooted. But all routers need that once in a while. I had wished for some incremental updates for things like UPnP and  port forward enabled causing slow downs, profiles acting funny with hyper-traffic enabled,  port range vs single port, external:internal port translations, etc.  But all in all the router still does what it advertised from the first day I found this gem. If anyone got the idea that I was pointing fingers or in a rush I apologize. Just trying to clarify why some thought mid-february was open beta. 

To keep it all the way 100, the NetdumaR1 is worth every penny. It's definitely not a out of the box ready to use item. When I first installed it, it was performing worse then my original modem/router from Frontier for my Fios connection.

There was a bunch of settings I had no clue to what they were. I joined the forum community and Fraser pointed me in the right direction. Once I dialed the R1 in. I became a even more Call of Duty pub stomping beast LOL.

When i read there was going to be a OS upgrade it brought a smile to my face. I couldn't see a firmware update making this product that much better without using better hardware. Can't wait to see what the future brings us.

Then reading through this thread and seeing some of your responses, it's like WOW... come on now. The R1 does its job and then some, if installed correctly. What it does not fix is bad players or people trolling on forums.

After reading some of these comments, there are users that have no business beta testing. Wait for a solid update. Not trying to be mean but I don't see some of you actually reporting bugs and taking the time to help the team over at Netduma. Some of you only want the update cause you think it's gong to give you a advantage at the game your playing. There is no hardware or software update that will fix poor player skills.

Rant over, just my $.02 cents. Great job staff. Keep up the exalent work

• Administrators

Alright break it up lads!

Anthony%2BJoshua%2BRef%2BPunch.gif

I realise we are all very eager to try out the new software and also disappointed that there are delays. It's looking good currently, trust us when we say we'll get it to you as fast as we can.

If you're having trouble with the existing firmware please make a new topic and we'll help you out.

• Administrators

Sorry for my negativity Frasier, I'm sure you guys are doing the best you can.

I know longer have a PC so I can not help fix the issue that the one on one didn't solve.

No worries, its understandable. I prefer to look at it as though you have heated passion for DumaOS :P Okay well if you get your hands on one let me know.

So... to beat a dead horse lol. We are right at 3 weeks form mid-March. Are the canaries resting yet or not? If not then everyone should probably settle in for another delay. I'm perfectly fine with waiting for perfection but I can see a huge blast train coming thru if another delay isn't handled early on. Communication early on will head alot of that off at the pass. Vs. Waiting until mid March to say well... it'll be mid-april. It's easy to tell people to stfu and wait when your device is working fine for you but alot fo these guys have been waiting for the better part of a year for dire fixes.

Lol, well for someone to say that it does not fix player skill is pretty wrong of you to say. I go up against people with the worst kd ratio and accuracy according to their stats and I still get melted by them when I shot first or hitmarkers. Even with all the bs I get put through I still dropped a nuke on IW dropped many many kems on ghosts and have come close to nuclears alot on bo3. This is all while playing on a jittery spiky DSL connection mind you. I can guarantee if I had a better connection and my bullets actually registered like they were meant to that I would be dropping those nukes and kems way more. I always find for some reason the lobby feels either trash right off the start and even dead accuracy won't even save me or the lobby feels fairly smooth one minute then next thing I know I'm constantly being melted and no matter what different tactics I use it just won't help. It's crazy how these guys with crazy fiber connections just melt 3 kids at once but on my connection I may be lucky to even get to kill that one guy. That's not to say I don't have my memory games where i pop off and literally trash the lobby even against people with kds much higher than me. Some games just feel like connection luck. Either the lag and jitter is gonna save me and allow me to eat bullets or its gonna allow for many instant deaths which gets pretty old. It is what it is but to say someone is bad because they have a poor connection is kinda messed up. Sure you can adapt and learn how to try to play your best around it but it's definitely a relief to feel like your on the other end of lag compensation where your connection is beating the next guy or where you feel like your on equal ground and it's whoever shoots first gets the actual kill. Not hey let's dump multiple bullets in someone and then still get only 90% of their health down and they hit you in 4-5 but it feels like it was only one or two on your end. Lol happens constantly especially in bo3 and IW, sometimes even AW. In my opinion ghosts feels like the only "fair" call of duty 9/10 it's a shoot first and get the kill. Idk why but it's been the only game that's been that way to me even when I had cable and it was more noticable then. Shit half the time I'd even eat a few bullets and survive some crazy stuff back then

I think this forum just becomes way to toxic and full of the well your just bad comment's. I've been on both ends of the spectrum and I can relate to those who have had constant perfect matches game after game and for those who have had the worst bs game after game because of the connection factor. I understand there are people that do think it will make them a god because they are bad. But it would seem that most of is came here because we know when were getting bs'd gunfight after gunfight. Anywho I'm really glad to have a team like netduma to go above and beyond what any router manufacturer has done. You don't see this kind of OS on the Nighthawks or Asus models or really any other and their QoS is nothing in comparison and I've even used ddwrt which I never gained a benefit from. But using the netduma QoS alone makes a noticable difference as it is. I can't say geofilter has helped me alot but when people did actually play black ops 3 more it definitely was noticable. Unfortunately i live east coast and I get alot of people from PR and the UK and Canada all mixed into the lobby and it's a connection nightmare. People with 3 bar connections just sponging bullets but two shotting me with my 4 bar. Or those kids that skip everywhere and they practically have god mode in some instances. Lol

I can't wait to test this bish... I have 3 of these bad boys and rip snot on peeps all across the midwest. Iain is a magician for sure and he made all this possible. So for all the kicking and screaming we do waiting in this and that just think, we could be sitting in a forum with our overpriced asus, nighthawks, and other routers WITHOUT Geo filter, hyler-traffic, CC, ping host  etc bitch in about cods terrible netcode.  Easy to forget that.

Fraser,

Any chance that you can state whether or not the new OS will have a DHCP Lease Page that has all of these: Edit Name, IP Address, and MAC address.

Right now the MAC is only on the Lease page and the current IP and Edit Name is only on the Device Mgr page. 

I did ask for this on the Feature Requests topic. 

It's really hard to edit my devices when all of these are on different webpages. 

• Administrators

Fraser,

Any chance that you can state whether or not the new OS will have a DHCP Lease Page that has all of these: Edit Name, IP Address, and MAC address.

Right now the MAC is only on the Lease page and the current IP and Edit Name is only on the Device Mgr page. 

I did ask for this on the Feature Requests topic. 

It's really hard to edit my devices when all of these are on different webpages. 

I can neither confirm or deny such a thing. It is however easier to see the details of your device :)