Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Kro said:

Pulled the trigger. Hopefully it comes soon!

Thanks Kro! Will be shipped on Monday. Should be with you Tuesday, but with COVID it can sometimes take DHL an extra day. 

Hope you enjoy it!

I'm still getting set up. I had a few hiccups with not being able to do my usual "dumb switch bypass method" on mitigating the use of my ISP provided gateway. Tried both using the DHCP with MAC of my gateway and also trying Static IP given from ISP. Both failed' to obtain IP. So, I opted in just using the "IP Passthrough" from my ISP Gateway firewall. Possibly just my ISP being  the usual pain in these situations. But, The results, so far so good.

I've been able to pull a my bandwidth package Download 1000 and Upload 800-950+ on the few speeds tests I've ran so far. Now going to get into giving the router a good go. Update later. But loving how fluid everything is from the GUI and overall performance.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

I'm still getting set up. I had a few hiccups with not being able to do my usual "dumb switch bypass method" on mitigating the use of my ISP provided gateway. Tried both using the DHCP with MAC of my gateway and also trying Static IP given from ISP. Both failed' to obtain IP. So, I opted in just using the "IP Passthrough" from my ISP Gateway firewall. Possibly just my ISP being  the usual pain in these situations. But, The results, so far so good.

I've been able to pull a my bandwidth package Download 1000 and Upload 800-950+ on the few speeds tests I've ran so far. Now going to get into giving the router a good go. Update later. But loving how fluid everything is from the GUI and overall performance.

We've discovered a bug with the DHCP MAC Cloning so we will be looking into that and then perhaps you can use your normal method after that's fixed but glad you had a workaround. That is amazing, really happy to hear you're enjoying it!

On 8/7/2020 at 7:20 PM, TheVisualFeast said:

Really enjoying the router, it's a great improvement over the R1. Just a couple of suggestions.

1. Auto channel for the 2.4Ghz band?

2. Those LEDs... my misses thinks KITT is hiding in the TV cabinet. Would love to be able to either dim or turn them off.

3. This is not a fully formed thought yet. But I wonder if QoS could be more flexible if WAN and LAN are optionally configured separately? Only played around with it a bit (R1 couldn't handle it while maintaining high bandwidth), but I don't think I would use QoS on the LAN

Cracking job though guys, looking forward to what comes next.

Yes auto channel for the 2.4Ghz would be great 

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We've discovered a bug with the DHCP MAC Cloning so we will be looking into that and then perhaps you can use your normal method after that's fixed but glad you had a workaround. That is amazing, really happy to hear you're enjoying it!

Awesome! Glad to know it was just a bug.

Yes, very much enjoying the R2!

Got the dispatch email meaning it should be here tomorrow but the ease of ordering and speed of updates provided require a special mention here,i'd also like to thank the team for extending the launch discount, Netduma go above and beyond what other network companies are doing right now and rightly so they are killing it,been with netgear since the early days and once when i had a issue with the R1,the RMA was so fast,i've got full confidence in all the team  - i do hope the online store will be expanded with accessories,spares,rj45 duma branded ethernet cables etc

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, chand93 said:

Got the dispatch email meaning it should be here tomorrow but the ease of ordering and speed of updates provided require a special mention here,i'd also like to thank the team for extending the launch discount, Netduma go above and beyond what other network companies are doing right now and rightly so they are killing it,been with netgear since the early days and once when i had a issue with the R1,the RMA was so fast,i've got full confidence in all the team  - i do hope the online store will be expanded with accessories,spares,rj45 duma branded ethernet cables etc

Thanks for the kind words, we really appreciate your support! We have thought of accessories years ago, maybe we'll look into it again, thanks for the request.

I'm not sure if it's known or it could possibly be due to me using the ISP gateway. But, the congestion controls or QOS, is not working as intended. The only way it applies my settings on QOS. Rebooting the R2. Once I reboot the R2, it works with the settings I set in the CC but have to reboot if I want to have my changed settings to work again if changed.

Haven't had any problems with the Adblocker. Only when I first enabled and visited dailymail.co.uk domain. Ads was still detected but after scrolling a bit and refreshing the page. The ads were eliminated. Just been working efficiently since.

Geo Filter, Heatmap, all is working great. Thank you Netduma for such a fine product. I'm loving it!

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

I'm not sure if it's known or it could possibly be due to me using the ISP gateway. But, the congestion controls or QOS, is not working as intended. The only way it applies my settings on QOS. Rebooting the R2. Once I reboot the R2, it works with the settings I set in the CC but have to reboot if I want to have my changed settings to work again if changed.

Haven't had any problems with the Adblocker. Only when I first enabled and visited dailymail.co.uk domain. Ads was still detected but after scrolling a bit and refreshing the page. The ads were eliminated. Just been working efficiently since.

Geo Filter, Heatmap, all is working great. Thank you Netduma for such a fine product. I'm loving it!

What happens when it doesn't apply at all, how do you know it's not applying etc. Glad you're enjoying it!

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What happens when it doesn't apply at all, how do you know it's not applying etc. Glad you're enjoying it!

I believe it's just my windows 10 on my desktop, actually. Because I've been having complications with the W10 build. Then again,  it could also be the motherboard since it have all the bells and whistle features maximus viii hero. But, good news is, used both phone and laptop and made changes to QOS. All worked immediately when making the changes. So everything is working as intended. 

I brought the r2 on launch and arrived very quickly. the router was easy to setup and i love the duma os 3 upgrades. The router is much smaller then i thought it would be. 

its been really stable for me so far after i sorted out a issue. The whole ui is much faster then then it was Still some features coming soon in the rapps store but i must admit i really do like it. it does have some issues though.

1. i live in the uk and its quite warm in my falt which is not something im used to (normally cold wet and windy) and the router also felt the issues also. every 20-30 mins the router would stop responding. i turned the router upside down and havent had a issue since. with it So i do think the router gets very warm and even removes the text from the sticker the wifi password has gone.

2. the lights are quite bright they really need a option to dim or turn off. whilst this isnt a major issue it made me move it way from my pc setup

3. the ariels are quite losse and very hard to place in the direction you want without them coming unscrewed took me quite a while to angle the way i wanted them.

this is a personal thing though i would of much prefered a more simple looking router. i know this is a gmaing router and i wanted that for my living room. but a more elegant design or simple design would of suited my house better though. This is peronal preferance though.

i do have a question though when will the themes be coming out in the rapps store? im red colourblind and ive allways tryed to saty away from red themes as its really hard to red text with the mucky grey colour i see instead of red?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TrayDay said:

I believe it's just my windows 10 on my desktop, actually. Because I've been having complications with the W10 build. Then again,  it could also be the motherboard since it have all the bells and whistle features maximus viii hero. But, good news is, used both phone and laptop and made changes to QOS. All worked immediately when making the changes. So everything is working as intended. 

Ahh great news, do keep an eye on it though and let us know!

23 minutes ago, trmin343 said:

I brought the r2 on launch and arrived very quickly. the router was easy to setup and i love the duma os 3 upgrades. The router is much smaller then i thought it would be. 

its been really stable for me so far after i sorted out a issue. The whole ui is much faster then then it was Still some features coming soon in the rapps store but i must admit i really do like it. it does have some issues though.

1. i live in the uk and its quite warm in my falt which is not something im used to (normally cold wet and windy) and the router also felt the issues also. every 20-30 mins the router would stop responding. i turned the router upside down and havent had a issue since. with it So i do think the router gets very warm and even removes the text from the sticker the wifi password has gone.

2. the lights are quite bright they really need a option to dim or turn off. whilst this isnt a major issue it made me move it way from my pc setup

3. the ariels are quite losse and very hard to place in the direction you want without them coming unscrewed took me quite a while to angle the way i wanted them.

this is a personal thing though i would of much prefered a more simple looking router. i know this is a gmaing router and i wanted that for my living room. but a more elegant design or simple design would of suited my house better though. This is peronal preferance though.

i do have a question though when will the themes be coming out in the rapps store? im red colourblind and ive allways tryed to saty away from red themes as its really hard to red text with the mucky grey colour i see instead of red?

That's interesting about the heat thank you, we'll need to take a look at that I think.

Someone has requested already about dimming the lights so we'll discuss it.

I'll feedback about the aerials as well and see if we can do something about that.

I'll about themes and get back to you.

The new R2 is really solid IMO, I love the features that duma has always offered. Even though I had to only use ISP equipment for about 10 days...it was horrible. We recently moved and I had to get a new modem and router due to a speed increase, so I used a new ISP Modem with the dreaded Puma 6 chipset and it was absolutely horrible, huge spikes and latency. So after I got my new modem my R2 showed up and it's everything I expected it to be. It's nice to use my own equipment again and it's great to see you added 5g to the router, so cool. I can simply use one modem and router as opposed to my old set up which was modem, duma and my netgear in AP mode..so much simpler this way, less equipment,less wires which takes up less space.

And just to find out for myself I set it up and tried to run it through Safari on my mac and it wouldn't run for me. It would load up a game and let me get into a lobby and then I would lose the chat and then I would get booted from the game (Apex) but that was before I did any port forwarding, so Might have to try it again now that I have all the ports forwarded. It shouldn't have did that just because of the ports but as soon as I ran it on Chrome it ran like butter. I always ran it through Chrome on the R1 but wanted to see what would happen on Safari.

I would say a great job by the testers and the team, the new features are really helpful and the old features are solid as ever, great router boys.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, fuzzy clam said:

The new R2 is really solid IMO, I love the features that duma has always offered. Even though I had to only use ISP equipment for about 10 days...it was horrible. We recently moved and I had to get a new modem and router due to a speed increase, so I used a new ISP Modem with the dreaded Puma 6 chipset and it was absolutely horrible, huge spikes and latency. So after I got my new modem my R2 showed up and it's everything I expected it to be. It's nice to use my own equipment again and it's great to see you added 5g to the router, so cool. I can simply use one modem and router as opposed to my old set up which was modem, duma and my netgear in AP mode..so much simpler this way, less equipment,less wires which takes up less space.

And just to find out for myself I set it up and tried to run it through Safari on my mac and it wouldn't run for me. It would load up a game and let me get into a lobby and then I would lose the chat and then I would get booted from the game (Apex) but that was before I did any port forwarding, so Might have to try it again now that I have all the ports forwarded. It shouldn't have did that just because of the ports but as soon as I ran it on Chrome it ran like butter. I always ran it through Chrome on the R1 but wanted to see what would happen on Safari.

I would say a great job by the testers and the team, the new features are really helpful and the old features are solid as ever, great router boys.

That's great to hear, thanks so much for the feedback! Could you clarify a bit more about what didn't run when using Safari? If Apex ran well using Chrome then ports wouldn't affect it when using Safari.

XR owner and R2 owner here.

Is it possible to push out a wifi 6.0 update? 

I know that most the reasons for wifi 6 are useless but I think it would be very helpful for VR gaming wireless as that was a specific reason for wifi 6 and even Nvidia has mentioned the use of WIFI 6 for streaming games from a device to a tv ect. 

Very happy so far and everything is working well. 

Warm regards, blue

3 hours ago, blue2kid3 said:

I know that most the reasons for wifi 6 are useless but I think it would be very helpful for VR gaming wireless as that was a specific reason for wifi 6 and even Nvidia has mentioned the use of WIFI 6 for streaming games from a device to a tv ect. 

Warm regards, blue

If you mean a WiFi 6 update via firmware, this is not possible. WiFi 6 is a new Hardware. 
 Most TVs if you look at the spec are limited to 100mbps On connections which is all that’s required even for 8k. They don’t need huge bandwidths.

if you were to run multiple 8k you would require a throughput to match that from your isp but I think we are not there yet with broadcasting this material.

The R2 is more than capable of streaming a Shield to tv as I’ve the latest Shield pro and it’s fine. It should handle VR fine too due to the throughput. It should suit most users requirements unless you have some sort of crazy setup that requires huge bandwidth and if you do you would be looking at different networking setups. 

The R2 will happily stream to several TVs and game without an issue.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

I haven't dived too much into many of the gaming features yet but the Adblocker and the sheer amount of requests its blocking is quite something!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

7 hours ago, blue2kid3 said:

Warm regards, blue

Well answered by Newfie above. We specifically decided against WiFi 6 as we wanted to get DumaOS in the hands of as many people as possible on solid hardware, WiFi 6 would have significantly increased the cost and therefore contradicted that goal.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, GenMatrix said:

Absolutely love the the R2 and I'm sure this has been suggested before but I'd love to see an option to schedule a reboot.

Great to hear that! It has but I'll suggest it again to be sure!

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great to hear, thanks so much for the feedback! Could you clarify a bit more about what didn't run when using Safari? If Apex ran well using Chrome then ports wouldn't affect it when using Safari.

Well basically the R2 wouldn't let me stay connected in any lobby or chat when I tried to run it on Safari. I didn't think it was a port forwarding issue that was preventing the R2 from running correctly but an OS issue. The OG Duma never would function for me on Safari either. I tried it again yesterday to run Apex and COD on Safari and same thing it won't keep me in a lobby without booting me out and then disconnecting me from the game. And yesterday it was only letting me connect to lobbies about half the time, so it's strictly a Safari thing in my case. I run it through Chrome and it runs just fine, exactly as it should. So basically the R2 doesn't function for me anyway when on Safari. Not exactly sure what the issue is but maybe it just doesn't play well with Mac's and doesn't like Safari.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, fuzzy clam said:

Well basically the R2 wouldn't let me stay connected in any lobby or chat when I tried to run it on Safari. I didn't think it was a port forwarding issue that was preventing the R2 from running correctly but an OS issue. The OG Duma never would function for me on Safari either. I tried it again yesterday to run Apex and COD on Safari and same thing it won't keep me in a lobby without booting me out and then disconnecting me from the game. And yesterday it was only letting me connect to lobbies about half the time, so it's strictly a Safari thing in my case. I run it through Chrome and it runs just fine, exactly as it should. So basically the R2 doesn't function for me anyway when on Safari. Not exactly sure what the issue is but maybe it just doesn't play well with Mac's and doesn't like Safari.

That is super strange but I will let the team know about it so they can investigate.

not really happy with the product so far only one day and i have multiple problems , i can't access the duma  interface ,the wifi coverage isn't that good and i already spent a whole day trying to fix things but no solutions  . you guys don't even have a reset guide for this product