XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

Guest Killhippie

Not much of an announcement.  One feature that nobody cares about and no fixes for existing issues.  no timeline for updates.  more empty promises about the new OS fixing all the issues.

Going this long without any communication real class act Netduma then when you do you don't even address any of the issues.

I guess it is time for a new router I wanted to like the xr500 the only reason I went with netgear again was duma os hoping it would be better but seams it was actually worse. 

Well hopefully once the new version comes out you'll change your mind. It's not just one feature, it going to be a whole suite of features, some of which users have been requesting for a long time. It's also a statement of intent to keep expanding DumaOS to be as feature packed and versatile as it can be.

i would like to download the .40 firmware so i can downgrade it seems that were getting drop outs on our IOS devices , can someone point me in the right direction

***Found it 

Thanks

Hey, since playing COD MW, the Geo filter doesn't show any servers/peers even when they're in the same Party chat. My xr500 used to work well during the beta of this game but now the Geo filter does nothing.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Impulse said:

Hey, since playing COD MW, the Geo filter doesn't show any servers/peers even when they're in the same Party chat. My xr500 used to work well during the beta of this game but now the Geo filter does nothing.

You're referring to the newest CoD correct? We are getting the game tomorrow and then we will be testing it thoroughly and putting out a cloud update if needed. However, I don't think that is the issue here. Please follow these steps and see if the issue is resolved:

1. Shut down the console completely
  2. Remove the Device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud (wait until a minute after the 'too long' message appears and then refresh)
  4. Re-add the Device (make sure it's been added as a console) and set to Filtering Mode
  5. Set up your Geo-Filter how you would like.
  6. Boot up the console and game

On 10/24/2019 at 1:58 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You're referring to the newest CoD correct? We are getting the game tomorrow and then we will be testing it thoroughly and putting out a cloud update if needed. However, I don't think that is the issue here. Please follow these steps and see if the issue is resolved:

3. Flush the cloud (wait until a minute after the 'too long' message appears and then refresh)
  4. Re-add the Device (make sure it's been added as a console) and set to Filtering Mode

Currently the game does not activate the high priority traffic light atleast on pc i had to manual add 3074

Also abit off topic auto ping always seems to be 10ms lower then the reported ping in game.  I do not remember this behavior when the router first launched

• Administrators
On 10/28/2019 at 12:48 AM, rckrz6 said:

Currently the game does not activate the high priority traffic light atleast on pc i had to manual add 3074

Also abit off topic auto ping always seems to be 10ms lower then the reported ping in game.  I do not remember this behavior when the router first launched

How did you have Traffic Prioritization enabled - through DumaOS Classified Games?

Regarding the ping, their ping calculation includes things like processing delay etc which all games have but not all decide to show. Nothing you can do about that, given that it will be different for each game and isn't something we could calculate we show your ping direct to the server. This is the ping you can control so is the one to pay attention to the most.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How did you have Traffic Prioritization enabled - through DumaOS Classified Games?

Regarding the ping, their ping calculation includes things like processing delay etc which all games have but not all decide to show. Nothing you can do about that, given that it will be different for each game and isn't something we could calculate we show your ping direct to the server. This is the ping you can control so is the one to pay attention to the most.

yes i use dumaos classified games

On 10/24/2019 at 9:58 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks, it worked, but now when I connect to the server which used to give me <25ms I now get 200+ . 

IMG_20191101_094734.jpg

Wow, that's a big increase. And I assume that this server is unplayable in the game?

Have there been any local changes to the network since last time you checked this ping? Did you test at a time when other people were using the network?

29 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I think it has to do with the AWS server in Bahrain. Is there a way to double check this because it only started happening since yesterday and I believe others have the same issue. 

Well I can't see any problems listed for Bahrain on the official status site: https://status.aws.amazon.com/

But it might be specific to the game.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Impulse said:

That's strange. I saw a few people complaining on Twitter about the same server on fortnite as well, so maybe it's a routing issue ? Again, this just started happening yesterday.

That's entirely possible, it's a new server they've brought online isn't it? They may not have all the kinks figured out yet.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, BeerOnTap said:

Has anyone on the NetDuma staff actually picked up a phone, called Netgear, and asked them “seriously guys, what the hell is holding up the update?” ???

We are in contact daily with Netgear but that doesn't mean everything they tell us is suitable to share, also even if they tell us when an update would be released it is still subject to change through delays etc and that really doesn't help anyone being told multiple dates only to have them missed - trust us, we've done this in the past and doesn't work. I realise it is frustrating but we can't give you any information on when an update may or may not be released.