ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

soo the xr1000 won't be getting the dumaos 4? thats crazy. so im have to go out in  buy a r3 because the xr1000 will not be supported.  its the newest netgear router with netduma u would think it would get it. in i undertstand that 3.3 hasn't came to it well looks like im be pre ordering the r3 in retire my xr1000.

2 minutes ago, SuicideReaper420 said:

soo the xr1000 won't be getting the dumaos 4? thats crazy. so im have to go out in  buy a r3 because the xr1000 will not be supported.  its the newest netgear router with netduma u would think it would get it. in i undertstand that 3.3 hasn't came to it well looks like im be pre ordering the r3 in retire my xr1000.

Yep same here just bought the xr1000 too, kind of feel foisted

@SuicideReaper420All you need are the basics the latest DPI and the HVPN+Geofilter which are the core functions of dumaos you won't necessarily need to upgrade and it has wifi 6e which the R3 doesn't have and the extra ram so if your a heavy user household then the extra ram does save you the hassle of being constrained.

30 minutes ago, Mr_Meeseeks said:

Chrome all the way for me 

Thorium Browser is based on Chrome without Google bloat or telemetry.

It is faster than Chrome because of the performance modifications.

I was also a Chrome fanboy until I became educated.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Mr_Meeseeks said:

I’ve noticed that the ui of the xr1000 was slow 

will the ui of the x3 be the same ? 

That's probably to do with the inclusion of Armor or viewing via HTTPS, the R2 or any of the other XR routers don't have that issue and they run later versions of DumaOS.

28 minutes ago, SuicideReaper420 said:

Unfortunately not but it will receive 3.3, you can sign up here to be informed when it goes to closed beta: https://forms.gle/oL9ZCHn8tDKHpLbW6

I do have a few questions...

For someone like me who lives in the Midwest of USA I tend to get TERRIBLE ping often for Call of Duty lobbies, so what I want to know is;

1. Will the Geo filter be able to out smart the matchmaking if I select a different location or highlight a different area?

2. Is there a built in VPN?

3. COD usually has terrible hit reg and netcode issues, would this router combat that? I found the XR1000 did a great job.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DARKNESS said:

@SuicideReaper420All you need are the basics the latest DPI and the HVPN+Geofilter which are the core functions of dumaos you won't necessarily need to upgrade and it has wifi 6e which the R3 doesn't have and the extra ram so if your a heavy user household then the extra ram does save you the hassle of being constrained.

The XR1000 just uses WiFi 6 not 6E - doesn't have 6GHz 

24 minutes ago, patriotraitor said:

I do have a few questions...

For someone like me who lives in the Midwest of USA I tend to get TERRIBLE ping often for Call of Duty lobbies, so what I want to know is;

1. Will the Geo filter be able to out smart the matchmaking if I select a different location or highlight a different area?

2. Is there a built in VPN?

3. COD usually has terrible hit reg and netcode issues, would this router combat that? I found the XR1000 did a great job.

1. As with the current Geo-Filter you can force different areas
  2. No you need a VPN subscription from a provider
  3. It would be just as good if not better!

What's the steady ping heralds how does it work? Want more info on this sounds interesting.

Will there be an option to still separate 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands as smart home bulbs and stuff won't work on WiFi 6/5ghz

Is there a page for inputting a vpn still?

My eero pro 6 router gets speeds of 600mb on wifi6 will this still bottom out around 600mb or will this router be able to get the full 900mb I've got.

If 2.4ghz and 5ghz can be separated will I still have a wifi6 speed or will that be reduced? (If memory serves me wifi6 is achieved through 2.4and5ghz working together?

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

What's the steady ping heralds how does it work? Want more info on this sounds interesting.

Will there be an option to still separate 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands as smart home bulbs and stuff won't work on WiFi 6/5ghz

Is there a page for inputting a vpn still?

My eero pro 6 router gets speeds of 600mb on wifi6 will this still bottom out around 600mb or will this router be able to get the full 900mb I've got.

If 2.4ghz and 5ghz can be separated will I still have a wifi6 speed or will that be reduced? (If memory serves me wifi6 is achieved through 2.4and5ghz working together?

36 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

Will you ever add an option for the qos algorithms like fq codel and what not

1. We will be revealing more information on features like this in the coming weeks
  2. Yes you can split the bands
  3. Yes HybridVPN is still apart of the software and can be used as long as you have an OpenVPN or Wireguard config file from your provider
  4. We're still working on improving it at the moment so it's not set in stone but I'd say in the current state probably 600
  5. WiFi 6 is more about how well the router can cope with a lot of devices all connected to the WiFi at once, ensuring they get great speeds and stability so it will work with split bands
  6. I don't think we have plans for other algorithms given our direction with SmartQoS which is better than a normal algorithm

Pre-ordered as with R2... Mainly for dumaOS 4.0
Could you describe what will be gained from the perspective of a CoD player by switching from R2 to R3?

How does GEOFILTER 2.0 differ from what it is now? website says it in general terms.

STEADY PING (Anti-Jitter) what do I gain from it?
I have a CoD server in Warsaw, ping 15-18ms. Can Anti-Jitter influence better hit detection?