ANNOUNCEMENT: New R2 Firmware! (3.0.179)

Netduma Jack B

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack B said:

Hi @jb68

Sorry, I should have specified only to do this on a page you are experiencing GUI issues with. I'll edit my previous comment to show this.

The Dashboard was also showing the GUI glitches from Network Monitor, I have uploaded the other 2 pages that shows it.

1AU4qNJ.png

CXcXY8o.png

44 minutes ago, jb68 said:

The Dashboard was also showing the GUI glitches from Network Monitor, I have uploaded the other 2 pages that shows it.

1AU4qNJ.png

CXcXY8o.png

Those errors are in relation to a device 192.168.0.1. Is this a main rrouter connected to the R2? There is no actual error regarding the R2 as I can see but I am not a dev but it does not look like an R2 error per se. You are using safari also. @Netduma Fraser or @Netduma Jack B is Safari browser supported?

I am finding this the most stable FW so far. Had no issues to speak of and I usually speak of them quite soon after an install. I will be keeping this as the main router for now unless I get my usual unwanted reboots, but so far it is purring like a kitten.

16 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

I am finding this the most stable FW so far. Had no issues to speak of and I usually speak of them quite soon after an install. I will be keeping this as the main router for now unless I get my usual unwanted reboots, but so far it is purring like a kitten.

Yeah same here. It hasn’t rebooted itself yet since updating. If it does reboot will be interesting to see whether the additional Wi-Fi channels disappear.

Good to see HVPN working in this FW.

12 hours ago, Netduma Jack B said:

Are you able to open up the console in your browser and see if any errors are occuring when the page loads? Please do this on a page that you are experiencing GUI issues with so we can see what might be causing them.

Will do! I haven't experienced any gui glitches since the second factory reset. What I did notice after the first reset, I was only getting them in a regular chrome session but incognito mode worked fine. After the second reset it's all working normal in a regular chrome session

Hi,

Geo-Filter, drawing polygon is now "limited". I was able to click wherever and drag wherever in .0123, but now I can't. The dot isn't placed where I click and I can't use full 360 degrees for the next dot.

Is this a bug, or is it the new way drawing polygons will work from now on?

• Administrators
22 hours ago, bcoe30 said:

Not so aggressive huh? Lol 

Yeah it's still a bit aggressive haha. We're making major improvements at the moment and that should hopefully be in for the next version.

22 hours ago, jb68 said:

Could you try Chrome please as BD suggested?

13 hours ago, Zox said:

Hi,

Geo-Filter, drawing polygon is now "limited". I was able to click wherever and drag wherever in .0123, but now I can't. The dot isn't placed where I click and I can't use full 360 degrees for the next dot.

Is this a bug, or is it the new way drawing polygons will work from now on?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure I follow what the issue is, it's working in the same manner as before. Could you perhaps record a small video showing what you mean?

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, jb68 said:

Tried Chrome and even tried Edge in Win 10 (Mac Bootcamp). Shows same GUI glitches. And same glitches on iPad and iPhone. I will try another computer too. 

Could you try another reset if you don't mind as it fixed it for johnny

On 11/2/2020 at 7:15 PM, Flipmode said:

Yeah same here. It hasn’t rebooted itself yet since updating. If it does reboot will be interesting to see whether the additional Wi-Fi channels disappear.

Good to see HVPN working in this FW.

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Jack B. Looks like I spoke too soon re: .179. R2 dropped  WAN earlier today mid gaming and I had no option but to reboot. When R2 came back up we had lost all the extra wifi Channels and HVPN lost all OVPN file. What had impressed me most earlier was the PS4 being able to game well on wifi from far but after the reboot that went belly up LOL. 

That said on a clean install + reset of R2, .179 is the most promising FW so far. I know someone mentioned aggressive CC although i had a an intial great gaming experince on this latest FW, I feel that when first testing PING UNDERLOAD  in Bench Mark before applying CC, the base reading is too high. Previously in say .69 and .150 my PING UNDERLOAD with CC off is below 50ms in .179 its 200 which will naturally lend to R2 applying aggressive Auto CC (for ping prioritization option).

Not quite there yet but going in right direction. I am going to reset R2 tonight and run an AP till that disappearing wifi channels bug is sorted.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try another reset if you don't mind as it fixed it for johnny

I’ve done 3 resets so far and same issue happens. Tried everything and same GUI issue appears. 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Flipmode said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Jack B. Looks like I spoke too soon re: .179. R2 dropped  WAN earlier today mid gaming and I had no option but to reboot. When R2 came back up we had lost all the extra wifi Channels and HVPN lost all OVPN file. What had impressed me most earlier was the PS4 being able to game well on wifi from far but after the reboot that went belly up LOL. 

That said on a clean install + reset of R2, .179 is the most promising FW so far. I know someone mentioned aggressive CC although i had a an intial great gaming experince on this latest FW, I feel that when first testing PING UNDERLOAD  in Bench Mark before applying CC, the base reading is too high. Previously in say .69 and .150 my PING UNDERLOAD with CC off is below 50ms in .179 its 200 which will naturally lend to R2 applying aggressive Auto CC (for ping prioritization option).

Not quite there yet but going in right direction. I am going to reset R2 tonight and run an AP till that disappearing wifi channels bug is sorted.

Thanks for letting us know, we are still looking into these issues and will include further improvements as soon as we can.

30 minutes ago, jb68 said:

I’ve done 3 resets so far and same issue happens. Tried everything and same GUI issue appears. 

Okay thank you, I have got a ticket for it so the team will take a look.

On 11/1/2020 at 3:38 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You had no increase in speeds or anything changing the widths? Are you using mirror mode? If so I'd suggest disabling that.

Okay in settings, click apply for DHCP and see if that restores the connection.

Fraser, how am I supposed to access the settings if I can’t get into the router? When I type in the routers IP address, I get the Netduma | Duma OS screen that says “could not detect an internet connection”. There’s a retry button and a WAN Setup button.....but within any of that, there is no setup option. There’s no way to get into the routers options.

I currently am running the version that says "soft launch" I downloaded the one that's linked to this thread, should I update to it? Just making sure before I do and if it'll be worth it. Also after updating should I do a factory reset since I'm already technically on 179?

Firmware 179.PNG

Ok, got up this morning and dashboard fails to load. I have not cleared any chache or rebooted yet as wanted to capture console reports which are attached to this post. There are no kernel errors in the log file either. R-Apps failing to load, same old issue keeps reoccurring.

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 05-53-58.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 05-54-01.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 05-54-05.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 06-00-09.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 06-01-21.png

did u do a factory reset?

i can see the error in youre screenshots,but with old firmware builts version numbers.

i guess he searches for a theme from old firmware but doesent find it?!

after the update i did also a restart just in case.

14 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

Are you referring to me? If so then yes I did a factory reset after installation of Fw, I always do but thank you for mentioning it if you were talking to me.

Yea

im not shure maybe the upgrade didnt work perfectly.

1 hour ago, Wayne1985 said:

Congestion control is still too aggressive for me still set me to 1% on auto setup1716354648_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.335d04fef0b79958eb84e559be739bf1.png

U can use youre own congestion setting

my auto setup also did a bad job...

in the download test ping 30-50mbits the first ping in the tests did have 20ms but a changes to 9ms

because of that 1 ping (20ms) from 50pings?! (All 9ms) Per test he changed it to 75% for me.

with the first version of netduma r2 the auto setup put me on 98%

so there has to be a bug where he picks the highest ping instead of the average ping on all tests

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Shecki said:

Fraser, how am I supposed to access the settings if I can’t get into the router? When I type in the routers IP address, I get the Netduma | Duma OS screen that says “could not detect an internet connection”. There’s a retry button and a WAN Setup button.....but within any of that, there is no setup option. There’s no way to get into the routers options.

Click WAN Setup and then there should be a button to skip that setup and will allow you to continue on to the interface.

12 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

I currently am running the version that says "soft launch" I downloaded the one that's linked to this thread, should I update to it? Just making sure before I do and if it'll be worth it. Also after updating should I do a factory reset since I'm already technically on 179?

Firmware 179.PNG

I would suggest doing so just incase there are any changes.

8 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

Ok, got up this morning and dashboard fails to load. I have not cleared any cache or rebooted yet as wanted to capture console reports which are attached to this post. There are no kernel errors in the log file either. R-Apps failing to load, same old issue keeps reoccurring.

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 05-53-58.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 05-54-01.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 05-54-05.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 06-00-09.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-04 06-01-21.png

Thanks BD, I will let the team know.

4 hours ago, Wayne1985 said:

Congestion control is still too aggressive for me still set me to 1% on auto setup

We're making major improvements to this soon which should hopefully make it into the next version.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Click WAN Setup and then there should be a button to skip that setup and will allow you to continue on to the interface.

I would suggest doing so just incase there are any changes.

Thanks BD, I will let the team know.

We're making major improvements to this soon which should hopefully make it into the next version.

Fraser, it doesn’t allow me to pass the screen where it asks you your max download and upload speed. I click next and it just stays there. I can’t get to the interface.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Shecki said:

Fraser, it doesn’t allow me to pass the screen where it asks you your max download and upload speed. I click next and it just stays there. I can’t get to the interface.

Can you provide a full page screenshot (including browser) of what you're seeing there please so I can best advise?

Used this new firmware for about a week and suddenly my 5ghz range is like 10 feet and my 2.4ghz network went back to disconnecting randomly and not coming back up for about 30 minutes and sometimes not until i reboot the router. Also seeing an issue where my ps4 randomly disconnects over and over for a few minutes before stabilizing. I need the 2.4 network to stay up due to my house camera's using it. Ended up disabling the r2 wifi and hooking up a netgear router in AP mode to mitigate this issue for now.

4 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Used this new firmware for about a week and suddenly my 5ghz range is like 10 feet and my 2.4ghz network went back to disconnecting randomly and not coming back up for about 30 minutes and sometimes not until i reboot the router. Also seeing an issue where my ps4 randomly disconnects over and over for a few minutes before stabilizing. I need the 2.4 network to stay up due to my house camera's using it. Ended up disabling the r2 wifi and hooking up a netgear router in AP mode to mitigate this issue for now.

A little tip but if you are using 2.4 for security cameras it’s best to have PMF which stops cameras being taken down. For any type of security you need to insure the router meets the spec needed.