DumaOS Announcement: Development Progress & Testing

Netduma Luke

TBH guys no one likes delays and I understand anyone's frustration with this one since it has been several months since it has been announced that it would be released last fall.  What makes me nervous is that when there are delays there are issues.  I just hope the issue can be resolved very soon but my gut feeling is Netduma is trying to push the present hardware passed its limits and causing these delays.  My guess is with all the new features they are adding to the DumaOS they are seeing a drop off in throughput, basically bandwidth issues.  I hope I am totally wrong with this one but like I said it is just a "feeling" I have. I do have confidence if any team can do it, Netduma would be the one to make it work however you can't fit a square peg in a round hole no matter how innovative you are.

Actually you can fit a square peg in a round hole. 

I am confident that the hardware will work fine with the software.

Lol I thought someone was going to post something like this, I held my finger over the delete button for a second and said nah the members on this forum get the figure of speech but funny anyways, haha.

I hope you are right!

Well I was under the assumption that the ISP probably gives you some sort of device that creates the bridged connection and then you have the router connected to that bridge. But I guess it's kinda irrelevant on this part of the forum lol

Well I was under the assumption that the ISP probably gives you some sort of device that creates the bridged connection and then you have the router connected to that bridge. But I guess it's kinda irrelevant on this part of the forum lol

I have an Asus RT-AC87U running my Wi-Fi for the house that is plugged into the last port on my Netduma. However, on that model, if i had it running as the router, i could use their dual WAN mode and bond two at&t lines to get 40/2 as i currently have 20/1. Netduma alone does not have this feature but tbh, unless you just wanna download games faster, it won't help with ping or connection my man. 

it will be ready when it is ready. No point in badgering netduma about it as I would rather have a solid new OS than 1 with loads of bugs and get angry over them releasing something that wasn't ready!

Yeah I have an Asus router that I'm pretty sure can do the same. But they have bonding devices as well I believe. But yeah it's true it won't help as far as line noise or ping or that kind of thing. I wouldn't even want that speed to stream twitch because the connection already sucks lol so it'd be an embarrassment when I was having bad games where I can't even kill anyone

So I had this really random, crazy thought. Would you be able to prioritize bandwidth to certain ports? Vs the machine as a whole? For example, your playing call of duty and your in a party chat. Well obviously if your like me and you have low upload speed then the port specifically for party chat is actually using your upload bandwidth at the same time as your game is trying to. Do you suppose this could cause issues? Is there a possibility to not only have say said ports in hyperplane (I only use the specific ports of games I'm playing like call of duty 3075-3076) but also to make sure that those specific ports have a set amount of bandwidth so regardless party chat cannot interfere? Even if your not in party chat I feel like it would just be beneficial anyways for specific ports to have the required bandwidth because there are always background processes on the Xbox one and I'm sure the ps4 so allowing that port to run as smoothly as possible regardless of what the console is doing or other people on your network etc. So I guess it's more or less port prioritizing rather than just specifically the console. Idk maybe this is just some weird ass thought.

So I had this really random, crazy thought. Would you be able to prioritize bandwidth to certain ports? Vs the machine as a whole? For example, your playing call of duty and your in a party chat. Well obviously if your like me and you have low upload speed then the port specifically for party chat is actually using your upload bandwidth at the same time as your game is trying to. Do you suppose this could cause issues? Is there a possibility to not only have say said ports in hyperplane (I only use the specific ports of games I'm playing like call of duty 3075-3076) but also to make sure that those specific ports have a set amount of bandwidth so regardless party chat cannot interfere? Even if your not in party chat I feel like it would just be beneficial anyways for specific ports to have the required bandwidth because there are always background processes on the Xbox one and I'm sure the ps4 so allowing that port to run as smoothly as possible regardless of what the console is doing or other people on your network etc. So I guess it's more or less port prioritizing rather than just specifically the console. Idk maybe this is just some weird ass thought.

And I wonder, why do you keep asking questions about this topic that has nothing to do with dumaOS? So if you have doubts and questions do not open a topic to ask and stop filling this post of unnecessary questions?
This is for news and questions about dumaOs and is filling with absurd questions ....

a greeting

Is it ready yet?is it ready yet?is it ready yet?isitreadyyet?isitreadyyet?isitreadyyet?isitreadyyet?

The new Duma OS 2 tongue twister brought to you by "Is it ready yet" productions aka The Netduma Team

(It's a slow day!) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18AzodTPG5U