Jump to content
Killhippie

XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

Recommended Posts

On 11/8/2019 at 8:48 PM, coR- said:

may not? lmao last time i buy anything netgear/dumaos related

i hope you're kidding..

It means if someone said is it coming out next week for example I couldn't say whether or not it would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah sure, I wish updates would be more regular.   But I also think some of the rage criticism the NetDuma team receives is a bit unfair.  The reality is my router works very well.  It’s been running consistently since I bought it about a year and a half ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 2:33 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Well hopefully once the new version comes out you'll change your mind. It's not just one feature, it going to be a whole suite of features, some of which users have been requesting for a long time. It's also a statement of intent to keep expanding DumaOS to be as feature packed and versatile as it can be.

Will one of the features be a WOL feature , where we can wake up our sleeping computers with a magic packet sent using the routers web GUI ??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, xlr8r said:

Will one of the features be a WOL feature , where we can wake up our sleeping computers with a magic packet sent using the routers web GUI ??

No I don't think we're planning anything like that.

What would be the use case for this? Waking up a computer from the device manager? The computer would already need to be in sleep mode so you'd only save a few seconds surely... Unless you were trying to connect with Remote Desktop and you wanted to wake it up from the router first. Yeah I could see that being useful.

I'll suggest it to the devs and see how plausible it is. I think it would be quite a niche feature but maybe i'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 2:32 PM, Netduma Alex said:

No I don't think we're planning anything like that.

What would be the use case for this? Waking up a computer from the device manager? The computer would already need to be in sleep mode so you'd only save a few seconds surely... Unless you were trying to connect with Remote Desktop and you wanted to wake it up from the router first. Yeah I could see that being useful.

I'll suggest it to the devs and see how plausible it is. I think it would be quite a niche feature but maybe i'm wrong.

cheers

yes exactly that... connect with Remote Desktop and you wanted to wake it up from the router first.

i did request it in march 2018... nothing came of it

And here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/Option-to-be-able-to-enable-or-disable-the-broadcast-address-to/idi-p/1524355

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm, I imagine nothing came of it because as I said it's quite a niche feature, but still potentially possible. I'll add it to the list of suggestions. We use the list to decide on future features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hm, I imagine nothing came of it because as I said it's quite a niche feature, but still potentially possible. I'll add it to the list of suggestions. We use the list to decide on future features.

would be a great feature...

im sure there are lots of people out there like myself who would like to be able to access their router via www and use it to wake sleeping computers (or any device for that matter) on the network for remote access. rather than having to leave it on constantly....

i really miss it from my old R7000 running custom DD-WRT firmware... Even the DD-WRT App had this feature which was absolutely brilliant!

WOL.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I know it is up to Netgear, but do you expect a XR500 bug fix firmware release prior to the release of the DumaOS 3.0 update?

I would expect there to be another firmware release before DumaOS 3.0 but I couldn't say with 100% certainty, I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No not really. It's up to Netgear. I know when we can expect DumaOS 3.0 to be done (can't tell you) but I don't know if Netgear will have any bug fixes in the mean time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, Mement said:

For anyone updating to this firmware don't forget to back up your current configuration just incase you run into issues

you will find the back up config option under Settings - Administration - Backup Settings.

 

Although I still have to update my firmware looking at these patch notes im very disheartened

A lot of us where hoping for firmware milestone 1.4 or at least some major fixes for the issues we are all having

The last real firmware update was around December the 13th last year is this really what weve been waiting this long for??

 

 

Been over a year now and still nothing.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there was a minor firmware update last year, but yeah it has been a while. The big update will be out this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know when the new big update is going to come out I contacted netduma on the email and they said there's going to be an update to fix the geofilter from PlayStation because I whenever I turn it on it blocks voice chat and do you guys know when there's a big update is going to come out netduma also told me that to that is going to be a big update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hell12309 said:

Does anybody know when the new big update is going to come out I contacted netduma on the email and they said there's going to be an update to fix the geofilter from PlayStation because I whenever I turn it on it blocks voice chat and do you guys know when there's a big update is going to come out netduma also told me that to that is going to be a big update

Cloud updates go our regularly, that will fix any chat issues. Due to the holidays these have been delayed as haven't been in the office all the time. The firmware update DumaOS 3.0 doesn't have an ETA and we likely won't give out one either. If you're interested in learning about it you can take a look at our announcement topic here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, but I've never seen such a lack of competence with firmware updates. Other companies release firmware updates on frequent bases, but the response that we hear over and over and over at Netduma is "Were have a lot of features in the pipeline, but we don't know when Netgear will release them". Literally half a year will go by with the same nonsense. You guys really need to revise your business model. Releasing firmware updates every 2 years? Seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chris J said:

I'm sorry, but I've never seen such a lack of competence with firmware updates. Other companies release firmware updates on frequent bases, but the response that we hear over and over and over at Netduma is "Were have a lot of features in the pipeline, but we don't know when Netgear will release them". Literally half a year will go by with the same nonsense. You guys really need to revise your business model. Releasing firmware updates every 2 years? Seriously?

I can help you with this.Just give up thinking about it and when or if any firmwares come out then it will be a amazing surprise.Thats my thought process but totally agree with what you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 7:20 AM, xtentions said:

Not much of an announcement.  One feature that nobody cares about and no fixes for existing issues.  no timeline for updates.  more empty promises about the new OS fixing all the issues.

Going this long without any communication real class act Netduma then when you do you don't even address any of the issues.

I guess it is time for a new router I wanted to like the xr500 the only reason I went with netgear again was duma os hoping it would be better but seams it was actually worse. 

Still no news.

I guess it has only been 4 more months.  Still on my r7800 due to the .56 making my xr500 unstable. Was hoping for something would really like to get back on my newer router.  Way out of warranty on it now so support is useless.

Amazingly the r7800 has had 2 firmware updates since .56 released for the xr500. 

So is it really Netgear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xtentions said:

Still no news.

I guess it has only been 4 more months.  Still on my r7800 due to the .56 making my xr500 unstable. Was hoping for something would really like to get back on my newer router.  Way out of warranty on it now so support is useless.

Amazingly the r7800 has had 2 firmware updates since .56 released for the xr500. 

So is it really Netgear?

I’m pretty sure those upgrades and the hot fix were Netgear adding stuff and security patches, nothing from Duma as such. I’m in your boat where I’m waiting for 3.0 and I’m using another router at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, while waiting for updates to resolve my issues, I've managed to outlive netgear's replacement warranty, so hopefully when you guys DO update it'll be such a hit we all forget about our month and months of broken routing.  I'm sure you all are doing the best you can, because why wouldn't you, but the expectations of what we were getting versus what we're actually seeing is pretty significant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...