Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

I would like to be able to see switches in the Device Manager.  That way I could allot a chunck of bandwidth for it instead of having to do it to every device connected to it individually.  

Im still getting to know the R2, but it's certainly doing a good job on the home network so far. Have only played a few matches using traffic prioritization and CC. I didn't even have the CC sliders below 90%.  Glad to have a way to prioritize my console given that we are using 100% streaming services for TV entertainment.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, celebrimbor93 said:

not really happy with the product so far only one day and i have multiple problems , i can't access the duma  interface ,the wifi coverage isn't that good and i already spent a whole day trying to fix things but no solutions  . you guys don't even have a reset guide for this product 

I've responded to your topic, lets try and get you access first and we can go from there. All you have to do for a reset is hold the reset button in the back down for 30 seconds then release. Wait a few minutes for the router to boot up.

2 hours ago, major masingil said:

I would like to be able to see switches in the Device Manager.  That way I could allot a chunck of bandwidth for it instead of having to do it to every device connected to it individually.  

Im still getting to know the R2, but it's certainly doing a good job on the home network so far. Have only played a few matches using traffic prioritization and CC. I didn't even have the CC sliders below 90%.  Glad to have a way to prioritize my console given that we are using 100% streaming services for TV entertainment.

A switch is generally transparent to the router, might be possible with a managed switch perhaps if it gives devices connected to it an IP on a different subnet. Glad you're enjoying the router so far!

16 hours ago, fuzzy clam said:

Well basically the R2 wouldn't let me stay connected in any lobby or chat when I tried to run it on Safari. I didn't think it was a port forwarding issue that was preventing the R2 from running correctly but an OS issue. The OG Duma never would function for me on Safari either. I tried it again yesterday to run Apex and COD on Safari and same thing it won't keep me in a lobby without booting me out and then disconnecting me from the game. And yesterday it was only letting me connect to lobbies about half the time, so it's strictly a Safari thing in my case. I run it through Chrome and it runs just fine, exactly as it should. So basically the R2 doesn't function for me anyway when on Safari. Not exactly sure what the issue is but maybe it just doesn't play well with Mac's and doesn't like Safari.

Response from a Dev is that we will attempt to reproduce this issue on our end.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've responded to your topic, lets try and get you access first and we can go from there. All you have to do for a reset is hold the reset button in the back down for 30 seconds then release. Wait a few minutes for the router to boot up.

A switch is generally transparent to the router, might be possible with a managed switch perhaps if it gives devices connected to it an IP on a different subnet. Glad you're enjoying the router so far! @Netduma Fraser The R2 is good stuff Fraser! The switch I am using is a managed switch. I have been using it with an Edge Router with the switch's DHCP off. The Edge Router was doing all the DHCP responsibilities.  Even with DHCP off on the switch, I was able to see it and access its interface through the GUI on the Edge Router.  With the R2 I am not able to do either.

Response from a Dev is that we will attempt to reproduce this issue on our end.

Just got mine today, took it out plugged it in, i plugged the main line into the r2 causei wanted to run it directly because i need to give my fios router back to frontier soon. it wouldnt detect the internet and the 192.168.77.1 wouldnt work either , i had to reset the router a couple times connect the fios router then piggy back the r2 onto it, then after words i was able to get the r2 to run on its own. so far so good. connection solid. feels really good, winning some pretty crazy gun fights too, i noticed people not popping up in my party chat on the geo filter tho. is this the current version R2 3.0.123 ?

3 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Just got mine today, took it out plugged it in, i plugged the main line into the r2 causei wanted to run it directly because i need to give my fios router back to frontier soon. it wouldnt detect the internet and the 192.168.77.1 wouldnt work either , i had to reset the router a couple times connect the fios router then piggy back the r2 onto it, then after words i was able to get the r2 to run on its own. so far so good. connection solid. feels really good, winning some pretty crazy gun fights too, i noticed people not popping up in my party chat on the geo filter tho. is this the current version R2 3.0.123 ?

It is the current version and keep an eye out for new updates.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

will there be a email sent out for it or a new thread posted?

got some pretty cool videos on my IG @toddzillainla with the game play using the r2 tonight

Awesome to hear about your gameplay Todd, not sure what happened initially but glad it's up and running now. We will make a new topic for it. Shouldn't be too long before a public release for next version.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

pretty happy with it, when i do the interntel speed test im getting a little over 1gige on my fios connection and with the fios router i was only getting 6 to 800mbs

Wow that's awesome, could you provide a screenshot of that please? Would love to see that.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

having problems with finding a games... factory reset and just added the pc but nothing ever loads. any ideas?

Give the PC a console device type in the Device Manager then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select manual. Does it work properly then?

R2 came yesterday 

set it up today 

what can I say does exactly what it says on the tin 

warzone hit reg is spot on shoot first kill first 

the geofencing is brilliant get uk or French server every game

cracking bit of kit think the xr 500 is going on eBay 

also got a suggestion could we get profiles we can set on geofilter for different games

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Thebluecat said:

R2 came yesterday 

set it up today 

what can I say does exactly what it says on the tin 

warzone hit reg is spot on shoot first kill first 

the geofencing is brilliant get uk or French server every game

cracking bit of kit think the xr 500 is going on eBay 

also got a suggestion could we get profiles we can set on geofilter for different games

That is great to hear, really glad you're enjoying it! We did use to have profiles but I don't think many people used them and really there wasn't much difference between them either. 1000km radius is usually recommended for any game.

My initial impressions of the R2 so far are favorable. I've had it running for a couple days now and it's solved some problems for me that no other router has. We live in the country (stateside) so have very limited bandwidth (wireless 10Mb/s down, 2Mb/s up). I installed the router and set a few settings to match my old router and all my devices connected with no issues. I'm not using any of the advanced gaming features yet, and just set the QOS silders for 70% to start.

We are able to have gaming sessions, streaming TV and downloads/updates going at the same time no problem. It's also worked well for the distance learning and working that we're doing now.

The only feature I miss that others have mentioned (and something I think all devices with lights should have) is the ability to turn off the LED's or limit it to just one for power.

I do have one problem with the R-Apps timing out that I'll detail in another post, but it's not affecting any connected devices...

Joe

• Administrators
13 hours ago, JoeGantic said:

My initial impressions of the R2 so far are favorable. I've had it running for a couple days now and it's solved some problems for me that no other router has. We live in the country (stateside) so have very limited bandwidth (wireless 10Mb/s down, 2Mb/s up). I installed the router and set a few settings to match my old router and all my devices connected with no issues. I'm not using any of the advanced gaming features yet, and just set the QOS silders for 70% to start.

We are able to have gaming sessions, streaming TV and downloads/updates going at the same time no problem. It's also worked well for the distance learning and working that we're doing now.

The only feature I miss that others have mentioned (and something I think all devices with lights should have) is the ability to turn off the LED's or limit it to just one for power.

I do have one problem with the R-Apps timing out that I'll detail in another post, but it's not affecting any connected devices...

Joe

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear it's working well for you. The LEDs being dimmable/turned off has been requested so we'll see what we can do on that front. I will respond to your topic about that.

Happy with global shipping speed by DHL, the package is neat and looks great. I have made an initial impression on the Netduma R2 with the Unboxing of the router here: 

The only thing is that it should also come support with IPV4. What happen if my ISP unable to provide IPV6? Will the router still work?  

1 hour ago, LiLpamb.TwitchTV said:

Happy with global shipping speed by DHL, the package is neat and looks great. I have made an initial impression on the Netduma R2 with the Unboxing of the router here: 

The only thing is that it should also come support with IPV4. What happen if my ISP unable to provide IPV6? Will the router still work?  

The R2 router supports IPV4 and IPV6. You will be ok. It can get a little tricky to get started if your IPS requires PPOE. You will have some additional steps to get your connection working. There will be a lot of people on the forum who will be able to help you get going.

2 hours ago, major masingil said:

The R2 router supports IPV4 and IPV6. You will be ok. It can get a little tricky to get started if your IPS requires PPOE. You will have some additional steps to get your connection working. There will be a lot of people on the forum who will be able to help you get going.

Posted about this to thread. I have not met anyone that have walk me through the problem. I don't know where to contact the support. They only direct me to the forum as the fastest way to reach out for help.

15 hours ago, LiLpamb.TwitchTV said:

Posted about this to thread. I have not met anyone that have walk me through the problem. I don't know where to contact the support. They only direct me to the forum as the fastest way to reach out for help.

Are you now up and running?

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, LiLpamb.TwitchTV said:

I have seen a "remote tech support" setting on my Netduma R2. If someone from the staff could see and help that would be awesome.

I saw in your topic that you managed to resolve the issue, really glad to hear that. Feel free to start a new topic if you have any questions/issues and thanks for the unboxing vid!