Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

I have uploaded two different ones to show you.

I have tried to put ping assist as low as 5-15 and it takes age to find a game but connects to UK

When i have it high on 70 it connects to a server no way even near. 

I have been running ping assist around 30 but all I see is when I try to connect to a game with lower ping assist the in game match making does connect me to a lower ping game for example on a ping assist filter of 5-25 i will get games on 17ms - 32ms ping on warzone but if i increase that as you see below to 70 I get games all the way yp to 90 ms ping on match making in game. this makes no sense to me at all.

ping.png

ping2.png

• Administrators

To force servers you need to put Ping Assist to 0. Also you've put a polygon around the Netherlands only, not sure how many servers there are there. I'd recommend doing a polygon like this, includes France, Netherlands and Germany which should give you a good ping.

image.png

loving the new interface, super intuitive.  Haven't messed around with router settings basically in years and it took me all of 30 seconds to understand everything.

One suggestion I have that is unrelated to R2 itself but more so the in regards Netduma as an ecosystem.

I think it would be nice if you have a list of supported/suggested mesh wifi systems or access points.  The reason why I mentioned this is that every router I've owned just doesn't run very well as an access point for some reason.  I don't know why but just turned xr500 to access point mode and the upload and downloads are just bad now, and this isn't just the xr500 I also have an Asus RT ac87r that performs just as poorly when in access point mode.  In a perfect world I would like a duma os mesh wifi system available for purchase but I know it might not be something you guys want to get into.

Again great work on R2 and Dumas OS, it's looking great!  I'll leave more feedback as I discover any potential issues.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

To force servers you need to put Ping Assist to 0. Also you've put a polygon around the Netherlands only, not sure how many servers there are there. I'd recommend doing a polygon like this, includes France, Netherlands and Germany which should give you a good ping.

image.png

I have done the whole of U.K. France and Netherlands before as they are the best ping spots. Now what I don’t understand then if I set ping assist to 0 how will I get lower ping as you say to set ping around 30/50 so knowone else below that can join my game? Or isit so I get a low ping 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, wrathoftank said:

loving the new interface, super intuitive.  Haven't messed around with router settings basically in years and it took me all of 30 seconds to understand everything.

One suggestion I have that is unrelated to R2 itself but more so the in regards Netduma as an ecosystem.

I think it would be nice if you have a list of supported/suggested mesh wifi systems or access points.  The reason why I mentioned this is that every router I've owned just doesn't run very well as an access point for some reason.  I don't know why but just turned xr500 to access point mode and the upload and downloads are just bad now, and this isn't just the xr500 I also have an Asus RT ac87r that performs just as poorly when in access point mode.  In a perfect world I would like a duma os mesh wifi system available for purchase but I know it might not be something you guys want to get into.

Again great work on R2 and Dumas OS, it's looking great!  I'll leave more feedback as I discover any potential issues.

14 hours ago, Ash said:

I have done the whole of U.K. France and Netherlands before as they are the best ping spots. Now what I don’t understand then if I set ping assist to 0 how will I get lower ping as you say to set ping around 30/50 so knowone else below that can join my game? Or isit so I get a low ping 

Don't do the UK as we're trying to see whether you can get a more stable experience. Ping Assist assists the Geo-Filter in getting you games outside your radius that are under your limit - so you never miss the opportunity for a good game. It is not a hard limit and doesn't affect the inside of the radius so turn it to 0 and just focus on the closest part of EU to try and get a game.

Got a Netduma R2 a little over a week ago replacing a Netgear XR450 that I had to RMA back to Netgear because the flash memory would not save the settings every time the power on the router was reset. As for the R2, I really like the DumaOS 3.0 over the 2.0. The new added features such as the polygon boxes, the heat pingmap, connection benchmark, and adblocker are nice. I have never had much success with QoS  with any router I have owned but that has more to do with my ISP than anything as I have been with the same one for over the last 15 years now but the R2 seems to work much more accurately than the XR450. My ping rates have improved a little with R2 over the XR450 and it more accurately shows which devices are connected to the router than the XR450 ever did. The wifi connection at 5 Ghz is fine for my house with the R2 though it was a good bit stronger with the XR450. The 2.4 Ghz on the XR450 was super strong and had really good range but 2.4 Ghz wifi on the R2 is flat out weak. I connected my wife's Huawei phone as it does not support 5 Ghz to the 2.4 Ghz. From about 10 ft away, it was connected at 6 Mbps. 6! Fortunately that is the only device that needs the 2.4 Ghz as all my other devices all support 5 Ghz and/or are hard wired directly as my house is wired completely with Cat 6 to each room. So improving the 2.4 Ghz wifi on the R2 is something that obviously needs some work. The R2 does not have as many networking options as Netgear routers but for most people it will work just fine. The only other complaint i have against the R2 is the adblocker. When its on, Chrome on Android tablets almost comes to a halt. Safari on the Ipads isnt much better.

Since 2007, i started with a D-link DGL-4500, moved onto a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 in 2013, then last year moved to the Netgear Nighthawk XR450 and in less than year have moved to the R2 because of the hardware failure on the XR450. I really hope the Netduma R2 is a keeper for the next 5 years.

It's pretty much every website. Some load slower than others. The ones with lots of ad banners are the worst. The Google News app works fine though. And on PCs the adblocker being on does not affect the performance at all. It does what its supposed to do. I had to turn the adblocker off for now because it became a chore to web browse on the tablets which is what we usually web browse on. 

Hello, just got the R2 today and I'm having trouble connecting to the router. I have a Netgear modem with Comcast ISP. I've connected the router to the modem but get a "connected without internet" message when i choose the NetDuma network. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Alias 1aB said:

It's pretty much every website. Some load slower than others. The ones with lots of ad banners are the worst. The Google News app works fine though. And on PCs the adblocker being on does not affect the performance at all. It does what its supposed to do. I had to turn the adblocker off for now because it became a chore to web browse on the tablets which is what we usually web browse on. 

Thanks for the information, please post here so the devs can look into it: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/31968-adblocker-unwanted-block-reporting-thread/

6 minutes ago, Gideon313 said:

Hello, just got the R2 today and I'm having trouble connecting to the router. I have a Netgear modem with Comcast ISP. I've connected the router to the modem but get a "connected without internet" message when i choose the NetDuma network. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Do you get a connection when connected via ethernet to the R2? Is the Netgear modem a pure modem or does it have WiFi as well?

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't do the UK as we're trying to see whether you can get a more stable experience. Ping Assist assists the Geo-Filter in getting you games outside your radius that are under your limit - so you never miss the opportunity for a good game. It is not a hard limit and doesn't affect the inside of the radius so turn it to 0 and just focus on the closest part of EU to try and get a game.

I’ve tested your way and realised what the issue is. I am back on the U.K. polygon mode but with 0 assist and that has fixed it.

no ping spikes, constant speeds as when I first got it. Any ideas why setting it to 0 is better then having it on 30 or even 15 ?

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Gideon313 said:

IP 192.168.77.209

That is the IP shown in the System Information page? If so, that doesn't make too much sense. Try this, reboot the R2, wait a few minutes and then reboot the modem, wait a few minutes and see if you get a connection then.

13 hours ago, Ash said:

I’ve tested your way and realised what the issue is. I am back on the U.K. polygon mode but with 0 assist and that has fixed it.

no ping spikes, constant speeds as when I first got it. Any ideas why setting it to 0 is better then having it on 30 or even 15 ?

That is great to hear. Perhaps it was getting a server that wasn't a great ping, if that works for you leave it at that!

Yes I was able to see but choosing whole of Europe with 0 ping assist the ping in multiplayer was constant 25-30ping and in warzone it was a solid 45-50.

I then choose the U.K. only with 0 ping assist and I got 10-20 ms in multiplayer and 25-30 ping on warzone.

games feel so much better, I will full test out tonight. 

thanks again for everything