Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

On 8/24/2020 at 5:05 PM, LiLpamb.TwitchTV said:

The only thing is that it should also come support with IPV4. What happen if my ISP unable to provide IPV6? Will the router still work?  

is your R2 behind another router (i.e is R" connecting to internet in DHCP mode) or is it behind a bridge modem (i.e. is R2 in PPPoE mode?) IPV6 should definitely work if R2 is in PPPoE mode behind a bridge modem. When R2 is in DHCP mode behind another router, IPV6 has been known to have issues last I knew.

Generally R2 is best in PPPoE Mode behind a bridge modem IMHO.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, imapct said:

im happy with the router since its giving me a concistent connection. However, im not pulling my full speeds i pay for a gig over a gig and, I am only pulling 90 over 90

I've replied to your topic so we'll be able to help you there.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Hi!

Netduma R2 knows mu-mimo? I have R1, just I dont know worth to change. I think R1 600MHz single core processore cant handle my game when someone use mobile phones wifi.

No it doesn't have MU-MIMO. There should be no problems on that front using the R1 as long as QoS is used.

Decided to make the jump from the XR500 to the R2 for the same reason I buy Pixel phones, getting updates from the source. Overall I'm pleased with the R2. I've seen people having wifi issues, and can say SO FAR I haven't had any. Setup was pretty simple, though I noticed it doesn't run a speed test like the XR500. No biggie just something I noticed. 

Geo filter: for the time being until it gets ironed out I just use the ping assist with my home location set out in the ocean. I feel like this takes out guess work and works pretty well. I tried both the traditional circle and the polygon mode. Though I feel like these aren't at their full potential in the current geo filter state. 

Something I don't understand is why there's at times a 30ms difference from what the router says the ping to the server is compared to in game (COD:MW). 

Otherwise I like the R2 and look forward to it's features. 

Any suggestions on the traffic prioritization? I can add games like Division 2 but now MW? lol very weird to me. 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

Decided to make the jump from the XR500 to the R2 for the same reason I buy Pixel phones, getting updates from the source. Overall I'm pleased with the R2. I've seen people having wifi issues, and can say SO FAR I haven't had any. Setup was pretty simple, though I noticed it doesn't run a speed test like the XR500. No biggie just something I noticed. 

Geo filter: for the time being until it gets ironed out I just use the ping assist with my home location set out in the ocean. I feel like this takes out guess work and works pretty well. I tried both the traditional circle and the polygon mode. Though I feel like these aren't at their full potential in the current geo filter state. 

Something I don't understand is why there's at times a 30ms difference from what the router says the ping to the server is compared to in game (COD:MW). 

Otherwise I like the R2 and look forward to it's features. 

Any suggestions on the traffic prioritization? I can add games like Division 2 but now MW? lol very weird to me. 

You can have the router run a speed test and input these as your bandwidth settings by clicking the 3 dotted icon on the top right of the interface or by going to the 3 line option menu on Congestion Control. Could you explain a bit more about why you feel the radius options aren't at their full potential? The Geo-Filter shows the ping direct to the server (or the closest hop), the game ping includes things like processing delay etc which all games have and this will differ based on server load etc. 

Are you playing on PC or console?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can have the router run a speed test and input these as your bandwidth settings by clicking the 3 dotted icon on the top right of the interface or by going to the 3 line option menu on Congestion Control. Could you explain a bit more about why you feel the radius options aren't at their full potential? The Geo-Filter shows the ping direct to the server (or the closest hop), the game ping includes things like processing delay etc which all games have and this will differ based on server load etc. 

Are you playing on PC or console?

Maybe that was a poor choice of words, what I was getting at for the geo filter, was  specifically polygon mode, i drew around the servers I wanted to play on (screen shots attached) and it wouldn't connect to them.  Using FIltering Mode and strict mode with Fast Search turned off. I'm wondering if having fast mode unticked is why it isn't finding anything. I'm playing on PC with open nat

Warzone.png

Polygon mode.png

Multiplayer heatmap.png

Thought I'd add a couple things @Netduma Fraser 

First of all, I do not expect to get a sub 20ms ping, I think it's safe to say that will not happen based off my location (Ohio) and having an apartment coax fed connection (Spectrum 400/20), all I am really looking to do is have only dedicated servers, and from what you said before, I probably am getting them more than I think. I also am attaching an updated version of my heatmap. Tell me if you think it looks better

Updated Heatmap.png

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for all that information, how have you added the PC to the Geo-Filter exactly? Do you see icons appearing on the map at all?

Added it with the Call of Duty-PC profile. I believe my latest revision of polygons helped though. It started to show servers blocked (THANK YOU FOR THE LEGEND). I knew already there was a  dedicated server in Chicago, Georgia, and Virginia so I drew over those as well.  I attached some more below (they're named to see  the scenario), for the Warzone one, it was when I first loaded into the lobby. It did have a dedicated server right above where you see the Player symbol but it went away right when I went to screenshot it lol. 

When first launching game.png

Multiplayer (shoot the ship playlist).png

Warzone.png

Also I was getting this error earlier when I logged into the router 

"RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': Unterminated JSON encoded object found at position in [] -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'decode' ?: in function <?:117> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:348> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:404> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?"

• Administrators

Remove the Device from the Geo-Filter. Then go to Device Manager and change your PC to the Device Type of a console. Then go back and add it back to the Geo-Filter. Does it work better that way? Make sure the game and client is shutdown before doing it.

Where did you see the error and how often do you see it?

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Remove the Device from the Geo-Filter. Then go to Device Manager and change your PC to the Device Type of a console. Then go back and add it back to the Geo-Filter. Does it work better that way? Make sure the game and client is shutdown before doing it.

Okay will do. And as soon as I log in, right at the dashboard. I had to close it a few times before it let me navigate

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did the console suggestion and saw more servers pop up upon launching the game. 

Got my R2 today. Happy with it till now.

Initial setup didn't go smoothly. Initially it was saying "No internet connection detected" when connected to my modem (netgear CM500).

So, had to setup without internet connection. Then factory reseted the device and then first restarted the modem with r2 off but the lan connected. Once the modem came online, then turned on the r2 and setup again from start. This time, it detected internet connection.

Cheers!!

Anyone have suggestions for wifi drops? I know there's supposed to be a firmware fix eventually. This is with the 5ghz band. I've tried changing channels multiple times with no success. This also is only if it isn't at full signal in my case. 

• Administrators
On 9/8/2020 at 3:31 PM, carmelo bologna said:

ciao mi potresti aiutare devo configurare netduma r2 ho con linea tim ho linea vodafonstascion ftth dovrei mettrlo incascata non so come si faccia e configurarlo al meglio per migliorare i ritardi che fino ha oggi ho avuto giocando mi potete aiutare grazie

Prendi l'IP WAN dalla pagina Informazioni di sistema su R2, quindi accedi all'hub Vodafone e inserisci l'IP nella sezione DMZ. Disattiva anche il WiFi su Vodafone in modo che tutti i dispositivi si colleghino a R2.
-
Take the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R2, then access the Vodafone hub and put the IP in the DMZ section. Also disable the WiFi on the Vodafone so all devices connect to the R2. 

On 9/8/2020 at 4:42 PM, djhixson88 said:

Anyone have suggestions for wifi drops? I know there's supposed to be a firmware fix eventually. This is with the 5ghz band. I've tried changing channels multiple times with no success. This also is only if it isn't at full signal in my case. 

I've sent you a PM, see if that helps please.

allora b giorno io in materia sono ignorante non riesco ha collegare netduma r2 con ps4 sono riuscito a meterlo incascata ma non riesco poi ha fare più nulla ce qualcuno da remoto che mi può aiutare ha capire come fare sono disposto ha pagare anche col mio pc da remoto e mi configura tutto bene ping sempre stesso alto e non riesco ha giocare ps4 se ce qualcuno che mi aiuta se no spedisco tutto indietro e ci rinuncio grazie attendo incaso do il mio numero telefono e parliamo ha traverso telefono 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, carmelo bologna said:

allora b giorno io in materia sono ignorante non riesco ha collegare netduma r2 con ps4 sono riuscito a meterlo incascata ma non riesco poi ha fare più nulla ce qualcuno da remoto che mi può aiutare ha capire come fare sono disposto ha pagare anche col mio pc da remoto e mi configura tutto bene ping sempre stesso alto e non riesco ha giocare ps4 se ce qualcuno che mi aiuta se no spedisco tutto indietro e ci rinuncio grazie attendo incaso do il mio numero telefono e parliamo ha traverso telefono 

Ti ho risposto su Facebook.