XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

Guest Killhippie

Been a long time since I've been able to log into the forum but finally allowed me to log in for the first time in about a year I'd guess.  Just want to see what's up and make sure I'm running the latest and greatest on my xr500?  Looks like we have some big updates in the pipeline and looks awesome!

• Administrators
11 hours ago, wrathoftank said:

Been a long time since I've been able to log into the forum but finally allowed me to log in for the first time in about a year I'd guess.  Just want to see what's up and make sure I'm running the latest and greatest on my xr500?  Looks like we have some big updates in the pipeline and looks awesome!

Hey, good to see you! Hope you're leeping safe during this tough time. If you've upgraded to .56 then you're on the latest. Yes we do, it's going to be epic!

Hello 6 months passed.
I'm on .56

You told me there that there should have been (under the new release in a short time )
something to fix the dashboard issues.

I checked today, nothing?
image.thumb.png.f5718cd34b363939bec56d4caad566c7.png
My son want a router to manage his home... and I dont know what to tell him 😞
I had so many expectation from Duma OS... two years long waiting... and no light so far.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, AlainCh2 said:

Hello 6 months passed.
I'm on .56

You told me there that there should have been (under the new release in a short time )
something to fix the dashboard issues.

I checked today, nothing?

My son want a router to manage his home... and I dont know what to tell him 😞
I had so many expectation from Duma OS... two years long waiting... and no light so far.

We're still working hard on 3.0 and will have an announcement as soon as we can regarding beta testing. You could try downgrading the firmware as that may resolve it in the meantime.

Guest Killhippie
21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're still working hard on 3.0 and will have an announcement as soon as we can regarding beta testing. You could try downgrading the firmware as that may resolve it in the meantime.

Also you will open up yourself to security issues, I really wish  Netduma would state that, because people can get hacked or have their LAN compromised on any firmware below .56 and no mention of at your own risk is ever put out when users are told to say try an earlier version. Not having a go here, just security focused in an age where there are always vulnerabilities around the corner. Also if you router becomes bricked by a security issue fixed in later firmware, Netgear will not honour your warranty on a earlier unpatched version. :)

Ever since this patch has come out I have had the DUMA OS software lose connection to the Router.  Here is what I see on a regular basis:

image.thumb.png.2134b90378e02d324ae0050a20519542.png

I have reboot the router only to lose connection again within minutes and sometimes if I let it go it will eventually reconnect over an extended time.   Every single time this happens I also have to go into my clear browser history and clear all history.  I have tried Chrome, Mozilla, and Edge browsers and it happens in all 3.     I have also noticed that although I use a custom password for access to router its still says its an unsecure connection.  

Can someone assist on possible solutions?

This is the default message when the router is in process of rebooting. It's normal.  It will go away when there router is back to ready.

HTTP is only used on LAN side web page log in. Again, normal operation for LAN side access.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, calima20 said:

Ever since this patch has come out I have had the DUMA OS software lose connection to the Router.  Here is what I see on a regular basis:

image.thumb.png.2134b90378e02d324ae0050a20519542.png

I have reboot the router only to lose connection again within minutes and sometimes if I let it go it will eventually reconnect over an extended time.   Every single time this happens I also have to go into my clear browser history and clear all history.  I have tried Chrome, Mozilla, and Edge browsers and it happens in all 3.     I have also noticed that although I use a custom password for access to router its still says its an unsecure connection.  

Can someone assist on possible solutions?

If you access the interface using the LAN IP do you experience the same thing? As above, the unsecure connection is normal - you don't ever put personal information in the interface either.

If that is happening to you on the new update I recommend downgrading to the older update if it's possible which it is possible if it is telling you to update don't update it just wait until the next update comes out and then update it

2 hours ago, e38BimmerFN said:

This is the default message when the router is in process of rebooting. It's normal.  It will go away when there router is back to ready.

HTTP is only used on LAN side web page log in. Again, normal operation for LAN side access.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you access the interface using the LAN IP do you experience the same thing? As above, the unsecure connection is normal - you don't ever put personal information in the interface either.

Thanks for the feedback.  Is it common for the router to reboot multiple times throughout the day or  multiple times in an hour?   I don't ever recall this happening on older firmware versions.  I will try accessing the Router / Netduma OS on a WAN device to see if that offers a more stable connection.    Thanks!

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, calima20 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Is it common for the router to reboot multiple times throughout the day or  multiple times in an hour?   I don't ever recall this happening on older firmware versions.  I will try accessing the Router / Netduma OS on a WAN device to see if that offers a more stable connection.    Thanks!

No it shouldn't be rebooting at all - do you know it is rebooting or are you assuming so when you see that message? I have seen that message on a rare occasion happen without a reboot.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No it shouldn't be rebooting at all - do you know it is rebooting or are you assuming so when you see that message? I have seen that message on a rare occasion happen without a reboot.

I assume its rebooting based upon the message.  I don't lose connection to the game or internet but I do lose connection to the OS and the ability to overview the dashboard.   

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, calima20 said:

I assume its rebooting based upon the message.  I don't lose connection to the game or internet but I do lose connection to the OS and the ability to overview the dashboard.   

It won't be rebooting then as you would have lost the connection, when it occurs again check if you can access using the LAN IP. Usually if that appears when it isn't rebooting then LAN IP access should be possible.

The only way you should know is rebooting the lights will restart and then the console will restart on the router It shouldn't be restarting for no apparent reason there should be a reason why once you have access to the OS go to factory reset and restore the router to factory default and see if that does anything if you can't do that then press and hold the back reset button with a little pin for a few seconds for 5 or 10 seconds and that will reset your router to factory default You're going to have to use hardwired to get that working

Edited by fpsmercs

2 hours ago, calima20 said:

Should not be rebooting on it's own. Possible wifi interference could cause this:

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? 

I have seen this when a manual reboot is performed. 

On 5/17/2020 at 12:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It won't be rebooting then as you would have lost the connection, when it occurs again check if you can access using the LAN IP. Usually if that appears when it isn't rebooting then LAN IP access should be possible.

22 hours ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Should not be rebooting on it's own. Possible wifi interference could cause this:

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? 

I have seen this when a manual reboot is performed. 

Sorry for delay in replying.   I am currently connected via LAN IP and i will report back with an update on how today goes.   I apologize for stating that the router was rebooting as indeed the lights of the router remained on and I was able to stay connected.    Indeed it was only telling me that the OS lost connection with router.   Thanks for the advise and sorry for stating the wrong information.  :)

Okay just checking because it looks like your Wi-Fi antennas are rebooting itself not the router try looking over in the advanced section and look at Wi-Fi and see what they're connected to

On 5/17/2020 at 1:08 PM, calima20 said:

Don't forget to reset your router after the firmware update.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, IanRex said:

Hi,

Been on the beta subscription for 3.0 for quite some time now. Are we ever going to see a second wave of emails soon?

Yes there are continuing to send out invites so keep an eye on your emails!