Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

So far very happy with the R2 and DumaOS 3, I'm now getting near max broadband speed (400MBs) with congestion control enabled. Initial installation was not completely smooth, initially the router could not get an internet connection and I was confused by the fact I couldn't connect and setup via ethernet. I had to read the manual (who reads manuals before trying a new gadget!) before I realized I could only setup via WiFi. I have no idea why it wouldn't get an internet connection at first but I reset the LAN IP subnet to my usual range left everything else to defaults and rebooted the netduma and the internet router and everything worked.

I like the ping heatmap - would be great if we could chart the ping values, download the data or have a sparkline graph for each ping node so I can quickly see the ping over time

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, david said:

So far very happy with the R2 and DumaOS 3, I'm now getting near max broadband speed (400MBs) with congestion control enabled. Initial installation was not completely smooth, initially the router could not get an internet connection and I was confused by the fact I couldn't connect and setup via ethernet. I had to read the manual (who reads manuals before trying a new gadget!) before I realized I could only setup via WiFi. I have no idea why it wouldn't get an internet connection at first but I reset the LAN IP subnet to my usual range left everything else to defaults and rebooted the netduma and the internet router and everything worked.

I like the ping heatmap - would be great if we could chart the ping values, download the data or have a sparkline graph for each ping node so I can quickly see the ping over time

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. You definitely should be able to set up via ethernet, what happened exactly when you had your PC connected via ethernet to the LAN ports? We'll have to look at that, might be just to do with your connection. You can set up scheduled pings so that you can view how the ping changes over time.

Really enjoying the router, it's a great improvement over the R1. Just a couple of suggestions.

1. Auto channel for the 2.4Ghz band?

2. Those LEDs... my misses thinks KITT is hiding in the TV cabinet. Would love to be able to either dim or turn them off.

3. This is not a fully formed thought yet. But I wonder if QoS could be more flexible if WAN and LAN are optionally configured separately? Only played around with it a bit (R1 couldn't handle it while maintaining high bandwidth), but I don't think I would use QoS on the LAN

Cracking job though guys, looking forward to what comes next.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, TheVisualFeast said:

Really enjoying the router, it's a great improvement over the R1. Just a couple of suggestions.

1. Auto channel for the 2.4Ghz band?

2. Those LEDs... my misses thinks KITT is hiding in the TV cabinet. Would love to be able to either dim or turn them off.

3. This is not a fully formed thought yet. But I wonder if QoS could be more flexible if WAN and LAN are optionally configured separately? Only played around with it a bit (R1 couldn't handle it while maintaining high bandwidth), but I don't think I would use QoS on the LAN

Cracking job though guys, looking forward to what comes next.

Great to hear you're enjoying it and thank you very much for the feedback.

1. There isn't auto channel selection at the moment but I will suggest this to the team to implement.
  2. Haha good suggestion, will let the team know and see if we can implement something to help with this.
  3. I don't think this is necessary as unless you're transferring files/streaming to other devices on your LAN in won't restrict you in anyway there unless I've misunderstood?

54 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear you're enjoying it and thank you very much for the feedback.

1. There isn't auto channel selection at the moment but I will suggest this to the team to implement.
  2. Haha good suggestion, will let the team know and see if we can implement something to help with this.
  3. I don't think this is necessary as unless you're transferring files/streaming to other devices on your LAN in won't restrict you in anyway there unless I've misunderstood?

+1 for dim or disable the leds

None of my features work. No ping heat map no speed test nothing. My geo filter don’t work. It mentions something About the cloud data hasn’t been downloaded make sure u have a internet connection and click force update smh do I have to update this router or something? 

image.jpg

• Administrators

Okay thanks for letting us know. If you click close on that and in the Geo-Filter & Ping Heatmap options respectively flush the cloud in each place does that work and then allow you to use the features properly? Are you receiving internet through the router and to your devices? What is your exact physical setup?

I can’t force it nothing happens when I do. I get internet through the router I’m able to play cod but the features don’t work because the cloud won’t update or function. 

It’s hard wired from the PS4 to the R2. Then a eithernet cord from the R2 directly to my Att gateway. I have fiber 

I am having a great multiplayer experience with the router so far. One thing I noticed when I do a test run on QOS my upload for slider always stay to 0 when it’s complete. I don’t know if this is a bug . And another thing I would love is that show all the players that are in the lobby on the geo filter map.  that would be awesome . Overtake my experience with this router is outstanding:)

3 hours ago, Doughboy said:

It’s hard wired from the PS4 to the R2. Then a eithernet cord from the R2 directly to my Att gateway. I have fiber 

I believe you have the same connection as I do.

It's always hit or miss with the gateway from ATT.

As I'm using an alternative method BUT you can use this method to make it simple below.

Simply log into your ATT gateway router and go to the "firewall" settings and then click "IP Passthrough"

pretty much copy everything from the picture below and when you get to "Passthrough Fixed Mac Address" choose the mac address under the "Device List" of the R2 router that should be located at the bottom of the router. Once you've choosen the R2 router Mac Address. Click the save. Then restart the ATT gateway first then the R2 second.

ip_passthrough_settings-13714040-4139-4e83-b03a-b4e73e5c507c-2082587737.JPG.e562ce9c38c005f8b39c9acc1415682c.JPG

5 hours ago, Uzumaki619 said:

I am having a great multiplayer experience with the router so far. One thing I noticed when I do a test run on QOS my upload for slider always stay to 0 when it’s complete. I don’t know if this is a bug . And another thing I would love is that show all the players that are in the lobby on the geo filter map.  that would be awesome . Overtake my experience with this router is outstanding:)

Certain games you can see players on geo filter, black ops 4 did it, destiny does it but modern warfare does not. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Doughboy said:

I can’t force it nothing happens when I do. I get internet through the router I’m able to play cod but the features don’t work because the cloud won’t update or function. 

This is with flushing the cloud in the respective option menus not 'forcing' correct? TrayDay has some great advice above, you will likely need to do that in order to 1) Get an open NAT & 2) That could be blocking the cloud downloads. Let us know how you get on with his suggestion.

7 hours ago, Uzumaki619 said:

Did you prioritize for latency or bandwidth? Sounds like latency, prioritize bandwidth, does it give you a higher result? It is something we've seen in this build and we are looking at this. It's only possible to show players if you make direct connections with them, with a game like MW where you connect direct to a server it isn't possible to show all the players. Really glad you're enjoying it so far!

Good morning, just wanted to see if anyone is having the same problem as I Im. 

QOS---- Went I try to do Auto-Setup to try to find the best ping or Bandwidth it always selects 0% an both upload and download. 

My internet is 1000 down and 40 up. Dsl report i get A+ . Need some feed back. thanks 

I got it connected to the internet, but certain aspects of the router don’t function like it don’t recognize it being on the internet or something. I tried flushing the cloud, I reset the router all together mainly because my password didn’t take I played cod on it and I get a nat 2 type on ps4 I don’t get a open nat in game. I’ll try the gateway option TrayDay suggested I really appreciate the feed back because this att stuff been giving me fits since I had it. 

Also the only other option that works is the auto set up for the bandwidth on the top of the qos screen. It changes based on priority of bandwidth or ping but it changed my upload and download to fit the ping setting I chose. That’s nice. 

Also TrayDay I’m gonna see but my att gateway screens look different from yours. Maybe because we have different gateways. But I’ll check to see what I can change. 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, AnnonymouS said:

Good morning, just wanted to see if anyone is having the same problem as I Im. 

QOS---- Went I try to do Auto-Setup to try to find the best ping or Bandwidth it always selects 0% an both upload and download. 

My internet is 1000 down and 40 up. Dsl report i get A+ . Need some feed back. thanks 

This is something we're aware of and are looking into. Are you prioritizing for latency or bandwidth? What results do you get via benchmark using your usual settings? If it continues to come back with 0 for both latency and bandwidth then would recommend using the sliders manually for now and checking those settings with connection benchmark for now. 

16 minutes ago, Doughboy said:

I got it connected to the internet, but certain aspects of the router don’t function like it don’t recognize it being on the internet or something. I tried flushing the cloud, I reset the router all together mainly because my password didn’t take I played cod on it and I get a nat 2 type on ps4 I don’t get a open nat in game. I’ll try the gateway option TrayDay suggested I really appreciate the feed back because this att stuff been giving me fits since I had it. 

Also the only other option that works is the auto set up for the bandwidth on the top of the qos screen. It changes based on priority of bandwidth or ping but it changed my upload and download to fit the ping setting I chose. That’s nice. 

Also TrayDay I’m gonna see but my att gateway screens look different from yours. Maybe because we have different gateways. But I’ll check to see what I can change. 

Could you elaborate on the aspects of the router that don't seem to be working? It will help to do the settings Tray suggested for your NAT, if it's still not open we can take a look further. 

I tried both Latency and bandwidth same results 0%. Yes for now im using manually sliders. Also it would be nice to see which packets are being used from source ports to destination ports. Just a helpful thing to have. But overall great job on the router and I will  keep testing it.   

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, AnnonymouS said:

I tried both Latency and bandwidth same results 0%. Yes for now im using manually sliders. Also it would be nice to see which packets are being used from source ports to destination ports. Just a helpful thing to have. But overall great job on the router and I will  keep testing it.   

Thanks a lot for confirming. We do have an open ticket for this so we will look into it - thankfully it's just an extra feature to help people and not essential to using QoS. That has been suggested before as well so we will consider adding that in the future. Glad you're enjoying it!

Well to start the cloud aspect won’t update to allow me to even see any servers on the geofilter, I can’t run any Speedtests I can’t do a ping heat check, all of the new features I can’t use. I don’t know if it’s because of this cloud issue or if the router is defective or what. 

I feel so slow, I can’t believe what I did yesterday to my credit I was tired but I actually played cod this way but I didn’t connect the internet from the gateway to the blue internet port on the  R2.  I plugged it into one of the ports where the console normally goes 🤦🏽‍♂️ I’ll let u know what happens