ANNOUNCEMENT: New R2 Firmware! (3.0.179)

Netduma Jack B

• Administrators
9 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Used this new firmware for about a week and suddenly my 5ghz range is like 10 feet and my 2.4ghz network went back to disconnecting randomly and not coming back up for about 30 minutes and sometimes not until i reboot the router. Also seeing an issue where my ps4 randomly disconnects over and over for a few minutes before stabilizing. I need the 2.4 network to stay up due to my house camera's using it. Ended up disabling the r2 wifi and hooking up a netgear router in AP mode to mitigate this issue for now.

Did you do a factory reset afterwards? If so then AP is the best idea for the moment until we can improve further.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, migueltaveras6 said:

Any update for xr500? Lol

Still in Open Beta, still accessible here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

New beta build coming soon. No ETA on stable public build - depends on beta.

On 11/7/2020 at 1:49 AM, Newfie said:

A little tip but if you are using 2.4 for security cameras it’s best to have PMF which stops cameras being taken down. For any type of security you need to insure the router meets the spec needed.

It's not just my camera's, it's the 2.4ghz network that completely goes down and the range on the 5ghz is pretty bad. 

On 11/7/2020 at 6:40 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you do a factory reset afterwards? If so then AP is the best idea for the moment until we can improve further.

Yessir, went back to the OG firmware, factory reset, upgraded and then did another factory clear. Unfortunately the 2.4ghz network still drops out randomly, doesn't stay down but it's a nuisance still Unfortunately.  The 5ghz range is still all over the place as well. Right now it's running as a router with a dd-wrt AP running. Hopefully you guys find a fix for this, cheers brother.

3 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

It's not just my camera's, it's the 2.4ghz network that completely goes down and the range on the 5ghz is pretty bad. 

PMF means protected management frames, your router does not have this. What happens is and it’s fairly common that you can deauth the cameras which means they can be taken down very easily. A simple ESP8266 which is about £3 will shut down your WiFi hence my comments.

WiFi 6 must include PMF which means a more secure network. The XR1000 should include this. It was just to make you aware how insecure WIFi is if you are relying on WiFi security cameras.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 10:49 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a full page screenshot (including browser) of what you're seeing there please so I can best advise?

Fraser....it’s not much to look at it’s just the download bandwidth page like I was saying. I click next and it does nothing....at all. There has to be a way to reset this thing short of the reset button on the back that’s doing absolutely nothing. Do you guys have any kind of phone support or is this it? Having to chime in on here to get a response a day isn’t the best way to get this done. Thanks.

642BC1E9-04E8-47D7-B4CD-16BD1407A19F.jpeg

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Shecki said:

Fraser....it’s not much to look at it’s just the download bandwidth page like I was saying. I click next and it does nothing....at all. There has to be a way to reset this thing short of the reset button on the back that’s doing absolutely nothing. Do you guys have any kind of phone support or is this it? Having to chime in on here to get a response a day isn’t the best way to get this done. Thanks.

What web browser are you using? Do you have any extensions like an Adblocker enabled on the browser? Does it work in another browser or via an Incognito window? We don't have any phone support as we're a small company. I'm on all our support platforms for 10hours each day noon - 10PM GMT 6-7 days a week so if you post within those times you'll get multiple responses.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What web browser are you using? Do you have any extensions like an Adblocker enabled on the browser? Does it work in another browser or via an Incognito window? We don't have any phone support as we're a small company. I'm on all our support platforms for 10hours each day noon - 10PM GMT 6-7 days a week so if you post within those times you'll get multiple responses.

Thanks for the reply back. Currently not home...at the office. But last night I had cleared both the cache and history on both Firefox and Edge for browsers and for the same result....it would not advance past that bandwidth page. It’s clearly getting an internet signal according to the light being lit on the router and me being able to pull that page up at all, but for whatever reason, no matter how I try to run it...different ports....it won’t let me get to the interface. 

• Administrators

Thanks for the information, weird question but how did you enter the speeds? Did you paste them in, type them, use the arrow keys in the box, use the arrows on the keyboard? When you can see if you can access the interface directly by going to this link: http://192.168.77.1/desktop/index.html#com.netdumasoftware.desktop 

If not, use Google Chrome, right click the page > Inspect Element. Go to the Network Tab and click the disable cache box. Keep this Window open and hold down the browser refresh button and select the Empty Cache and Hard reload option, then try to continue.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the information, weird question but how did you enter the speeds? Did you paste them in, type them, use the arrow keys in the box, use the arrows on the keyboard? When you can see if you can access the interface directly by going to this link: http://192.168.77.1/desktop/index.html#com.netdumasoftware.desktop 

If not, use Google Chrome, right click the page > Inspect Element. Go to the Network Tab and click the disable cache box. Keep this Window open and hold down the browser refresh button and select the Empty Cache and Hard reload option, then try to continue.

I will give this a try tonight when I get back home and see if that works. I will update you with the results. Thanks for your time Fraser.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:52 AM, Shecki said:

I will give this a try tonight when I get back home and see if that works. I will update you with the results. Thanks for your time Fraser.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:28 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Fraser, just tried all of the things you mentioned above....still the same result. It will not move past the bandwidth page. Any idea moving forward? Thank you.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do another reset I think, hold the reset button for 30 seconds, wait 1-2 minutes, access and see if you can get past that point please.

That worked! The only problem I’m having now is that I don’t use this router in the main PC room....I use it on an Xbox and I need to make any adjustments from the mobile app and it won’t connect to the mobile app now.....but the router is at least functional. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Ghibli said:

Keep getting disconnected, also UI is bugging on Newest update. 5ghz also disappeared. 

Did you do a factory reset after the update?

12 hours ago, Shecki said:

That worked! The only problem I’m having now is that I don’t use this router in the main PC room....I use it on an Xbox and I need to make any adjustments from the mobile app and it won’t connect to the mobile app now.....but the router is at least functional. 

On the app, select the R2 manually instead of Auto, then see if it lets you in.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
15 hours ago, Ghibli said:

Did you do a factory reset after the update

Yes, currently the router is running smooth. No issues since turning mirrored off on the WiFi. Even tho we kept getting disconnected On WiFi & Ethernet connected devices. Will update if more issues come up. 

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you do a factory reset after the update?

On the app, select the R2 manually instead of Auto, then see if it lets you in.

I’ve always selected the R1/R2 option....but yes, just confirmed that’s what I was doing and it still says can’t connect to server. 

4893E6CB-2A29-4538-9FE4-9663126C0353.png

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You've obviously connected to the app before as you've changed the theme. Which WiFi are you connected to to access? 2.4 or 5GHz or mirror mode SSID? Does it make a difference on which WiFi you connect?

Yes, prior to the firmware update, I was using the app and changed the theme. It did not give me a Netdum wifi option other than “Netduma R2” in wifi. So I connected to that one....the only one. Also, yes, I was on Netdumas wifi when I was trying to connect. Just on my other wifi now as it’s a stronger connection for my phone.

64D77BA6-34B3-4FD1-A749-4726FF9F74F9.png

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is there an update you need to do for the app at all if you check the app store?

Just uninstalled, reinstalled (to make sure I had the most current version)and then tried again. Same result. 

00538E4B-1E85-4B44-9781-F5F7827B372D.png