ANNOUNCEMENT: New R2 Firmware! (3.0.179)

Netduma Jack B

• Administrators

Thanks a lot for that. Untick remember me, close down the app, relaunch it and enter your details without those options ticked and see if it works please. If not can you try accessing dumaos in a web browser please? Also have you changed the router LAN IP at all?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks a lot for that. Untick remember me, close down the app, relaunch it and enter your details without those options ticked and see if it works please. If not can you try accessing dumaos in a web browser please? Also have you changed the router LAN IP at all?

No luck there either. I haven’t changed the LAN IP to my knowledge. Should still be the same as when we finally got it to get to the interface on the PC

8C43B2D2-5BC6-44CD-B68B-D45FD464B321.png

So I took the router back into my office, logged back into the interface, did a factory reset again and brought it back into the family room where I have it running through MoCA to console. I was able to log back on to mobile app, so we’re good there. Ping times aren’t that great....but at least it’s functional. The ping times I’m getting aren’t really any better than if I ran the console direct from MoCa. Was hoping for better results, but at least it’s functional.

Amazing router! Keeps getting better, in hardcore modes of MW connection is very important and the hit detection needs to be crisp, this firmware improves the R2 even more. B)

On 10/30/2020 at 10:20 AM, Netduma Jack B said:

Hi everyone,

We know what you’re thinking, and we get it.

We said R2 updates would be frequent (and they will be), but this update ended up enveloping a lot more than we initially expected. That’s frustrating for you and for us too.

However, we hope you’ll find the wait was worth it – this is a huge update with fixes and changes across the board. Feedback on the R2 has been great, helping us to improve everyone’s experience while fixing specific problems too. The changelog below shows just much work has gone into this update.

This is the latest in DumaOS and it sets the stage for new features we’ll reveal in the near future. From all of us at Netduma, thanks for your patience, and for caring enough about DumaOS to stay vocal. We hope you enjoy the latest firmware!

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1krvgqi4peslusv/DumaOS-R2-3.0.179.sig?dl=0

General Improvements

•          System-wide GUI improvements.
  •          Memory usage improvements.
  •          Added new Copy to Clipboard button for information generated by Rapp Performance and Device Manager > Wi-Fi Scan (also a new addition).
  •          Fixed initial tour throwing errors if ‘Next’ clicked too early.
  •          Fixed various issues with upgrade process.
  •          Fixed various vulnerabilities.

Wi-Fi Improvements

•          Improved Wi-Fi band steering.
  •          Improved Wi-Fi range coverage.
  •          Fixed Wi-Fi settings not preserving on firmware upgrades.
  •          Fixed Wi-Fi station details displaying incorrectly if the device is disconnected.
  •          Fixed 5GHz channel not starting correctly when splitting the channels.
  •          Added auto Wi-Fi channel detection, picking the least noisy Wi-Fi channel to achieve better results.
  •          Added Wi-Fi channel width setting for greater control.
  •          Added Wi-Fi region setup to the setup wizard.
  •          Added Wi-Fi radar detection DFS channels.
  •          Added Wi-Fi Performance feature to devices.
  •          Added Wi-Fi Scan feature.
  •          Added more Wi-Fi stations information for better debugging.

Ping Heatmap

•          Fixed Ping Heatmap displaying multiple graphs when spam-clicking.

QoS

•          Congestion Control Auto-Setup is now less aggressive - users should see improved results.
  •          Improved QoS Stability.
  •          QoS now loads quicker on start-up.
  •          Fixed QoS not always loading correctly.
  •          Fixed QoS crashes and stability issues.
  •          Fixed Congestion Control Auto-Setup layout issues when zoomed in.
  •          Fixed "Applying Settings" popup appearing when Auto-Setup loads.
  •          Fixed Congestion Control Auto-Setup button.
  •          Fixed Auto-Setup not always setting the slider.
  •          Fixed incorrect padding around auto-setup bars.
  •          Fixed Auto-Setup throttling below 1%.

Connection Benchmark

•          Fixed issues with Speed Test when WAN is disconnected.
  •          Fixed Ping Under Load test not working correctly.

Device Manager

•          Device status will update between online and offline much faster.
  •          Fixed Device Manager crashes.
  •          Fixed Device Manager spam messages about device status.
  •          Fixed issue where devices sometimes have no name.
  •          Fixed issue when adding a new device causing Rapps to fail.

Traffic Controller

• Fixed Traffic Controller causing DumaOS to fail loading

Network Settings

•          Fixed MAC cloning to update the device interface correctly.
  •          Removed MAC address cloning toggle, added reset button.
  •          Added more special characters for Wi-Fi password entry.

Misc.

•          Updated to use new multi-threaded webserver for faster GUI loading.

Installation instructions:

• Download the file above
  • Open DumaOS at 192.168.77.1 or /dumaos/
  • Click the three dots in the top right of the interface
  • Click Update
  • Click 'Select Upgrade File' and choose the file you just downloaded
  • Click 'Upgrade' and wait about 5 minutes for the update to apply
  • Do not unplug your unit during this time!

Just got a NetDuma router and installed this update and my wifi is still disconnecting after 5 minutes. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, gkontos10 said:

What about XR500?? 

New build for that is imminent!

10 hours ago, AmericanBlood said:

Just got a NetDuma router and installed this update and my wifi is still disconnecting after 5 minutes. 

Make sure you factory reset after having done the upgrade. If you're still having that issue then disable mirror mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names, use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and experiment with the widths. We're still working on improving the WiFi as much as possible.

1 hour ago, Ownsin said:

What about Netgear routers in general. When will we be getting the update? We have been waiting for ages now for 3.0

XR500 is getting a new build imminently, 700 shouldn't be much longer and 300 will be after that.

Since childhood, they tell us that weapons are good, but only in some cases, that you always have to have some ammo with you and not even weapons,
 but just some ammo. Is it about internal ammo when talking about work or ammo when we meet someone. Ammo and weapons are inseparable items from ourselves.
 The longer you live the better you know how to get weapons that don't kill, how to get ammo that don't kill,
 you get it all and suddenly you don't know when you're becoming one big item.

https://odealo.com/games/escape-from-tarkov/items

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Kora_max12 said:

The update is hit. Honestly, I had concerns - you know how it is after updates and there is nothing to complain about here.
 Everything works as it should and most importantly there are a few facilitations, which I really appreciate also a good job!

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, thanks for the feedback!

Good to see some many improvements rolled into one update, ran a firmware update in the early hours and factory reset for good measure. Everything came back up and stable. I started gaming again recently so taking advantage of QOS and Traffic control rules to prioritise Battlefield.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, OleMan70 said:

I keep getting this error. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Does that appear when you just load the page or is it after clicking on something? Does it happen if you do the same on the actual Geo-Filter page or just when it is pinned to the dashboard?

Thanks for the responses guys. @Netduma Liam I am using the latest 3.0.179 firmware. I know that a previous firmware I was supplied by Fraser definitely had the options. I tend to use channel 100 with my routers as any other channel normally ends up giving drastically reduced performance on the 5ghz band.

It's weird that I can't see any channels higher than 48 as the original post of this thread specifically mentions having additional wi-fi channels including DFS.