XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

Guest Killhippie

Hello I Just Bought Myself a New Nighthawk Xr500,  Was wondering if this was the newest firmware!   And let me tell you,  From running the DumaOS on the R1 coming to this,  OMFG  Im actually lost with how many features this this has!!  Im was looking at the VPN thing, Does this mean it actually has a VPN Built into the router?   And when it says about assigning a static IP address, Does this mean i can actually change my IP address whenever i want?   There's so much stuff in here its going to take me forever to learn how to use it all to its advantage! But damn this thing is quick!  No Wait time at all for ANYTHING!  Had a little trouble getting my Wired PC to get internet going,  But i just switched to use PCs Mac address it and it fixed it!    I Feel like a complete NOOB looking at all this stuff!   It took me a little while when i first got my R1 a few years ago, But man this thing is BAD ASS!!   And i got a great deal on it,   Got This Package Deal for less then 250 Brand New Straight From Netgears Site!  :)      If anyone has any tips for me, Xbox Gamer please help a noob out on the settings!  Thanks again everyone! I love this community everyone responds so fast and is so down to help everyone!   For Sure Have to give a major shot out to "Netduma Fraser"  You freaking rock man!   Thanks again everyone!    

Firmware version XR500 V2.3.2.56  

NightHawk_Xr500_And_NightHawk_S8000_Switch.jpg

• Administrators
4 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Hello I Just Bought Myself a New Nighthawk Xr500,  Was wondering if this was the newest firmware!   And let me tell you,  From running the DumaOS on the R1 coming to this,  OMFG  Im actually lost with how many features this this has!!  Im was looking at the VPN thing, Does this mean it actually has a VPN Built into the router?   And when it says about assigning a static IP address, Does this mean i can actually change my IP address whenever i want?   There's so much stuff in here its going to take me forever to learn how to use it all to its advantage! But damn this thing is quick!  No Wait time at all for ANYTHING!  Had a little trouble getting my Wired PC to get internet going,  But i just switched to use PCs Mac address it and it fixed it!    I Feel like a complete NOOB looking at all this stuff!   It took me a little while when i first got my R1 a few years ago, But man this thing is BAD ASS!!   And i got a great deal on it,   Got This Package Deal for less then 250 Brand New Straight From Netgears Site!  :)      If anyone has any tips for me, Xbox Gamer please help a noob out on the settings!  Thanks again everyone! I love this community everyone responds so fast and is so down to help everyone!   For Sure Have to give a major shot out to "Netduma Fraser"  You freaking rock man!   Thanks again everyone!    

Firmware version XR500 V2.3.2.56  

That's great to hear and thanks for the shoutout!

Yes this is the latest firmware currently before the beta versions, so would recommend you sign up for that. No, it is a VPN Client so you will need a VPN subscription from a VPN provider to use the feature. You can't change your public IP address either, that's just to do with how it gets its IP from the ISP modem/router. As you're familiar with DumaOS already then most of the new things for you will be in Settings.

14 hours ago, shaolin95 said:

I just subscribed as my last attempt at keeping this router before moving to an asus 11000. Hope I get the email soon.

Im trying to hold off as well,  but now with Wifi 6 becoming more mainstream I think its time to be done with the XR500 and more importantly be done with Netgear. I haven't seen a router this poorly maintained since the Amped Wireless release. I'm 99% going back to Asus at this point.

25 minutes ago, crawlgsx said:

Im trying to hold off as well,  but now with Wifi 6 becoming more mainstream I think its time to be done with the XR500 and more importantly be done with Netgear. I haven't seen a router this poorly maintained since the Amped Wireless release. I'm 99% going back to Asus at this point.

I hear you, this is very likely my last netgear router no matter what. And lets not forget my Arlo cameras..another product support disaster with bugs that never get fixed and support only has one reply to every issue, disconnect the cameras to power drain like we have acccess to them in all our setups so easily!

On 7/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

You can do so by signing up to the form here: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html

It seems this major DHCP lease renewal dropping connection issue has been a thing for over a year now and throughout this forum, the NetDuma guys are confirming left and right there is a fix in a future build of 3.0. Given it's an OS and you guys can get updates out fast and frequently (your own words), can we get this into more hands ASAP?

On 8/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, Netduma Alex said:

And I can't show you the expanded patch notes because I don't have them. I know what's coming in 1.4 but that's not been implemented yet.

You definitely won't be waiting 8 months for 1.4

True 11 already!

• Administrators
On 7/23/2020 at 1:00 AM, MattyAu said:

You'll do that automatically, or we need to request you to bump us? lol

On 7/23/2020 at 3:35 AM, psygn said:

Good deal, signed up - thanks.

On 7/23/2020 at 6:11 PM, shaolin95 said:

Any beta email invitations going to be sent out soon?

13 hours ago, IanRex said:

Cmon guys its been long enough. Get these second email invitations out already!

Basically if you haven't had it yet and mention that then we'll try to get people bumped up so will put your names forward.

6 hours ago, Maruf said:

It seems this major DHCP lease renewal dropping connection issue has been a thing for over a year now and throughout this forum, the NetDuma guys are confirming left and right there is a fix in a future build of 3.0. Given it's an OS and you guys can get updates out fast and frequently (your own words), can we get this into more hands ASAP?

Netgear have confirmed they have a fix in the works, as it's a Netgear bug there isn't much we can do about it.

Hi Fraser,

Basically if you haven't had it yet and mention that then we'll try to get people bumped up so will put your names forward.

Can you please bump it up so we can get it at the earliest? 

Guest Killhippie
On 7/19/2020 at 2:43 PM, shaolin95 said:

I hear you, this is very likely my last netgear router no matter what. And lets not forget my Arlo cameras..another product support disaster with bugs that never get fixed and support only has one reply to every issue, disconnect the cameras to power drain like we have acccess to them in all our setups so easily!

Netgear dont own Arlo any more. Its Arlo on their own now. I'm happy with my RAX120, but we all have to find what we want and realise that nothing is future proof.

On 7/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, xtentions said:

Don't worry folks NetDuma 3.0 will be in a new router releasing in two weeks.  Honestly NetDuma and Netgear can both go screw themselves .  Absolutely zero integrity here.  They promise the moon deliver nothing.

https://netduma.com/order/netduma-r2/

This is the nail in the coffin for me. I have complained many times about how Netgear has pumped out other routers (with Netduma) without ever updating the XR500 but now even Netduma will release a new router WITH the new software before we have even seen an update. I agree 100% with your sentiments. 

On 7/28/2020 at 9:16 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes we've tried to bump you both up the list. We don't have a timeframe as it is still up to Netgear regarding when/who to send invites to.

So basically I dont know if I will get the email or not, I dont know when the LONG TIME coming 3.0 is coming out....and this piece of gear is still "broken" after all this time? 
I should have taken an offer to sell the 500 a couple of weeks ago and be done with this. My wishfull thinking of things getting released soon backfired on me

• Administrators

The beta is here so it's no longer just words, people are using it right now so just a matter of time before you receive an invite. I do understand your frustration and I wish I could just give you the firmware but there is a process that has to be followed.

56 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The beta is here so it's no longer just words, people are using it right now so just a matter of time before you receive an invite. I do understand your frustration and I wish I could just give you the firmware but there is a process that has to be followed.

So following a "process" is more important than the frustration of customers waiting for this for such a REALLY long time? I think you guys need to re-evaluate your priorities.
Regards