Killhippie

XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:48 PM, coR- said:

may not? lmao last time i buy anything netgear/dumaos related

i hope you're kidding..

It means if someone said is it coming out next week for example I couldn't say whether or not it would.

Yeah sure, I wish updates would be more regular.   But I also think some of the rage criticism the NetDuma team receives is a bit unfair.  The reality is my router works very well.  It’s been running consistently since I bought it about a year and a half ago. 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:33 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Well hopefully once the new version comes out you'll change your mind. It's not just one feature, it going to be a whole suite of features, some of which users have been requesting for a long time. It's also a statement of intent to keep expanding DumaOS to be as feature packed and versatile as it can be.

Will one of the features be a WOL feature , where we can wake up our sleeping computers with a magic packet sent using the routers web GUI ??

9 minutes ago, xlr8r said:

Will one of the features be a WOL feature , where we can wake up our sleeping computers with a magic packet sent using the routers web GUI ??

No I don't think we're planning anything like that.

What would be the use case for this? Waking up a computer from the device manager? The computer would already need to be in sleep mode so you'd only save a few seconds surely... Unless you were trying to connect with Remote Desktop and you wanted to wake it up from the router first. Yeah I could see that being useful.

I'll suggest it to the devs and see how plausible it is. I think it would be quite a niche feature but maybe i'm wrong.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:32 PM, Netduma Alex said:

No I don't think we're planning anything like that.

What would be the use case for this? Waking up a computer from the device manager? The computer would already need to be in sleep mode so you'd only save a few seconds surely... Unless you were trying to connect with Remote Desktop and you wanted to wake it up from the router first. Yeah I could see that being useful.

I'll suggest it to the devs and see how plausible it is. I think it would be quite a niche feature but maybe i'm wrong.

cheers

yes exactly that... connect with Remote Desktop and you wanted to wake it up from the router first.

i did request it in march 2018... nothing came of it

And here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/Option-to-be-able-to-enable-or-disable-the-broadcast-address-to/idi-p/1524355

Hm, I imagine nothing came of it because as I said it's quite a niche feature, but still potentially possible. I'll add it to the list of suggestions. We use the list to decide on future features.

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hm, I imagine nothing came of it because as I said it's quite a niche feature, but still potentially possible. I'll add it to the list of suggestions. We use the list to decide on future features.

would be a great feature...

im sure there are lots of people out there like myself who would like to be able to access their router via www and use it to wake sleeping computers (or any device for that matter) on the network for remote access. rather than having to leave it on constantly....

i really miss it from my old R7000 running custom DD-WRT firmware... Even the DD-WRT App had this feature which was absolutely brilliant!

WOL.png

29 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I know it is up to Netgear, but do you expect a XR500 bug fix firmware release prior to the release of the DumaOS 3.0 update?

I would expect there to be another firmware release before DumaOS 3.0 but I couldn't say with 100% certainty, I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

No not really. It's up to Netgear. I know when we can expect DumaOS 3.0 to be done (can't tell you) but I don't know if Netgear will have any bug fixes in the mean time.