Welcome R2 owners! We want your feedback!

Netduma Alex

My R2 is giving me alot of problems. Lag in every game, barely any wifi even 3 feet away,  watching youtube videos in 1080p60fps buffers non stop, smart tv buffers or low quality,  bad speeds on R2 giving me a (D-)? But everything else A+. I had no problems in xr500 except I couldn't "melt" enemies like some people are saying. I tried messing QOS with sliders from 70/70 to 2/2, I have Verizon Fios Gigabit speeds. DSL reports A+ across the board.  Lowest ping on speedtest was 4 highest 10 consecutively. Please help, I don't want to return this item that promises gaming advantages. 

7 hours ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

My R2 is giving me alot of problems. Lag in every game, barely any wifi even 3 feet away,  watching youtube videos in 1080p60fps buffers non stop, smart tv buffers or low quality,  bad speeds on R2 giving me a (D-)? But everything else A+. I had no problems in xr500 except I couldn't "melt" enemies like some people are saying. I tried messing QOS with sliders from 70/70 to 2/2, I have Verizon Fios Gigabit speeds. DSL reports A+ across the board.  Lowest ping on speedtest was 4 highest 10 consecutively. Please help, I don't want to return this item that promises gaming advantages. 

Do the congestion auto setup mine said 98% download 10% upload I gave the same connection as you. I took out the fios router completely out of the equation. I only have my r2 connected and I’m melting 

check out my videos here instagram.com/owuh_gaming 

7 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Do the congestion auto setup mine said 98% download 10% upload I gave the same connection as you. I took out the fios router completely out of the equation. I only have my r2 connected and I’m melting 

I did that too. Just modem and R2. No melting. Shoot 1st die 1st. Auto set 100% / 90%. 

9 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I'll take a pic of my set up later and maybe I have it set up wrong.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

We'll have a new firmware soon that will improve WiFi but for now here are some suggestions:

• Disable Mirror Mode for WiFi and name 2.4/5GHz separately
  • Use a WiFi analyzer and find the least congested channel for 2.4/5GHz and then change to that in WiFi settings
  • Connect to 5GHz when doing things like watching video etc
  • What speeds do you pay for/receive?
  • Speeds on Connection Benchmark will be improved so doesn't matter too much what you get here atm if you get a good speedtest.net result for example
  • Could you post your Connection Benchmark results please?

Speedtest.net ping doesn't mean that is what your game ping will be. What is your average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter?

Thanks. I disabled mirror mode and its great now! My 5Ghz wifi is now over 600Mbps and downloaded a WiFi analyzer and all my channels were congested. Too bad the R2 doesn't have automatic channel changer when it detects congestion. Speeds I pay for is 940 up/ 800 down Fios. And here are my benchmarks:

image.thumb.png.2a8d478701ea432799cceaf78d3f16b7.png

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Thanks. I disabled mirror mode and its great now! My 5Ghz wifi is now over 600Mbps and downloaded a WiFi analyzer and all my channels were congested. Too bad the R2 doesn't have automatic channel changer when it detects congestion. Speeds I pay for is 940 up/ 800 down Fios. And here are my benchmarks:

That is fantastic! Automatic channel changing will actually be in the next firmware. Those are some really good statistics!!

Hello 

When I got the R" it was working amazing but now I feel it ins't doing anything at all to my game play. My bandwidth is the same as my fiber connection and so is my ping.

I have checked for optimized settings but that is all set correctly. I do not why the router isn't doing anything to help unlike when i first got it. Can you help with any suggestions?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ash said:

Hello 

When I got the R" it was working amazing but now I feel it ins't doing anything at all to my game play. My bandwidth is the same as my fiber connection and so is my ping.

I have checked for optimized settings but that is all set correctly. I do not why the router isn't doing anything to help unlike when i first got it. Can you help with any suggestions?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

When you say you don't think it is doing anything what do you mean exactly? Are you experiencing lag? What is the average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter?

In regards to ping . Prior to using netduma r2 I was getting 40-60 ping with my normal router.
Once I started using the r2 router I was getting 15-25 ping, on my Geo-filter I am getting avg 7-9 ping.

But now I am getting ping around 50-90 ping which is similar to what I was getting before netduma.

I feel my game does lag a bit more then what I was use too, However I feel its more the hit detection / bullet reg for example when I am playing call of duty warzone.

I play on PS4, I have tried to set a profile however on the Geo-filter I can on set it to call of duty pc.

Can you maybe suggest what the best filter to put on either call of duty pc or maybe engines?
 why my ping has gone up?
also any suggestions how to get the best out of the Netduma r2. I currently get 75mb download and 20mb upload.
If you need anything else let me know.

• Administrators

That ping, are you measuring it using the in game reading? If so that's dependent on the server so then I would recommend you use the Geo-Filter to force other servers to see if you get a better experience. In the Device Manager make sure it is a PlayStation device type and then add it using the manual option. 

The ping heat map shows 8-10 ping, I have used polygon mode to made the area around the UK as that is where I am based. also I have extended this to other parts of Europe and still the same issue.

In game once I load in on multiplayer is starts at 20 then shoots to 100 ping at times

When I am in warzone it starts 50 and shoots to 90 ping.

I have done this already by going to device manager and done Playstaion and on the geo-filter i have added this is manually with the filter option on.

Can you suggest something. Thanks

both to be fair. 
I just tested it, on Geo-filter it started with 7ping and then it jumped to 80-90 and in game it was around 100.

Also on the Geo-filter the servers do not populate, it will show ping assist player and i believe that it me and not any other players.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Ash said:

both to be fair. 
I just tested it, on Geo-filter it started with 7ping and then it jumped to 80-90 and in game it was around 100.

Also on the Geo-filter the servers do not populate, it will show ping assist player and i believe that it me and not any other players.

That sounds like a congestion issue then. What is your exact physical setup? What speeds do you get/pay for? Are you using QoS? What are your Connection Benchmark results?

So my physical set up is my duma r2 is connect to my ee smart hub 2 via the wan wort on a cat 6a cable.

Then via a cat 6a cable from port one on the duma r2 to the back on my playstation. nothing else is hard wired in.

I pay for 75 mb download and 20 mb upload. I am getting 66 mb download and 18,75 mb upload via the duma r2 benchmark feature. Speed is A, Ping is A+ and Ping under load is A.

I am using QoS via the auto set up and congestion control auto enabled. 

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Ash said:

So my physical set up is my duma r2 is connect to my ee smart hub 2 via the wan wort on a cat 6a cable.

Then via a cat 6a cable from port one on the duma r2 to the back on my playstation. nothing else is hard wired in.

I pay for 75 mb download and 20 mb upload. I am getting 66 mb download and 18,75 mb upload via the duma r2 benchmark feature. Speed is A, Ping is A+ and Ping under load is A.

I am using QoS via the auto set up and congestion control auto enabled. 

Do you have any devices connected to the hub via ethernet or WiFi? Have you put the hub in modem, bridge mode or put the R2 WAN IP in the DMZ?

Could you screenshot the benchmark results? I'm interested in the specific numbers and spikes.

I do not have any other device connected to any hub via Ethernet except my ps4 , I do have my laptop connected to the duma r2 via wifi, my mobile phone connected to my main hub and so it my TV.

I have also over the past few days seen that I lose internet connection on my r2, I can not seem load the internet at all and also by Ethernet it doesn't work. however my main hub that is working and i can connect. I have to switch off the power off of the R2 and then back on for the internet to start working again which is really strange.

I have only put the R2 in the wan port and nothing else on the main moderm. I currently have one DMZ active on my ee smart hub 2 which is for my playstaion from when I use to have it wired in. 

My bench mark results are below. I have uploaded two. I changed my QoS to 98% download and 98% upload and now I get A+ on all results.

connection bench.png

cnnection bench mark 2.png

• Administrators

Okay so I would recommend you connect all your devices to the R2 as those devices connected to the hub will be pulling bandwidth away from the R2 and it won't be able to control it. On the R2 give the R2 a static IP in Settings and for DHCP Lease hours set that to 168. Put the R2 WAN IP found in the System Information page into the DMZ on the hub instead. The second one is definitely the best!

Hi 

I have done this, and see how it goes. I shall keep track over the next few days.

Hey netduma admin,

I last commented just about a week ago and still having the same issue.

On my geo filter ping assit would that have something to do with it ?

Edited by Ash
replying back after waiting

On 9/15/2020 at 10:46 AM, Ash said:

Hello 

Give it a reset all good gamers give a reset before they game thats a must good luck to you