ANNOUNCEMENT: New R2 Firmware! (3.0.179)

Netduma Jack B

• Administrators
1 hour ago, XR500J said:

Thanks for the responses guys. @Netduma Liam I am using the latest 3.0.179 firmware. I know that a previous firmware I was supplied by Fraser definitely had the options. I tend to use channel 100 with my routers as any other channel normally ends up giving drastically reduced performance on the 5ghz band.

It's weird that I can't see any channels higher than 48 as the original post of this thread specifically mentions having additional wi-fi channels including DFS.

I think on that version after awhile they disappear which is an issue. If you factory reset they may return briefly.

Yeah I've just factory reset on 3.0.179 firmware and the DFS channels were showing, however after the router is rebooted they disappear and only go up to channel 48. Surely that is a bug. Will it be fixed?

• Administrators
14 hours ago, XR500J said:

Yeah I've just factory reset on 3.0.179 firmware and the DFS channels were showing, however after the router is rebooted they disappear and only go up to channel 48. Surely that is a bug. Will it be fixed?

Yes that is a bug and will be fixed. I generally wouldn't advise using a DFS channel though.

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that is a bug and will be fixed. I generally wouldn't advise using a DFS channel though.

Thanks for the response,  I'm not sure if there's a specific place I should be posting this but I've noticed another bug.

It relates to QoS, the traffic prioritisation specifically.

Basically if I add a device/create a rule I need to toggle "Netduma Classified Games" on and off for the router to register that high priority traffic is being detected. 

Normally it should register automatically and the red light will light up. Now I've tested this with entries with manually set ports, and entries where I select a pre-set e.g a specific game, or program. The same bug occurs.

Is this something you were aware of?

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, XR500J said:

Thanks for the response,  I'm not sure if there's a specific place I should be posting this but I've noticed another bug.

It relates to QoS, the traffic prioritisation specifically.

Basically if I add a device/create a rule I need to toggle "Netduma Classified Games" on and off for the router to register that high priority traffic is being detected. 

Normally it should register automatically and the red light will light up. Now I've tested this with entries with manually set ports, and entries where I select a pre-set e.g a specific game, or program. The same bug occurs.

Is this something you were aware of?

Was the console already on at that point? If so that is probably why, if you apply it when it is completely off then turn it on then it should work right away.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Was the console already on at that point? If so that is probably why, if you apply it when it is completely off then turn it on then it should work right away.

The issue is once the device is off, and then switches back on the router doesn't appear to detect it automatically until I toggle duma classified games on and off, then back on again for some reason.

To clarify I make sure that there's actually traffic for the router to detect, and the traffic prioritisation will not light up until I toggle duma classified games a few times.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, XR500J said:

The issue is once the device is off, and then switches back on the router doesn't appear to detect it automatically until I toggle duma classified games on and off, then back on again for some reason.

To clarify I make sure that there's actually traffic for the router to detect, and the traffic prioritisation will not light up until I toggle duma classified games a few times.

What game are you playing when it doesn't detect the traffic properly?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, TungsteN said:

Proper noob here, got my R2 yesterday!

How do I download the .sig to windows 10, to then drag and drop into firmware upgrade?

Hey, welcome to the forum, Happy New Year!

• Open DumaOS at 192.168.77.1 or /dumaos/ in your web browser
  • Click the three dots in the top right of the interface
  • Click Update
  • Click 'Select Upgrade File' and choose the file you just downloaded
  • Click 'Upgrade' and wait about 5 minutes for the update to apply
  • Do not unplug your unit during this time!

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum, Happy New Year!

• Open DumaOS at 192.168.77.1 or /dumaos/ in your web browser
  • Click the three dots in the top right of the interface
  • Click Update
  • Click 'Select Upgrade File' and choose the file you just downloaded
  • Click 'Upgrade' and wait about 5 minutes for the update to apply
  • Do not unplug your unit during this time!

Hey, thank you for the reply. When I download the link to DropBox, then select download, i don't have an option to save as a .SIG. this is where i am struggling.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, TungsteN said:

Hey, thank you for the reply. When I download the link to DropBox, then select download, i don't have an option to save as a .SIG. this is where i am struggling.

The link is direct to the sig file, click the blue download button in the middle of the page and select direct download. That will then prompt you where to save it, select where you want and you're good to go, then you can continue with how to upgrade.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, TungsteN said:

I legit tried about 5 times & nothing was happening. Just done it again now & it has worked!

Thank you for the response(s). #HNY2021

Great to hear you got it working, Happy New Year!

• Administrators
5 hours ago, ra1k_0 said:

G'day,

It's been a while since I've been in the forum's. Last I knew I was emailed for the beta for 3.0 for the R1. With the R2 now out. I'm assuming you guys have forgotten about the R1??

No we haven't forgotten, the R1 is still in beta stage with the latest being .171. We're giving access to anyone that asks for it. I've given you access if you'd like to try it.

Congestion Control Auto-Setup is now less aggressive - users should see improved results.

I just get 1% in each slider now, the update before it seemed to give a better result for me?

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, mfoz11 said:

I just get 1% in each slider now, the update before it seemed to give a better result for me?

There is still work to be done on that, for the next update we have implemented Advanced Options for Auto Setup so you can fine tune it more and select how aggressive you want it to be.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is still work to be done on that, for the next update we have implemented Advanced Options for Auto Setup so you can fine tune it more and select how aggressive you want it to be.

Ah ok thanks, loving the router so far though 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Ralphpantsgaming said:

I updated the firmware and suddenly every time I go to the GEO filter section this pops up. 

Did you do a factory reset after you updated? As that is highly recommended to prevent issues such as this from carrying over.

3 hours ago, Ralphpantsgaming said:

Yes I factory reset twice already. I did it by pressing the reset button in the back of the router and even through the menu and it still persist 

Did you keep it pressed in for 10 seconds?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Ralphpantsgaming said:

Yes I factory reset twice already. I did it by pressing the reset button in the back of the router and even through the menu and it still persist 

I'd suggest holding it for 30 seconds to make sure it reset properly, did you get prompted with a setup wizard after you did it previously?