ANNOUNCEMENT: New R2 Firmware! (3.0.179)

Netduma Jack B

10 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Yep that was my process. First thing I did was a factory reset after upgrading the firmware. I think I have fixed it now, I went to an older version then upgraded to this and no more gui bugs.

What I did notice after the first upgrade and factory reset, the initial setup was plain text with a white background and after finishing it, it said duma os not loaded please wait or something.. then redirected me to the buggy interface.

Also FYI after my initial reboot the bug where I lose most of the wifi channels is still happening so I only have like 3-4 channels to chose from and the 5g is completely gone. Both lights are on but the 5g doesn't broadcast (i have mirrored off, separate SSID for 2g and 5g)

^ Reported same issue above

After this update my WIFI became very unstable and seem to have very short range compare to previous version (and both versions seem to have shorter range than ISP router).

I now can't even connect in my Bedroom to the WIFI, connection is very unstable and disconnects frequently.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Yep that was my process. First thing I did was a factory reset after upgrading the firmware. I think I have fixed it now, I went to an older version then upgraded to this and no more gui bugs.

What I did notice after the first upgrade and factory reset, the initial setup was plain text with a white background and after finishing it, it said duma os not loaded please wait or something.. then redirected me to the buggy interface.

Also FYI after my initial reboot the bug where I lose most of the wifi channels is still happening so I only have like 3-4 channels to chose from and the 5g is completely gone. Both lights are on but the 5g doesn't broadcast (i have mirrored off, separate SSID for 2g and 5g)

I've got tickets open for those issues currently so we'll try and get those sorted as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, Oren Tasuna said:

After this update my WIFI became very unstable and seem to have very short range compare to previous version (and both versions seem to have shorter range than ISP router).

I now can't even connect in my Bedroom to the WIFI, connection is very unstable and disconnects frequently.

Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that. Also experiment with the widths options to find what gives you good range and speed.

On 10/31/2020 at 7:59 PM, johnnytran said:

had the same issues so i ended up going back to the launch slow loading firmware unfortunately and im staying on this one because the latest is um?. I'm not sure with these updates if Duma os is improving or going the opposite way. The way i figure it,i have about 30 days give or take until my router starts not responding again then i will have to factory reset everything all over again. I guess this is just they way it is. Not sure what's going on but alot of features  are not doing what they are intended to do.  almost kicking myself as to why i upgraded as  i see people jump from one router to another with OS 3.0 and having similar issues. you live and learn i guess sometimes the hard way lol like as in,  through your pockets.

3.123.jpg

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

had the same issues so i ended up going back to the launch slow loading firmware unfortunately and im staying on this one because the latest is um?. I'm not sure with these updates if Duma os is improving or going the opposite way. The way i figure it,i have about 30 days give or take until my router starts not responding again then i will have to factory reset everything all over again. I guess this is just they way it is. Not sure what's going on but alot of features  are not doing what they are intended to do. 

What issues did you still have and did you reset after upgrading?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What issues did you still have and did you reset after upgrading?

Same as johnnytran.   even after getting .179 up and going it was exhibiting the same issues as locking up slowing down and speed issues so i reverted back to launch firmware. Now I'm back in business for however long it takes for the router to stop loading r apps and slow down completely then i will just factory reset  but first save my allow n deny lists with caddy and wait for a stable build sometime in the future.

22 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

Same as johnnytran.   even after getting .179 up and going it was exhibiting the same issues as locking up slowing down and speed issues so i reverted back to launch firmware. Now I'm back in business for however long it takes for the router to stop loading r apps and slow down completely then i will just factory reset  but first save my allow n deny lists with caddy and wait for a stable build sometime in the future.

Did you do what @Netduma Fraser said to do and factory reset the R2 after upgrading to .179?

1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

Did you do what @Netduma Fraser said to do and factory reset the R2 after upgrading to .179?

yes i did that and it worked and issues started showing up. so i said let me see if i can go back to the original  launch firmware which i did and it works. It took about 30 days to completely slow down, ".123" so for now i will stay on the launch firmware. all versions of 3.0 on R2 have issues but the launch has least amount until it slows down again and becomes non responsive. Understand?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, CableGames22 said:

yes i did that and it worked and issues started showing up. so i said let me see if i can go back to the original  launch firmware which i did and it works. It took about 30 days to completely slow down, ".123" so for now i will stay on the launch firmware. all versions of 3.0 on R2 have issues but the launch has least amount until it slows down again and becomes non responsive. Understand?

Very odd, should be the most stable build so far. I see you're using IPv6, it shouldn't make a difference but could you disable it and see if it performs any better please? Unless you've disabled it then Adblocker will be enabled so try disabling that also.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Very odd, should be the most stable build so far. I see you're using IPv6, it shouldn't make a difference but could you disable it and see if it performs any better please? Unless you've disabled it then Adblocker will be enabled so try disabling that also.

oh its fine i downgraded. i'm not on .179 i'm on 123 now.. going to wait until other stable versions come out in the future no biggie.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've got tickets open for those issues currently so we'll try and get those sorted as soon as possible.

Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that. Also experiment with the widths options to find what gives you good range and speed.

Still the same, wifi is poor. In general, I don't need to have to use a WIFI analyzer to succeed getting WIFI strength as I get from my ISP, I bought this router to improve my experience, not degrade it.

On 10/31/2020 at 1:47 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you require PPPoE, etc to make a connection or does it just use DHCP? What is your exact physical setup?

Fraser, no idea what PPPoE or DHCP is. I’m running this the same way I was prior to the update. I let the modem sit overnight per your suggestion in another thread to see if that would help. I’m still getting the DumaOS page up and then it just says “could not detect an internet connection”. However, I have the power, internet, 2.4 and 5ghz lights lit solid, I get the dumaos page up so there’s a connection somewhere....but for whatever reason, it won’t set up. This is getting pretty frustrating. 

its also coming up in my wifi but is telling me it’s unjoinable. 

I’m running this from a MoCA adapter and a netgearc7000. Again, no issues before the update. 

1 hour ago, CableGames22 said:

Where did you get 123 from? I want to revert too...

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Oren Tasuna said:

Still the same, wifi is poor. In general, I don't need to have to use a WIFI analyzer to succeed getting WIFI strength as I get from my ISP, I bought this router to improve my experience, not degrade it.

You had no increase in speeds or anything changing the widths? Are you using mirror mode? If so I'd suggest disabling that.

20 minutes ago, Shecki said:

Fraser, no idea what PPPoE or DHCP is. I’m running this the same way I was prior to the update. I let the modem sit overnight per your suggestion in another thread to see if that would help. I’m still getting the DumaOS page up and then it just says “could not detect an internet connection”. However, I have the power, internet, 2.4 and 5ghz lights lit solid, I get the dumaos page up so there’s a connection somewhere....but for whatever reason, it won’t set up. This is getting pretty frustrating. 

its also coming up in my wifi but is telling me it’s unjoinable. 

I’m running this from a MoCA adapter and a netgearc7000. Again, no issues before the update. 

Okay in settings, click apply for DHCP and see if that restores the connection.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You had no increase in speeds or anything changing the widths? Are you using mirror mode? If so I'd suggest disabling that.

Okay in settings, click apply for DHCP and see if that restores the connection.

Not using mirror mode. Please just send me a link to the previous version, all my WIFI in my house became a complete mess and I don't have the time nor the energy for testing random suggestions.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Oren Tasuna said:

Not using mirror mode. Please just send me a link to the previous version, all my WIFI in my house became a complete mess and I don't have the time nor the energy for testing random suggestions.

I don't have a public version accessible right now, will ask the team for one and get back to you.

@Netduma Jack B @Netduma Fraser I very rarely post on the public forum but FYI Installed. Early days yet but so far so GOOD!

I am running PPPoE on a VDSL 80/20 real world 57DL 9 UL. The only other R-App I have running is HVPN which seems to be working fine for now on this firmware 

For the first time I have gone with auto setup on the CC which gave me 50%DL (28Mbps DL) and 11%UL (1(ONE!) Mbps UL!). I have tried Auto CC in  the past but always found it glitchy/aggressive in terms of % and never dialled in when gaming to be honest so I always manually set CC to 70/70 or 65/60. 

.179 public is so far the best gaming session family has had and no impact on streaming at the same time even using auto CC setup. Thats on 3 Consoles on wifi. I also had HVPN running for 2 Firesticks streaming Netflix at the time no slow down and very fast loading of films.

I cant say that the in game ping was any better numbers wise however going by feel, gaming was very very smooth. the best yet and Ive been beta testing R2 over a year now. 

Just thought I'd chip in as i was actually ready to go back to some of the earlier betas  just to give the family a break.

FYI I installed .179 then did hard reset then switch R2 off for about 10 mins for no reason other than i was busy but just incase that makes any difference.

Just to let you know I have not looked into wifi strength or range stats as yet. What I can say is that we have a PS4 quite far from the R2 and gaming was really good on wifi. best yet..

PS mirror mode is off and TP is set to DumaOS Classified

I had my first issue today, I stepped away from my PC for 20 mins, noticed my wifi wasn't working so went back to PC and noticed there was no connection (R2 connected to PC via ethernet). The wifi on the R2 has been switched off and i've been using my old router as an AP but noticed the wifi lights on the R2 were on which was odd. Couldn't access the R2 at its IP address so had to switch it off so no log file unfortunately.

• Administrators
On 10/30/2020 at 5:40 PM, jb68 said:

Hello,

Since this firmware is now public, noticing GUI bugs on Network Monitor and Adblocker. I have tested this on different browsers too.

Anyone else get these GUI bugs.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:09 PM, jb68 said:

Hello, I have upgraded the firmware and did the resolution is  2880 x 1800. Using a MacBook Pro. But the issue is their on my iPad and iPhone too. 

Showing the issue on the latest build

On 10/31/2020 at 6:31 AM, johnnytran said:

I ended up updating to the one posted here, did a factory reset and have gui glitches.

Router won't reboot via the menu. In the network settings screenshot you can see the loading symbol in the middle of the screen, its on every page. I also cant click on any of the settings (network, wifi, dhcp etc). Unplugged R2 to reboot, all the gui glitches are there but at least i can change settings. Fingers crossed i can downgrade firmware

Hi Guys,

Are you able to open up the console in your browser and see if any errors are occuring when the page loads? Please do this on a page that you are experiencing GUI issues with so we can see what might be causing them.

This is usually done by pressing F12, i will attatch a screenshot of mine for reference. Console .png

If any errors are occuring please let me know and I will pass them onto the development team.

15 hours ago, Oren Tasuna said:

It’s all about WiFi standards and hardware. The R2 is a basic wifi 5 spec router, these require a bit more work to get the WiFi coverage and throughput. As you step up to say a XR500 which is WiFi 5 but more features built into the chipset, you then step up in hardware which has more features built in to help WiFi, then you step up to the XR1000 which has even more hardware spec to help achieve a better WiFi experience. 
Each one has a price increase and here’s the problem, there is no holy grail of routers, it’s just understanding the limitations of the hardware you have.

so the R2 does require a bit more understanding as other nearby channels that overlap can cause more interference which impacts the performance. That’s not to say the R2 is a bad router, it just has limitations and as such is priced as such. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Jack B said:

Hi Guys,

Are you able to open up the console in your browser and see if any errors are occuring when the page loads ?

This is usually done by pressing F12, i will attatch a screenshot of mine for reference. Console .png

If any errors are occuring please let me know and I will pass them onto the development team.

hWAoIvH.png

Attached file