XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

Guest Killhippie

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, shaolin95 said:

So following a "process" is more important than the frustration of customers waiting for this for such a REALLY long time? I think you guys need to re-evaluate your priorities.
Regards

A router is quite central to the home, providing internet to all devices. If we were to just release the software without proper and incremental testing to thousands of people and there was a bug that disconnected you from the internet then this would cause havoc and chaos. You may not like the way it is being done but it actually allows us to produce a more stable product this way.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

A router is quite central to the home, providing internet to all devices. If we were to just release the software without proper and incremental testing to thousands of people and there was a bug that disconnected you from the internet then this would cause havoc and chaos. You may not like the way it is being done but it actually allows us to produce a more stable product this way.

There is ALREADY people testing and I know what BETA means and it will be on me to take or not take the chance of using it. Is not like it is working awesome right now, so there is not much to lose is there?
Anyways, I considered the R2 when I got your email but now, I do not see myself wanting to go through this type of frustration again at this point. Maybe when you guys fix your priorites but not right now.

At this point, send me the email or do not send me the email. I am tired of waiting and arguing.
Regards

11 hours ago, SM961 said:

Latest update is making lose internet connection I went back to  V2.3.2.40.

Did you perform a factory reset after updating last time. Just be aware there are security vulnerability’s with .40.  

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

Did you perform a factory reset after updating last time. Just be aware there are security vulnerability’s with .40.  

Yes, I did twice. 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, SM961 said:

Yes, I did twice. 

What I would recommend is reupload the firmware via TFTP, this will allow you to install the firmware prior to the boot process so if there are any bugs there it will not affect the firmware. Then would suggest a factory reset. It will then be a totally clean install and hopefully resolve the issues.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

On 7/31/2020 at 1:11 PM, shaolin95 said:

There is ALREADY people testing and I know what BETA means and it will be on me to take or not take the chance of using it. Is not like it is working awesome right now, so there is not much to lose is there?
Anyways, I considered the R2 when I got your email but now, I do not see myself wanting to go through this type of frustration again at this point. Maybe when you guys fix your priorites but not right now.

At this point, send me the email or do not send me the email. I am tired of waiting and arguing.
Regards

Bye felicia

• Administrators
8 hours ago, rckrz6 said:

I just realized its been a year since the last official software update 

Good thing this one will be HUGE! Updates after this should be faster but hopefully most issues etc and wants will be covered by 3.0.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, IanRex said:

Again sitting here waiting....waiting. Are we ever going to see a second wave of beta invitations? Are we ever going to see a release candidate?

Yes you will, Netgear decide on the invites so it's just a waiting game. Could always try tweeting their Pro Gaming account and see if they can get you in sooner.

Hi guys! Am having disconnect issues that can happen multiple times in a day to randomly only happening once every few weeks or months. I realized the fix brings me back to .40 which has a security flaw? Can I know like which version should I opt for to get this issue fixed? Thanks for the assistance as always! 😉

• Administrators
14 hours ago, AsNCo said:

Hi guys! Am having disconnect issues that can happen multiple times in a day to randomly only happening once every few weeks or months. I realized the fix brings me back to .40 which has a security flaw? Can I know like which version should I opt for to get this issue fixed? Thanks for the assistance as always! 😉

It will be in one of the next 3.0 builds that should be releasing this week so if you haven't already sign up to the beta. If you're having that issue, after you have signed up I would recommend tweeting @netgeargaming and see if they can invite you.

On 8/16/2019 at 1:08 PM, Killhippie said:

New Features and Enhancements:

• Support France Free and Orange ISP of the IPTV configuration.
  • Support GUI login weak password protection.

Bug Fixes:

1. Fixes security vulnerability issues.
  2. Fixes the issue that cannot detect and prioritize game traffic of Fortnite
  3. Fixes the issue that in traffic prioritization, it can't detect "league of legend" traffic and some other pc games, such as Apex Legend, Monster Hunter and Rainbow Six Siege.
  4. Fixes the issue that the speedtest download speed result will be limited at 500Mbps

Firmware Update Instructions:

Download Link http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.56.zip

this link for beta 3.0???

So... Are we placing bets on end users seeing 3.0 before 2021? 🙄 (Without buying a new router)

At least this time NetDuma and Netgear can blame the pandemic 😷

Seriously absurd and anyone defending either company at this point is blind. Do not make excuses for them, and do not pretend like this practice should be acceptable. Such a premium router should have come with FAR better long term support (or at least short term support...). Disappointed doesn't even begin to express my outlook on my purchase of the XR500 (preorder customer).

For those complaining about FW updates and releases, I recommend that you all post over on NG forum site or contact NG directly. Posting here is fine and all but it's not going to make any difference as NetDuma is not responsible for FW releases and pushing FW on NG products. NetDuma is only a 3rd party developer for NG and NetDuma has to follow what NG puts forth in there FW updates and release schedules. Posting here about is really wasting time. Go to the company responsible and post your concerns about it there. Stop placing blame with the wrong company.