ANNOUNCEMENT: Introducing the Netduma R3

Netduma Lew

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, sharpz44 said:

I like the look of this , I`m currently using Asus Gt AX 6000 ,still have my all my other Netduma routers, I think I will give the R3 a run ,,, Cheers Fraser and hope your keeping well   

Great to hear that! Hardware wise it's actually better than the XR1000 if you're familiar with that. You're welcome, all good thanks!

22 minutes ago, Mr_Meeseeks said:

What are the dimensions of the R3?

The box dimensions are: 43cm x 30cm x 10cm 

Just getting the actual router dimensions for you, will update my post when I have it.

• Administrators
Just now, PSNPlayer said:

Does this one have any special recovery methods incase of a bricked router like my R2 did? By this I mean being able to use the USB port for forcing firmware updates or does the port have no functionality again?

We will be doing something like this yes so in a potential brick situation it should be easier to recover

This is an appealing development, and I'll eventually order the R3 too. I really want it lol. Two important questions please 🙏.

1. If i order it first week of December (after i get paid lol) and I live in New York USA - will I at least get the R3 this year? Or early 2024 👀?

2. And will dumaOS 4.0 have ping assist included? I remember 3.0 or 2.0 didn't get it at launch, but was added as a legacy feature with an update (OS #.1 or .2 etc). 

Thank you in advance :-)

Hi Lew, hi all Netduma team. First of all many thanks for netduma products.

I’m an IT professional from France 🇫🇷 and when have time do few multi fps games. Reason why I own the R2. How ever, to me, it lacks quite some fine tuning.

before I even pre order could you please tell me if the R3 will allow fine tuning essentially from a QoS point. Like on a firewall for example. At which level QoS will be enabled.

i understand the very automatic part of new systems that manage everything for us. That sounds very cool, but what about the manual and customized part?

thanks in advance 

regards

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Pentol said:

Hi Fraser,  any discount code for R3 ?

We've got the launch discount so our community can get it earlier at the cheapest price possible so we can't give any further discounts. If there is a favorite influencer who happens to work with us then perhaps you can get a little discount 🤔

12 minutes ago, Run_N_Gun_With_My_Netduma said:

This is an appealing development, and I'll eventually order the R3 too. I really want it lol. Two important questions please 🙏.

1. If i order it first week of December (after i get paid lol) and I live in New York USA - will I at least get the R3 this year? Or early 2024 👀?

2. And will dumaOS 4.0 have ping assist included? I remember 3.0 or 2.0 didn't get it at launch, but was added as a legacy feature with an update (OS #.1 or .2 etc). 

Thank you in advance 🙂

Great to hear that!

1. They will be shipping on a first purchased basis so it's very hard to say for certain, depends on the volume of orders/if we sell out but most likely you would still get it this year.
  2. Not quite, with another feature we're bringing into the Geo-Filter it may interact, we're still deciding really.
9 minutes ago, Amah said:

Hi Lew, hi all Netduma team. First of all many thanks for netduma products.

I’m an IT professional from France 🇫🇷 and when have time do few multi fps games. Reason why I own the R2. How ever, to me, it lacks quite some fine tuning.

before I even pre order could you please tell me if the R3 will allow fine tuning essentially from a QoS point. Like on a firewall for example. At which level QoS will be enabled.

i understand the very automatic part of new systems that manage everything for us. That sounds very cool, but what about the manual and customized part?

thanks in advance 

regards

There won't be customization at that kind of level, however, we are allowing people to fine tune the priority levels: 

image.png

Also check out our new video on it: 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, JoshTheLuz said:

If Duma OS 4 is available for the R2, what are the advantages of having it on the R3? Why should I buy the R3 instead of just installing OS 4 on my trusty old R2?

Well currently we haven't started porting it to the R2 so it could be awhile before you see it so you'll get it sooner with the R3. Features such as the dynamic RGB based on what is being prioritized will only be on the R3 as the R2 doesn't have RGB. Plus generally the R3 has much better hardware - better than the XR1000 if you're familiar with that so it will generally run a lot better as it was made on the R3. 

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We've got the launch discount so our community can get it earlier at the cheapest price possible so we can't give any further discounts. If there is a favorite influencer who happens to work with us then perhaps you can get a little discount 🤔

Great to hear that!

1. They will be shipping on a first purchased basis so it's very hard to say for certain, depends on the volume of orders/if we sell out but most likely you would still get it this year.
  2. Not quite, with another feature we're bringing into the Geo-Filter it may interact, we're still deciding really.

There won't be customization at that kind of level, however, we are allowing people to fine tune the priority levels: 

image.png

Also check out our new video on it: 

Merci beaucoup Lew. You guys are amazing.

Hope this priority level setting will also apply device wise

Im a bit disappointed...

no 10gbit port or at least 2.5gbit port

Better wifi is always good but i dont need it(always wired)

rgb bling bling i dont need it i always turn rgb off.

better hardware inside maybe more power efficient.

but i dont see much improvement compared to r2...

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Amah said:

Merci beaucoup Lew. You guys are amazing.

Hope this priority level setting will also apply device wise

Thanks! Yes it works for devices instead of activity as well.

Just now, Anilman92 said:

Im a bit disappointed...

no 10gbit port or at least 2.5gbit port

Better wifi is always good but i dont need it(always wired)

rgb bling bling i dont need it i always turn rgb off.

better hardware inside maybe more power efficient.

but i dont see much improvement compared to r2...

Sorry to hear that, we could do higher speed ports, WiFi 7, all the latest tech but with that would come a huge price increase. We've always been about getting the most bang for your buck and we feel we've done that here. The vast majority of our community would not be able to actually make use of those features, so then they're paying over the odds to try the new software and other improvements. It doesn't make sense for us to do that at this time, we're only now just getting internet speeds faster than 1Gbps in the UK so it would be quite hard for us to actually test this or get much meaningful feedback. 

I covered it a little on the previous page, this is by no means a complete list but some of the immediate improvements:

1. Improved antennae
  2. Improved ventilation
  3. Addition of WPS
  4. Addition of power button
  5. Overall increased hardware specs (it's actually better than the XR1000 if you're familiar)
  6. Completely new software
  7. Functional RGB - it actually has a purpose as you can see the router is actively prioritizing gaming for example

Even if you're not sold on the R3 that's okay as you'll get to experience DumaOS 4 at a later date on your R2 so still something to be excited about!

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks! Yes it works for devices instead of activity as well.

Sorry to hear that, we could do higher speed ports, WiFi 7, all the latest tech but with that would come a huge price increase. We've always been about getting the most bang for your buck and we feel we've done that here. The vast majority of our community would not be able to actually make use of those features, so then they're paying over the odds to try the new software and other improvements. It doesn't make sense for us to do that at this time, we're only now just getting internet speeds faster than 1Gbps in the UK so it would be quite hard for us to actually test this or get much meaningful feedback. 

I covered it a little on the previous page, this is by no means a complete list but some of the immediate improvements:

1. Improved antennae
  2. Improved ventilation
  3. Addition of WPS
  4. Addition of power button
  5. Overall increased hardware specs (it's actually better than the XR1000 if you're familiar)
  6. Completely new software
  7. Functional RGB - it actually has a purpose as you can see the router is actively prioritizing gaming for example

Even if you're not sold on the R3 that's okay as you'll get to experience DumaOS 4 at a later date on your R2 so still something to be excited about!

The less ram in the R3 256 

compared to the xr1000 at 512 ram 

is that the final design spec for the R3?

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Mr_Meeseeks said:

Comparing the specs of the xr1000 and R3 

r3 -

256 Flash 256 ram

1.5Ghz quad core CPU

xr1000 -

256 Flash 512 ram

1.5Ghz triple core CPU

Less ram compared to the xr1000 seams concerning 

1 minute ago, Mr_Meeseeks said:

The less ram in the R3 256 

compared to the xr1000 at 512 ram 

is that the final design spec for the R3?

Concerning in what way exactly? It's not meant to be a direct comparison to that router, just an example as it's what people know, the R3 does have an extra CPU core though and is from what I've just checked £100 cheaper than the XR1000 currently. Yes it's final spec.

1 minute ago, IREWolfman said:

Anyone want to buy a R2? So I can buy an R3!

I would if I could I have a r1 xr500 and xr1000 trying to get the newer ones too!

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Concerning in what way exactly? It's not meant to be a direct comparison to that router, just an example as it's what people know, the R3 does have an extra CPU core though and is from what I've just checked £100 cheaper than the XR1000 currently. Yes it's final spec.

I’ve noticed that the ui of the xr1000 was slow 

will the ui of the x3 be the same ? 

5 minutes ago, Mr_Meeseeks said:

I’ve noticed that the ui of the xr1000 was slow 

will the ui of the x3 be the same ? 

A couple recommendations.

Stop viewing nefarious websites.

Use a better we browser.

I recommend Thorium Browser.